Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

Got it on the course for the first time in a while today and War Eagle and I both really liked it. It took me almost 5 years to move on from my last hybrid, but this one quickly replaced it. I get more distance and more forgiveness and now it is really about finding which one will fit the gap I need it for. I will carry one, just not sure if it will be a 3 or 4 because I am hitting them longer than I did my previous hybrid.

Got it on the course for the first time in a while today and War Eagle and I both really liked it. It took me almost 5 years to move on from my last hybrid, but this one quickly replaced it. I get more distance and more forgiveness and now it is really about finding which one will fit the gap I need it for. I will carry one, just not sure if it will be a 3 or 4 because I am hitting them longer than I did my previous hybrid.

JB, is there a reason you continue to play the C.Kua shaft? I know you had the C.Kua in your altitudes. Do you like how it integrates your hybrid into irons or does the C.Kua simply preform better than any other hybrid shaft for you?

This hybrid was phenomenal. Having not been impressed with the x hot hybrid from last year, I didn't expect much from this. Then, I hit it.

Then, I was impressed. Played it a few times during my round, and really liked what I saw out of it. Much better design than last years with the redesigned face and just sets up perfectly. Stock shaft in it gave me a good launch, and it's definitely longer than most 3h that I have hit.

I would more than likely go to a 4h in this one to fill that gap that a 3h would typically fill.

JB, is there a reason you continue to play the C.Kua shaft? I know you had the C.Kua in your altitudes. Do you like how it integrates your hybrid into irons or does the C.Kua simply preform better than any other hybrid shaft for you?

It's by far my favorite hybrid shaft for my game. The one today actually had the standard shaft in it however.

This hybrid was phenomenal. Having not been impressed with the x hot hybrid from last year, I didn't expect much from this. Then, I hit it.

Then, I was impressed. Played it a few times during my round, and really liked what I saw out of it. Much better design than last years with the redesigned face and just sets up perfectly. Stock shaft in it gave me a good launch, and it's definitely longer than most 3h that I have hit.

I would more than likely go to a 4h in this one to fill that gap that a 3h would typically fill.

That is exactly what I had to do. These things are just super long.

Glad you guys saw what I saw in them. I am about 15 yards longer in carry over my previous 20° hybrid. This one is just so easy to hit and a great ball flight as well. Looking forward to the snow melting and actually getting it on the course.

Yeah, now I see why Gerrit recommended the heavier shaft. The shaft I was fitted for brought my carry down to 220ish to get me about 12 yards from my 4 iron carry. Much better than the 22 yard gap I had with the tour green shaft.

That's not to say the Tour Green wasn't a great shaft, it is - but the heavier shaft tones the distance down slightly while tightening my dispersion

This was money for me today! 18° giving me good control and good distance. Really thinking about going 16 and 20 to better fit the gaps at the rop of the bag

I had another range session with the 18* X2Hot Pro this afternoon. It's such a great club.

My swing was off. (Cold and really windy -- wasn't turning properly). But, I was still mashing the 3h with anything resembling a good swing. Either a straight ball or just a slight draw on moderate contact.

Poor or swings gave me poor results. I have a few low, knuckling toe hooks caused by a really bad swing. (Not turning shoulders and just lifting arms). But, in general, I was seeing really nice results throughout the range session.

I also found a spot just off the range where I could hit the 3h out of the rough. I had not tried it before, and I wanted to see the results. Nothing was very deep, but I certainly had some lies with grass between the club and the ball. Each time, the ball just rocketed out of the rough and got high very quickly. It was very nice to see.

This feedback is great guys. Mine get here in 2 days and I look forward to contributing to this thread.

Yeah, now I see why Gerrit recommended the heavier shaft. The shaft I was fitted for brought my carry down to 220ish to get me about 12 yards from my 4 iron carry. Much better than the 22 yard gap I had with the tour green shaft.

That's not to say the Tour Green wasn't a great shaft, it is - but the heavier shaft tones the distance down slightly while tightening my dispersion
Yeah dude, I would need to spend some more time with it besides what I saw from the time on the course. Some extended time on the range or dedicated time to a launch monitor would probably do the trick to get some hard numbers for me.

Yeah dude, I would need to spend some more time with it besides what I saw from the time on the course. Some extended time on the range or dedicated time to a launch monitor would probably do the trick to get some hard numbers for me.

Yeah that's what helped me. Callaway couldn't provide me with my fitted shaft so got one myself and after I saw the numbers with the tour green I knew I had to put the fitted shaft. Sure enough, that filled my gap better. Who knew the guy that fits Phil Mickelson for a living would know what he was talking about haha ;)

Yeah that's what helped me. Callaway couldn't provide me with my fitted shaft so got one myself and after I saw the numbers with the tour green I knew I had to put the fitted shaft. Sure enough, that filled my gap better. Who knew the guy that fits Phil Mickelson for a living would know what he was talking about haha ;)
Oh yeah! I forgot you guys had all that launch monitor time. I bet that helped a ton when trying to decide what to build up for your bag.

