Weekend of March 8 - 9

Will be working in the morning, but with the perfect weather coming this weekend, I will be heading out for an afternoon round, and likely another on Sunday. Not sure where yet.

A weekend full of Formula SAE work, lab reports and me closely checking the weather for next weekend when spring break starts for me.

No golf rounds for me this weekend. Since I'm playing Hilton Head next weekend, I traded off to make this weekend a family weekend. I will probably hit the range on Sunday afternoon for some practice.

Golf tomorrow....that's the only definitive plan.

First round of 2014 !
Saturday, 10:30am Quail Ridge GC.
Clarkston, Washington.

Have a tee time for Sunday morning at 8:30. Just purchased some Taylormade Project (a) balls to try out.

So tomorrow is the day. Several THP'rs in this, BigTazz, RCGreen7, Dance_Business, Guitar Junkie and me. There are about twenty guys, 2 teams. Draw Shanks against the Slice Hooks. My partner in the Morning 4 Ball is Dance_Business. Big Tazz and RC Green also team in the morning. Was thinking about a live round thread, but may just do a summary.

Really looking forward to it. Hope you all keep it in the short grass this weekend.

JM

So tomorrow is the day. Several THP'rs in this, BigTazz, RCGreen7, Dance_Business, Guitar Junkie and me. There are about twenty guys, 2 teams. Draw Shanks against the Slice Hooks. My partner in the Morning 4 Ball is Dance_Business. Big Tazz and RC Green also team in the morning. Was thinking about a live round thread, but may just do a summary.

Really looking forward to it. Hope you all keep it in the short grass this weekend.

JM

Play well and kick A Johnny and Dance!

Saturday, I have my first ever driver fitting then follow that up with my first ever round with a THP'er with the soon-to-be legendary KC720. Shall be an epic weekend.

No golf this weekend. With all of the warm weather and a couple of storms, you can almost hear the grass/weeds growing. I'll be spending the weekend swinging a weedeater out back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Just a little update: This was so much fun! Oh my gosh I had so much fun it was awesome! I LOVE match play. The first round of 18 had me and Dance_Business teamed up in Four Ball. By number 18 we won it one up with Benji dropping a slick 15 footer for birdie. He was making bombs for half points or to take the hole all morning. Great job and great fun.

After a quick stop for lunch and musical carts, we were off for afternoon singles. I went one down on number one and it was back and forth the rest of the day with me going as many as three down. In the end I lost one down, but took him to eighteen and learned a lot about keeping my head and clawing back from a deficit.

I played some really good golf too. In 36 holes I only had two or three 3 putts. There were some blowup holes to be sure, but when it isn't stroke play, it's so much easier to forget about it and move on to the next opportunity to draw some blood. I cannot wait to do this some more. It will be part of my weekend games now for the rest of the year.

What a great time this was.

JM

You played well bro, didn't have the easiest of draws but you got down and then grinded. I was proud of ya. Next time will be different!

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Back