Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

I've tested them a few times now at the recommendation of posters here. I think they are amazing. The head shape compared to most of the other hybrids on the market really appeals to my eye. Really going to have a tough time not ending up with a 3 & 4 in my bag this season.

Some good feedback on these. I'll be taking my hybrid and 5W in on my next trip to GS to hit against these. Kinda salty that I didn't do it last time.

Yeah definitely wouldn't have hurt. I also should note that I hit a slight fade with the tour green shaft and a slight draw with the Whiteboard. I wish the x2hot was adjustable so I could just interchange the shafts.

Definitely like the heavier shaft though as it helps me drop into the slot more. I believe the tour green plays to around 75g, and the 17g difference is quite noticeable to me.

This is very tempting... even though my SS is modest, I hit the ball further ( ratio wise ) with irons / hybrids than the driver. I went back to using my old A4 hybrid with a 80G javelin shaft, and I hit it so much better than the cell ( and a couple others ) that were much lighter. I have never liked Callaway hybrids at all - but maybe it's time to give this one a rip...

This club is just so dang easy to hit. 225/230 carry off the deck and the tee. Just so easy to hit

I have to agree, aside from the 225 thing. I hit this very well today. Had a couple big loopers to the left, but mostly good results. It feels really good too. I like the shape more and more every time I hit it. Ball just takes off when you catch the center.

These clubs are so amazing. I have the 18* and 23* in pro version. For reference, I hit my 7 iron about 175~180. I am hitting the 23* 215-220 and the 18* 230-235 (all carry distances). That is 10-15 yards longer than the X Hot Pro hybrids (same lofts) I played last year. Plus, the X2Hot Pros are so much easier to hit than the X Hot Pros. I hit four tee shots with the 18* today. They were 240, 245, 245, and 247. That's only 5 to 10 yards shorter than I hit my 14.5* 3 Deep.

"I tell ya what, it's like a dang ol boom" - Boomhauer

I picked up my 3 and 4 hybrids tonight forgot just how nice these are to swing and they go a mile! Has anyone else been fit with stiff shafts in there hybrids and regular in there irons?

I was fit into the stiff version of these as well. It just felt right.

Finally got my 4 hybrid on the simulator today. I may not want to carry anything above it because it is just that long. 220 carry was a very welcome sight with a great ball flight. Well worth the wait, this thing is going to get me out of a lot of trouble, even off the tee if needed. And the sound, oh that sound is absolutely phenomenal.

This club is great off the tee. I didn't miss a fairway this past Saturday with THPers and it just goes straight and long. JB smoked his 3H and he's a big fan.

I really enjoyed my last outdoor range session with this. Sound and shape bring back a lot of Mashie memories for me, which is a good thing.

One or more of these will be hit this weekend methinks. Gonna take in my FWs and hybo for some comparisons.

The 4H is an absolute favorite of mine, smooth swing with descending blow produces nice high launching straight balls - it's my 190 to 200 club now without hesitation.

These hybrids are truly amazing. So easy to hit off the tee and turf. High launching missles that land softly on the green. Today I had 200 yds from the rough and hit the 3h to the middle of the green. 180 yd par 3 into the wind and hit my 4h pin high. My confidence is literally sky high with these clubs.

The X2Hot Pro hybrid is just beastly. I love the compact shape and the Tour Green is just so smooth and awesome. I hit an absolute bomb from hardpan today with ease. The 18* is almost too long to be honest with the BB 3 wood in the bag. I loved the X Hot hybrid but this thing is like awesome on steroids.

Amazing Hybrids!!!

Huge fan of this club. Long when I need it to be and controled when called to do so as well. Didn't like the stock shaft and put a s+ hybrid in and can't stop hitting it. The forged face just feels right.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

My son took ( well, I gave ) him my cell 3 hybrid as I couldn't hit it straight, so, having to play the next day, I took a gamble on the Xhot hybrid. The face is hot, and it feels great. Problem is, the standard shaft is so light I am hooking it badly. I really wanted to give it a workout yesterday while playing, and it probably cost me 6 strokes on the front 9. I pulled it out on 3 par 5's, and lost 3 balls left, right into the drink. Ended up with a 48 on the front. I didn't pull it out on the back except one par 5, and shot a 42. I ended up playing the par 5's at 9 over! I am going to see if I can get a heavier - ( 75-80g ) shaft off e-bay. I really believe that is the big issue. Maybe even something as simple as a prolaunch blue

I hit my new 3H as far as i hit my 3 wood! dilemma do I go 2h or 3 wood in the x2hot????

I hit my new 3H as far as i hit my 3 wood! dilemma do I go 2h or 3 wood in the x2hot????

Hybrid is going to be easier to hit.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Bid on one of these on the bay so we shall see what happens. Really want this in my bag before next week

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Hybrid is going to be easier to hit.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4
I had the i20 hybos before I bagged these I went 2h in them and it just didnt work so ended up getting a 3w, however I hit these hybrids so much better and further it might just have to be looked at.

X2hot pro 16* purchased/traded for. Going to put it up against my 5Deep when they arrive

X2hot pro 16* purchased/traded for. Going to put it up against my 5Deep when they arrive

Its super long. I was hitting it about 270. Ridiculous, messed up all my gaps lol

Back