Callaway X Hot Golf Shoes

Haggis

Reaction score
Handicap
I searched and didn't see a thread on these. I was curious if anybody has tried these, how they fit size-wise, comfort, etc. and general thoughts. Thanks.

$T2eC16FHJGgFFme5(Y-BBSYufuj1lQ~~60_57.JPG

Didn't know these were out there. Hopefully they have some other Colors come out.

Not my style, can't put my finger on it but definitely not

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My initial reaction is that Callaway either needs to poach a footwear designer from a major player (e.g. Nike, Under Armour, Adidas) or get out of the shoe game all together. Those are flat out ugly.

They do not make their shoes, but have a licensing deal. FWIW, this is just one type in a rather large line. The Tour Series and others are quite good and traditional looking.

If you read through the Grandaddy Recap thread, there are quite a few that loved the shoes they wore (different line) as well as many that have raved about the Del Mar line being the most comfortable out there.

Other than the Del Mar series, which I think is a very nice looking shoe, I've never really seen anything in the Callaway line of footwear that appeals to me. Callaway does a nice job on their apparel side of the business and I think it's honestly a bit underrated within the industry. In fact I'd love to see them put some more marketing efforts behind their apparel and extend it with some added offerings because I think it is that good. The shoe line, though, is the one area where I think they could improve upon, but that's just my two cents.

Once again, the apparel is not done by Callaway but something licensed to another company. Here are a couple traditional shoes

TourStaffreverse.jpg

MasterStaffreverse.jpg

MasterStaffbroguereverse.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-04-05-at-4.20.19-PM.png

20130624_205515_zps58d8bb4f.jpg

Regardless whether it's licensed to another company to manufacture and distribute they still have at least some degree of input into the designs that will carry their brand. All I'm saying is that is that I think the shoe line could get a little more attention from a design perspective. I don't think all of their shoes are atrocious, but some of them are a little dated IMO. Bottom line - I'm a Callaway fan and I think their apparel is very nice yet underrated. I'd love to see them work with their licensing partner(s) to make more waves in that segment of the industry.

All I will say is many licensing deals are not done like the above.
Callaway Golf will not be releasing their "own" line of this type of soft goods in quite some time. Strictly my opinion here and not something I am relaying from their words.
They are not done by the same people, marketed by the same people or anything really by the same people.
In fact their websites are not even connected.

Im not trying to changes one mind about the looks or lines, merely giving out information so people better understand the products and who makes them.

So who is responsible for the shoes? A good shoe company that just sticks the Callaway brand on it or some guy in Taiwan?

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

I actually like the look of these. And they are spikeless which adds to comfort.

I've gotta say, I'm a big fan of these simple but good looking designs,. Typically not a fan of white shoes as they just get way too dirty too easily for me, but I may have to look into these.

Those last two white ones look great.

I searched and didn't see a thread on these. I was curious if anybody has tried these, how they fit size-wise, comfort, etc. and general thoughts. Thanks.

$T2eC16FHJGgFFme5(Y-BBSYufuj1lQ~~60_57.JPG

Sorry, those are absolutely awful looking.

I'm not quite sure where I land on these. I like that they are a little non-traditional, but I'm not sure I'm digging that color of brown. I'd only wear these with pants.

I would have to agree they aren't the best looking shoe out there.

They do make them in other colors fellas. I don't care a whole lot if you think they're ugly because one man's trash is another's treasure. I was just curious if anybody had tried them out and whether they were comfortable and stuff like that. Here are the other two colors:

$(KGrHqMOKpIFJd!toh7IBSYun34vVw~~60_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

I think the particular brown / white combo is a bad mix for this design, which isn't that bad. If we replace the brown with something like a silver I think the shoe would look much more appealing. I'd say the exact same thing about the white shoe with red and blue accents, they just seem too contrasting. Make it grey/silver on white or grey/black on white and I think the design comes together nicely. I would easily wear the all white shoes.

Last edited:
First I have heard of these, interesting that they would start an X-Hot line.

General thoughts: I've yet to see a Callaway shoe that really does anything for me visually. The same goes for Footjoy with me as well. I know they both make a great shoe, just not my thing.

I don't care a whole lot if you think they're ugly because one man's trash is another's treasure. I

Absolutely. To each his own. You'd probably think my Pumas are hideous :D

Absolutely. To each his own. You'd probably think my Pumas are hideous :D

No way man. There have been a number of Puma shoes that I just loved the style. My feet just don't fit them very well or I'd have a pair or two.

I tried a pair of these on, and found them pretty comfortable for a couple of minutes I walked around in them. I'm not really in the market for a pair of spikeless shoes, so I didn't really give them a whole lot of attention. Found the Chev Aeros to be pretty nice, and a decent price, and the X-Nitro are much nicer to look at, IMO.

Callaway Footwear aren't really the prettiest, on average. But I've found them to fit my foot pretty well, and that trumps things in the looks department when it comes to shoes. No one's happy when their dogs are barking.

Though I'm not a huge fan of this X Hot shoes, just about every one of the others that IBM posted I was. Shoes and clothing in general are so personal and subjective in taste. If this wasn't the case, we'd all be wearing the same things all the time, right? For me, fit and feel trump looks, but just barely.

From the mini-computer!

I like the looks of these. Cally has some great looking shoes. I have never worn a pair of theirs and that might need to change this year.

Back