If you don't wear a watch....

Fourputt

Head Rules Official
Reaction score
Handicap
How do you make it to your tee time on time? Or get to work on time? Or get home when your wife says dinner will be ready?

And to those for whom a watch is too much hassle, is it really easier to dig your phone out of your pocket and turn in on instead of just glancing at your wrist? Really?

How do you make it to your tee time on time? Or get to work on time? Or get home when your wife says dinner will be ready?

And to those for whom a watch is too much hassle, is it really easier to dig your phone out of your pocket and turn in on instead of just glancing at your wrist? Really?

A toddler wakes me up long before I have to get ready for work. I do the cooking. My biological clock mystically/magically reminds me of my tee times...

(but seriously, I wear a watch most of the time, and use my cell phone, car stereo, computer clock, microwave clock, etc when I'm not wearing the aforementioned watch)

Umm....

Alarm clocks
Clocks on microwave and oven
Clocks in cars

Many many options besides a wrist watch or phone.

Pocket watch.

Generally speaking, I operate my life near or around clocks. Computers, cable box, phone....

It's very uncommon for me to need a phone to have a goo sense of the time, although I do enjoy wearing a watch when I travel for some reason.

It's really not that hard to pull out my phone from my pocket and see what time it is, really :).

I have a computer in front of me at work, if I'm off from work, I'm not as concerned with the time.

I wore a watch for years, but stopped once I started carrying a cell phone. I guess it took a little while to stop looking at my wrist when I needed the time, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I just started wearing one again a couple of years ago when I got my gps watch.

There are clocks everywhere Rick. I use my phone a lot for the time, but it is on your stove, your microwave, your DVR, your alarm clock, on your car dashboard.

There are a lot of different ways to find the time other than a watch. For me, it's usually my phone. It charges next to my bed, alarm goes off, I hit the snooze a few times and get up. After this, I have a clock in my bathroom, on the microwave, stove, and near the kitchen wall. It's not to hard for me to find the time, when I need to.
Don't get me wrong, I like a few of my watches, but I don't wear them very often.

Position of the sun in the sky.

Really, I use my phone

sent without the boss's knowledge...

If you don't wear a watch....

I have a few watches, and never seem to wear them anymore. Seems to me, as others have said, that there are clocks everywhere.

And whenever I'm not sitting at my computer at my desk, it seems as though my phone is in my hand (like now).

Yup, just use my phone. Don't have a watch and still arrive at appointments on time (if not early), and am never late.

It is my alarm clock, and no I don't find it to be a hassle.

At work I rarely look at my phone, as there is a clock on the desk phone, and on the computer desktop.

I would feel like I wasn't finished dressing if I didn't have my watch on. I have several that I like to wear and switch them out daily.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Have never worn a watch, or really any piece of "jewelry". I am still getting used to my wedding ring!

Computer, phone, car, microwave, DVR (used to be VCR, but been awhile for that), alarm clock etc. keep me on time, as well as waking up between an hour and 5 minutes before my alarm 95% of the days.

I used to always wear a watch. Then about 15 years ago I got a merchandising job. When you spend most of the day reaching and pulling products on tightly packed shelves it got in the way. The first time you catch your watch on a glass bottle, knock a few to the floor, then have to spend the next 20 minutes cleaning up a mess, is the last time you wear a watch. I've always had a pager or phone so a watch isn't really necessary. I don't do that anymore, but I don't miss the watch at all.

Clocks are everywhere. Phone, car, stove, TV, computer, even the bank driving down the road. And if you get desperate, there is the old standby of politely asking someone what time it is.

I have not worn a watch since the early 80's I'd guess. I've never missed a tee time, never been late to work (I get up at 4:30 am) and I've never set an alarm clock......at least not in the past 30 years. And.......I'm never late for dinner......

I never wear a watch and am always early or on time. One of the reasons I'm marrying my fiancé is that she is as respectful of time as I am. Its not that a watch is a hassle, I just don't like things on my wrists. Between phones and the computer I sit in front of all day time is not something that eludes me.

It basically boils down to the fact that I despise the feeling of something around my wrist for some reason. Unless you live in the middle of a field and use lanterns to light your home, not using a watch is very much a non-issue in todays day and age.

You don't happen to be a seller of watches and watch accessories do you?

There is a really cool invention called a cell phone lol.

Wore a watch forever till the battery died about a year ago. Too cheap to get a new one, so I stopped wearing a watch cold turkey. Had no trouble keeping time. Clocks on phone, microwave, radio, computer, I pad, in car, on tv, oven, and on the wall at work.
Hardest part for me was keeping up with what day of the month it was. I write the date several times a day it seems, and was just used to looking at my watch for that.

Position of the sun in the sky.

I use my Cherokee heritage, that's why I'm always late at night & when it's overcast.

I actually use my watch, like a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iPhone all the way!

Back