If you don't wear a watch....

If I happen to have my iPhone in my hand, I use that.
Otherwise I pull out my 250 pound Aztec sundial.

I wore a watch all the time starting as a young kid, all the way through college and now I couldn't tell you the last time I had it on. The ironic thing is the two watches I have are powered by light and movement but I keep them in a drawer so they never work when I want to wear them anyway.

Like just about everyone has said, in this day and age, there are clocks everywhere. And, some people just don't like to watches, rings, chains, etc.

I go with the Flavor Flav, but I think it's really affecting my golf swing.....
flavaflav.jpg

Phone.

Phone, computers, clocks everywhere. It really isn't an issue, and if I don't have those handy I've got my wife to fall back on.
Haven't worn a watch for 25 years. Or any jewelry, with the exception of a wedding ring. Worked with power equipment for some years, and the last thing I needed was bits of metal on my arm while I was fishing around in a rectifier or something.

I'm retired and I'm lucky if I know what month it is!

this is the best!
as for watches, it's simply uncomfortable. and as many have said, depending on the work/activity one is practicing, a watch can get in the way...
in the end, does anybody really know what time it is?

I think most of my sentiments about not wearing a watch have been covered. I didn't wear mine for years when I was a mechanic in the power industry. Now I'm management for several years, and I've gone back to wearing one daily for the past year. As others have posted, there are so many means of knowing the time around us, it just isn't needed as much. I used to mainly wear one when I was dressing up for an event. But the basic reason I wear one now is I missed it. I like watches and I enjoy wearing mine. Just a personal choice. I do take it off when I'm golfing, or when I have to go out in the plant and I'm going to be around rotating machinery or open equipment.

I am a watch lover, so I'm almost always wearing a watch. Just had to comment however ...
Or get home when your wife says dinner will be ready?
I'm the cook of the house, so dinner is ready when I say it's ready.

asloankelly said:
does anybody really know what time it is?

Does anybody really care? If so, I can't imagine why ...

this is the best!
as for watches, it's simply uncomfortable. and as many have said, depending on the work/activity one is practicing, a watch can get in the way...
in the end, does anybody really know what time it is?

25 or 6 to 4?

I wear a watch, I have quite a few. They are more accessories for my clothes than a timepiece. However, they all work and serve as a good reference point. But I do use my phone, and any other gadget that displays the time.

It is easier for me to pull my phone out of my pocket and check the time than it is for me to wear a watch...I just really dislike having one on my wrist.

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Love Chicago ... the old stuff, not the newer stuff.

Well done, all! Can't help but think of Chicago when I hear anything about knowing what time it is...

There is a really cool invention called a cell phone lol.

I find a watch far less intrusive on my life than I do a cell phone. Living or dying by being connected is one addiction I hope to never be saddled with.

I'm retired and I'm lucky if I know what month it is!

I've been retired for 7 years, and living on a tropical island for the last 2, yet I still have timely obligations that I have to meet. Getting together with friends for a meal or drinks; meeting a friend to go fishing; getting to the bank before they close at 3 PM after spending most of the day at the beach. Lots of reasons to still know the time of day and day of the week.

I usually have a cell phone with me when I leave the house (we can't even get a cell signal here at home), but it's powered off and I only turn it only if I'm actually expecting a call from someone, or if I have to make a call.

Back