The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Yes sir. I think all that Durant for MVP talk bugged him a bit...hehe.

Bunch of idiot media members haha. Don't get me wrong, Durant is a great player but calling Durant the best player in the league was ridiculous. LeBron has accomplished so much more than Durant has in this league. It wouldn't surprise me if Durant still gets the MVP but LeBron has reminded everyone the last month who the best player in the league is.

Bunch of idiot media members haha. Don't get me wrong, Durant is a great player but calling Durant the best player in the league was ridiculous. LeBron has accomplished so much more than Durant has in this league. It wouldn't surprise me if Durant still gets the MVP but LeBron has reminded everyone the last month who the best player in the league is.

This is where it does get interesting however. Before LeBron was winning fans yelled he was the best despite that and it's not his fault. Now he went and found a team loaded with talent and started winning and now he is the best because of that.

I think they are both great.

LBJ is flat out disgusting...

61 points, 7 board and 5 assists.

67% FG - 80% from 3 ball range

I remember a guy named Lebron

He is now dead to me

But his performance last night was just downright impressive

Best player in the league, should win MVP every year for the next 20

He is now dead to me

Who is this backstabbing weasel you speak of? Name doesn't ring a bell

He is now dead to me

He'll be back.... When he's 45 like the Cavs did with Shaq

He is now dead to me

Durant is certainly looking to make a run this year, but Lebron should be the odds on favorite for years to come!

i2Q4NIDgeUAsy.gif

He is now dead to me

I feel LeBron may start getting the Jordan treatment when it comes to MVP voting. I think the only way LeBron doesn't win every MVP for the foreseeable future is because the voters don't want to keep giving it to him. Jordan should of won way more than 5 MVP's but they gave some token ones to Barkley and Malone.

I feel LeBron may start getting the Jordan treatment when it comes to MVP voting. I think the only way LeBron doesn't win every MVP for the foreseeable future is because the voters don't want to keep giving it to him. Jordan should of won way more than 5 MVP's but they gave some token ones to Barkley and Malone.

I don't mind seeing other players win the MVP award...If they have outrageous seasons then they deserve to win or at least be in the conversation. Now don't get me wrong I think LeBron is by far and away the best player in the league, but you can't argue with the numbers Durant is putting up this season either

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A great GIF from LA!
DelectableUnhappyAsiaticgreaterfreshwaterclam.gif

FWIW, Barkley absolutely deserved that MVP.

FWIW, Barkley absolutely deserved that MVP.

They both had great years, I just thought Jordan was the MVP every full season he played in the 90's. No doubt Jordan used that as motivation in the Finals that year against Barkley when he averaged a ridiculous 41 ppg.

They both had great years, I just thought Jordan was the MVP every full season he played in the 90's. No doubt Jordan used that as motivation in the Finals that year against Barkley when he averaged a ridiculous 41 ppg.

He played great basketball, but its amazing to me how people view it. Barkley took over the entire game and played on a mission. He was the most dominant player in the game that year and I am going off memory, but something like 26 points, 12 boards, 5 assists and did it shooting over 50 percent. Jordan scored more points, but had a weaker FG percentage and no higher in any category (again off of memory, so this could be incorrect).

Then add in that Phoenix had a better record and during the regular season was the best team in the league.

Pretty cool night as a Cavs fan for me. Big Z was my favorite player his entire time here and it's great to see his number going up tonight. Congrats Z!

Pretty cool night as a Cavs fan for me. Big Z was my favorite player his entire time here and it's great to see his number going up tonight. Congrats Z!

Wish I would have got tix for this game. Would have been an epic night. Big Z!!!

Wish I would have got tix for this game. Would have been an epic night. Big Z!!!

Ya prices got out of hand when tonight's guest list was released. But I like the seat in my family room the best

See even Sir Charles finds some of these NBA games boring!!!
charles-barkley-falling-asleep-gif.gif

Lebron just threw up 25 points against the Cavs in the first quarter

This is a little old since it happened during the Z ceremony, but it is still really awesome! Hopefully this is incorporated in more arenas across the league.

And one from Miami

On the lines with the Big Z retirement... I wanted to post this clip. Him being my all time favorite athlete, this brought more than tears to my eyes. I shed tears EVERY single time I watch this.

http://youtu.be/Ep5t-33kuWI

Last edited:
On the lines with the Big Z retirement... I wanted to post this clip. Him being my all time favorite athlete, this brought more than tears to my eyes. I shed tears EVERY single time I watch this.

http://youtu.be/Ep5t-33kuWI

I get that way with Houston's pre-game video. It gives me goosebumps just seeing the grit and determination of some of the Rockets' greats. This one is a few years old, but the current one is the same video with a few clips added from the recent years. Their championship years were my first real vivid sports memory as I was 5 when they won their first one.

Watching heat and pacers game.

It's like watching wrestling, every time there is contact someone ends up on the floor. And when a foul is called they are always slow to get up

And lance Stephenson gets tossed for mouthing something to precious dwade

Lol at Stephenson. What an idiot.

Back