Is there a brand.....

Nope. There are brands I'll trend towards when looking for a specific club based on past experiences (eg: Cleveland wedges), but would never exclude something based on brand.

I respect your opinion....but i think not putting your money behind someone you don't like is a fairly solid moral stance. Same as if u didn't shop at a store bc u don't agree with something they've done.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Well if that store had the best stuff around id suck it up and shop there. Haha in all seriousness I get the reasoning but when it comes to clubs why rule out a brand that could potentially allow you to play much better just because of one guy. Its not like you're supporting strictly Tiger Woods by buying nike lol now if you recently tried them and just couldn't hit them or didn't like them then hey thats understandable. Just my .02

Ill try anything if it might be good for my game, no bias

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

i will play anything i can get my hands on at a cheap price that fits my eye. i havent met a club i didnt like .. i mean ive never sold a club just because i didnt hit it well.

I've used a club of some sort from every major company except for Adams as far as I can remember. Now that doesn't mean I wouldn't buy from Adams because I would be open to it at any point. Currently I have zero interest in what Nike puts out so I don't look at or consider buying from them as far as clubs go. I did have a hybrid from Nike about 7 years ago that I hit pretty well but it got replaced and I never looked back.

I have been on staff with almost all of the major OEM's, Titleist, TM, Bridgestone, Mizuno, Nike, Adams, and Callaway. There is no brand that I won't try, but I have never had success with a Ping club, I still test them all but can't find one that suits me.

I gamed RAM...

I'll play them all.

I am all about trying a variety of OEM brands. However one that I would be hard pressed to pick up is anything Nike.

Swore I would Never own a scotty.....I own one, First time i ever hit a Pro V1x I said never again...It feels like a rock.....Only ball i will play.
I'm too strong to own a hybrid...I own one,....I have finally learned never to say never...

Any brand, any time, as long as it works for my game.

Let's narrow this down to major OEMs. I'm sorry, but I probably won't play some knock offs, clones, etc. by choice.

Are there major OEMs in the US market that I won't play? No.

Are there ones that I'm not really drawn to? Yes.

Are there ones that I'll put part of their line in my bag, but not another part? Yes, but that's not due to performance bias. It's due to other factors like resale.

I have serious disdain for Taylor-Made, but to say I wouldn't play them might be an overstatement. I wouldn't pay top or bottom dollar for anything they put out, I'll say that.

Mizuno is about it

I'm not a fan of taylormade stuff. Don't like all the hype around them. Kinda like titleist with the pro v1.

Although I play Vokeys, I have never been quite find of Titleist. It is synonymous with golf in many ways, but it also reminds me of the "uppity" side of golf. I think that is a major issue with new golfers and anything that slows down the growth of the game really bothers me.

The purchase would definitely be Ping's to lose, but my second choice would probably be Titleist. I would not consider Nike for sure, nor any of the lesser known companies.

Last edited:
I've never liked the irons produced by Ping or Callaway. I've tried various Ping irons in the past and never got on with them. Callaway has never had an iron out when I've been looking at buying clubs that I've even been remotely interested trying at the time. Nothing against the companies themselves, it's just their products don't suit my eye. I won't wear anything by Nike or Adidas (apart from shoes). Again, nothing against the companies, just don't like the fit of their gear.

Taylormade. I cant stand the entire company because every year they act like theyve completely changed golf forever and because some of the claims they make in regard to distance gains are a joke.

I can honestly say there isnt. Regardless of personal opinions on certain aspects of the major oem's there isnt one I wouldnt play if it fit my game.
I love the fact that there are many options available to me. I will say there are certain lines in a brand that I wont play, but that just has to do with apperance and performance for my game. If I completly boycotted a brand I might miss out on something that fits me.

TMAG has always rubbed me the wrong way... but have played their woods in the past and would again if it worked - before THP, I probably would not have gone back. Honestly though, I don't think I have EVER hit a Nike club, ever! I wouldn't say I dislike Nike as I have no problem with there clothes and shoes, but for some reason I have never hit a ball with their clubs. Maybe I am missing out and will give them a go this weekend.

Taylormade. I cant stand the entire company because every year they act like theyve completely changed golf forever and because some of the claims they make in regard to distance gains are a joke.

I have to say, this is the major OEM that I am least drawn to. The reasons you site are exactly why.

Pre THP, yes.
Post THP, no.
I agree, this is the perfect answer. Before THP I too would have never looked at Nike, now I have played a few of their offerings.

I refuse to ever play TaylorMade. How can you have confidence you're making a good investment in a club when you know they're going to release a "newer/better" club in less than a year's time?

Back