Oh yeah! I forgot you guys had all that launch monitor time. I bet that helped a ton when trying to decide what to build up for your bag.

Funny thing is I didn't get to try any different hybrid shafts on the launch monitor. He watched me hit the 18 degree x2hot pro hybrid with the tour green and said that I should go with the 20 degree Pro with the 92g d+ whiteboard hybrid shaft. He was spot on.

Funny thing is I didn't get to try any different hybrid shafts on the launch monitor. He watched me hit the 18 degree x2hot pro hybrid with the tour green and said that I should go with the 20 degree Pro with the 92g d+ whiteboard hybrid shaft. He was spot on.
That's pretty impressive there. Wonder if there would be any difference if you had spent some more time on the monitor, possibly trying other shafts or if it would have confirmed the same thing.

That's pretty impressive there. Wonder if there would be any difference if you had spent some more time on the monitor, possibly trying other shafts or if it would have confirmed the same thing.

Yeah definitely wouldn't have hurt. I also should note that I hit a slight fade with the tour green shaft and a slight draw with the Whiteboard. I wish the x2hot was adjustable so I could just interchange the shafts.

Definitely like the heavier shaft though as it helps me drop into the slot more. I believe the tour green plays to around 75g, and the 17g difference is quite noticeable to me.

Yeah definitely wouldn't have hurt. I also should note that I hit a slight fade with the tour green shaft and a slight draw with the Whiteboard. I wish the x2hot was adjustable so I could just interchange the shafts.

Definitely like the heavier shaft though as it helps me drop into the slot more. I believe the tour green plays to around 75g, and the 17g difference is quite noticeable to me.

How much time overall did u get for the fitting? How much was spent just on hybo?

How much time overall did u get for the fitting? How much was spent just on hybo?

Well we hit balls for probably 3 hours total. Probably 45 minutes working with Gerrit. Probably 10 minutes on driver, 15 minutes on irons, 10 minutes on fairway wood, 5 minutes on hybrid and 5 on wedges.

We did driver first, then irons, then filled the gap by fitting for a fairway then the hybrid

I spent about 15 minutes hitting both 3 & 4 hybrids on the range today and they're very easy to hit. Dead straight, high trajectory with the stock shaft that just carries forever. I'm guessing based on the eye test that I've gained 8-10 yards versus the X Hot. I feel confident these will hold the green and find fairways on short par 4s.

I spent about 15 minutes hitting both 3 & 4 hybrids on the range today and they're very easy to hit. Dead straight, high trajectory with the stock shaft that just carries forever. I'm guessing based on the eye test that I've gained 8-10 yards versus the X Hot. I feel confident these will hold the green and find fairways on short par 4s.

Nice. I really really like this line and I have been critical of their previous hybrid lines.

I bought an 18° to replace my 913 17° hybo. I figured 1 degree would not make much difference and would fit right in the gap I used the titleist hybo... boy was I wrong. This 18° easily out flies my intended gap by 15yds and gets damn near my 913ft 3w distance. With the ease to get it up abd hitting consistent, I now gave 16, 18, 20 in the pro and 22 non pro. I am deciding if I will carry all hybrids or woods or some combination of both... may require dropping a 60° wedge

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I bought an 18° to replace my 913 17° hybo. I figured 1 degree would not make much difference and would fit right in the gap I used the titleist hybo... boy was I wrong. This 18° easily out flies my intended gap by 15yds and gets damn near my 913ft 3w distance. With the ease to get it up abd hitting consistent, I now gave 16, 18, 20 in the pro and 22 non pro. I am deciding if I will carry all hybrids or woods or some combination of both... may require dropping a 60° wedge

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I said it the other day, and will repeat it here, if I were to game an X2Hot hybo, I would definitely go with a 4h or 5h to fill that 3h distance gap. This thing is long.

Had my first experience with this today when I hit ATL's...... Yea, I think this should be illegal. Was only about 5 yards behind my SLDR 3 wood.

Will have to look into one of these in the future

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I have 3 rounds in with the 18* X2Hot Pro hybrid. I loved the X Hot Pro hybrids, but these just blow them away. They are easier to hit and at least 10 yards longer. Plus, the Tour Green shaft is WAAAY better than the Project X IMO. I am hitting it about 225-230 carry, which is only about 10-15 yards shorter than my 3Deep off the deck (when I make good contact). I have hit a couple of shots off the tee with the 18* that went 250 including roll. I had a tendency to hook the X Hot Pro hybrids, but not these. They are straight, but I can fade or draw on demand.

I picked up the X2Hot Pro 23* today. I hit my brother's 23* on the course a couple of times last week and it carried about 210 to 215. I was going to get an Apex 4-iron, but these hybrids are so much more versatile.

Had my first experience with this today when I hit ATL's...... Yea, I think this should be illegal. Was only about 5 yards behind my SLDR 3 wood.

Will have to look into one of these in the future

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

It was pretty cool to see. That hybrid is really nice. Easy to hit and long.

Back