2010 Driver Shoot Out Results

The magazine will have far more detailed information and we will be reviewing almost all of the drivers that were in the shoot out starting in about 10 days.

nice! can't wait. i'm debating. our new fit cart should be here soon with all the heads and shafts. i am anxious.

JB, any impressions on the Burner Superfast? I've read its supposed to be a high spin driver too, so I'm guessing thats why the DST was more up your street.

JB, any impressions on the Burner Superfast? I've read its supposed to be a high spin driver too, so I'm guessing thats why the DST was more up your street.

It is a medium to high spin driver, but I did like it due to the larger club face. I just felt there were a few better options for my game out there than this one.

JB. would you say the FT-Tour is strictly for high swing speed players?

JB. would you say the FT-Tour is strictly for high swing speed players?

Not necessarily. It is being touted as a "players" driver due to conventional shape and workability, but some of our higher handicap testers liked it quite a bit.

I couldnt resist so I ordered a Diablo Edge driver. Should arrive on the 11th. Unless the pending snow storm coming tonight messes with arrival time. I feel good about having 3 awesome drivers to pick from!

JB, Thanks for the response. I have a chance to get one with an X-Con5 shaft, I like the conventional look but I was concerned it wouldn't fit my 92-95MPH swing speed. I am a 10 handicap and drive the ball pretty well (just not far enough, ha,ha).

Don

JB- How was the Adams Speedline 9032LS driver for you? How was the spin and trajectory for you?

JB- How was the Adams Speedline 9032LS driver for you? How was the spin and trajectory for you?

Spin seemed to be in the range I like and the trajectory was mid with a penetrating flight that I like. I like this driver A LOT.

Did you seem to hit this driver any farther than others? Does it live up to the hype that Adams gives it that you will get extra yardage?

I have not been measured with them, but it was long for quite a few. Especially the mid and high handicappers.

Thank you for your input as always JB

I couldnt resist so I ordered a Diablo Edge driver. Should arrive on the 11th. Unless the pending snow storm coming tonight messes with arrival time. I feel good about having 3 awesome drivers to pick from!

You old Driver Ho :D

Cleveland DST - There are a whole bunch of light drivers in this years crop, but this is the one to me that "gets it right". Perfect balance so that you almost do not even realize it is much lighter (you still do, but not as bad as the others) and you still get that great feel. Good look, great feel, and incredible distance.

Did you try the DST tour as well? If so, what was the difference in performance?

Yes the DST Tour was also included in the shoot out. You can see all the participants on the home page. I liked the Tour quite a bit. But I felt that the regular version is a little more forgiving for my game.

R9, R9460, Super tri

R9, R9460, Super tri

Has anyone out there tried all three? Does the Super Tri feel any better than the 460?

Would be interested in anyone's experiences?

Also the Callaway FTiZ - any thoughts?

Has anyone out there tried all three? Does the Super Tri feel any better than the 460?

Would be interested in anyone's experiences?

Also the Callaway FTiZ - any thoughts?

The SuperTri is not supposed to be a better driver than the others. It is supposed to be a different driver. It combines the two in some ways, but is higher in spin so it may not be what some are looking for.

Back