Ocean City -- 2014 Invitational #4 extra Rounds and Misc discussions

Is anyone down for 36 on Friday or am I just overly ambitious because of this winter? I was thinking lighthouse in the morning and Rum in the afternoon to get a look at the course.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few of the NY guys have discussed playing 36 on Friday. We have a hotel booked for a Thursday night arrival, so I think it could work.

Definitely dragging Buckbug down Thursday night for 36. Definitely like the idea of splitting the 36 between Lighthouse and Rum Pointe.

I am pondering getting a room for Friday night at the place you guys are staying.

i am arriving on Thursday and plan on playing rum pointe for 18 holes in the morning, hopefully getting a tee time around 8 am

Im trying the same. Waiting to see what the wife wants to do for the day before setting tee time.

Definitely dragging Buckbug down Thursday night for 36. Definitely like the idea of splitting the 36 between Lighthouse and Rum Pointe.
And when he says"drag" he means it!

I vote yes..:)

Yeah looks like a cool place and the cost really wasn't that bad. I haven't ever really been to OC which is funny because of how close I live. Also dragging the wife with me.

Gonna make it happen a little later today

I am pondering getting a room for Friday night at the place you guys are staying.
One of our 4 is MPLefty...who is unsure if he'll be able to make the event due to work concerns. I'm not giving away his spot, simply mentioning that we may have an extra bed open up as the event gets closer.

Yeah looks like a cool place and the cost really wasn't that bad. I haven't ever really been to OC which is funny because of how close I live. Also dragging the wife with me.

Gonna make it happen a little later today
Good job!

For those wondering, I went from OC Golf Club, which is directly across the street from Rum Point, to 8th Steet in about 20 minutes today. Made it all the way to 125th from OC Golf Club in under 30. I know it's off season, but as long as you miss the bridge being up it's pretty much clear sailing going out of town down that way.

For those wondering, I went from OC Golf Club, which is directly across the street from Rum Point, to 8th Steet in about 20 minutes today. Made it all the way to 125th from OC Golf Club in under 30. I know it's off season, but as long as you miss the bridge being up it's pretty much clear sailing going out of town down that way.

Great scouting!

One of our 4 is MPLefty...who is unsure if he'll be able to make the event due to work concerns. I'm not giving away his spot, simply mentioning that we may have an extra bed open up as the event gets closer.
No problem Pete.........you are a gentleman and either way we'll make it work.

Thanks Pete keep me in mind but my idea is to bring the wife with me and get a room. Let me know if you need help filling a room and we can work something out, I am sure the wife will understand haha

I think Myself, tpluff, and golfnff would be in town and ready to golf mid morning friday, and an early round Sunday.

I am looking at the same schedule
I think Myself, tpluff, and golfnff would be in town and ready to golf mid morning friday, and an early round Sunday.

Can't do the extra Friday rounds but will do another round early Sunday.

Having never been to a THP invitational, what can I expect schedule-wise? I'll be making the drive from DC and am wondering about traffic and lodging, as well as how early I'll need to be out to Rum Pointe.

Thanks!

Can't do the extra Friday rounds but will do another round early Sunday.
You're in for Sunday, no doubt. Mike too if he's available.

If you are leaving DC after 2 on Friday, expect it to take 4-6 hours. The Bay Bridge will be the main bottle neck. the last weekend in June is the beginning of full family season, and a lot of them travel across the bridge between 2-8.

Of course, if you are coming down to play a round on Friday, you will be ahead of this traffic. If you are not playing, and working a full day, leaving a little later will put you in OC a few beers later than the rest of the crew, but may mean worlds to your peace of mind. Sometimes you can get lucky on Fridays, and an EZPass always helps...

Having never been to a THP invitational, what can I expect schedule-wise? I'll be making the drive from DC and am wondering about traffic and lodging, as well as how early I'll need to be out to Rum Pointe.

Thanks!

Usually I recommend getting to the range a good hour before the tee times begin. This will give you a chance to check in with GolferGal and pick up the SWAG that we have for everybody. Also a chance to meet your partner and other THPers and warming up.

As for the rest of the schedule, at many there is a meet and greet on Friday evening at a place nearby. Not sure on this one as of yet. Saturday after the round a dinner will be done for everybody that wants to be a part of it. At that point trophies will be handed out, everybody will gather around to share the memories and have some fun.

The meet and greet the evening before and the dinner Saturday night are a huge part of the THP event experience IMO. It's difficult to interact with and to get to know up to 40 THPers on the range prior to the round. I know it's sometimes difficult with schedules, but very worth it if you can plan your travels to enable making at least one or both.

The warm up time is one of the best parts of the THP events. Meeting others for the first time - putting faces to THP handles is always fun.
Usually I recommend getting to the range a good hour before the tee times begin. This will give you a chance to check in with GolferGal and pick up the SWAG that we have for everybody. Also a chance to meet your partner and other THPers and warming up.

As for the rest of the schedule, at many there is a meet and greet on Friday evening at a place nearby. Not sure on this one as of yet. Saturday after the round a dinner will be done for everybody that wants to be a part of it. At that point trophies will be handed out, everybody will gather around to share the memories and have some fun.

Very much appreciate the info. on this thread. I, too, am a THP Invitational rookie and am looking forward to this event.
Just made lodgings at the Lankford. My wife and I are making this part of our summer vaca so we are coming in on Wednesday and are staying through
Monday. Would like to join the party of golfers on Friday. Count me in for at least 18. My wife may join in if that's good by others. Having done the OBX for several years, I know how bad bridge traffic can be. That's part of my reason for arriving early and leaving a day later. Winter here in Cincinnati has been a bear and am looking forward to getting to the links soon.
Thanks for all the valuable info contained herein.
Creegs

Great - your wife is more than welcome on the Friday/sunday rounds. Looking forward to meeting you!
Very much appreciate the info. on this thread. I, too, am a THP Invitational rookie and am looking forward to this event.
Just made lodgings at the Lankford. My wife and I are making this part of our summer vaca so we are coming in on Wednesday and are staying through
Monday. Would like to join the party of golfers on Friday. Count me in for at least 18. My wife may join in if that's good by others. Having done the OBX for several years, I know how bad bridge traffic can be. That's part of my reason for arriving early and leaving a day later. Winter here in Cincinnati has been a bear and am looking forward to getting to the links soon.
Thanks for all the valuable info contained herein.
Creegs

Awesome. Looking forward to putting faces with names.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995S using Tapatalk

Back