Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy, I noticed during the simulator round you choke down on your driver which I do too. I am going to be cutting the shaft to 45" next weekend but was wondering why you choke down rather than just cut it? I forgot to ask you yesterday.

Jimmy, I noticed during the simulator round you choke down on your driver which I do too. I am going to be cutting the shaft to 45" next weekend but was wondering why you choke down rather than just cut it? I forgot to ask you yesterday.

Honestly Matt I'm not 100% sure lol. Choking up is something I've always done, even going back to my days playing baseball. I've always choked up at least a tiny bit no matter what the club is. Even my irons I have a tendency to choke up a bit so I figured just leave the driver as is because I'd end up choking up even more after I had it cut down.

Honestly Matt I'm not 100% sure lol. Choking up is something I've always done, even going back to my days playing baseball. I've always choked up at least a tiny bit no matter what the club is. Even my irons I have a tendency to choke up a bit so I figured just leave the driver as is because I'd end up choking up even more after I had it cut down.

I do the same, but I feel like with the driver cutting it down helps with center contact. Was just wondering, thanks lol.

talked to the boss this morning, OC could happen, but I have no confirmation I'll have thursday/friday off.

worst case I leave work friday afternoon and get to oc somewhere during the night

had a great time yesterday, nice to meet mark/matt, lol. range is nice. I will stick to plumb creek for sim

Mark is my split personality.

talked to the boss this morning, OC could happen, but I have no confirmation I'll have thursday/friday off.

worst case I leave work friday afternoon and get to oc somewhere during the night
Hope it works out!

hit the sim tonight at plumb creek with jimmy, much nicer than valle golf sim. had an up and down round for sure tonight, shot 36, even par, 3 birdies, 3 pars and 3 bogey's. jimmy lit it up for a 33, should have been a 34, he hit a 12 foot putt as hard as tiger hit his 91' putt and hit the cup and it bounced up in the air and went in. ( i did not think it would do that on the sim, lol ) to be fair i did have a birdie chip in from a sand trap from 21 yards. lee trevino did say i had to pinch it!!!! lol

another foot of snow is expected here tomorrow, I'm starting to wonder if we are ever gonna play golf

another foot of snow is expected here tomorrow, I'm starting to wonder if we are ever gonna play golf

Yep same here. 7-12 inches overnight into the morning. Good news is the rest of the week is supposed to be in the 40's so hopefully whatever does come doesn't last long.

Yep same here. 7-12 inches overnight into the morning. Good news is the rest of the week is supposed to be in the 40's so hopefully whatever does come doesn't last long.

thats good for you, nothing over 32 here for a few weeks

They are now saying upwards of 20+ inches for areas that are south of Rochester. You are south of Rochester right? :)

Shows only one day in the 40's after the storm and then all 30 and 20's...

Musta changed since the last time I looked...

Yep just checked again and you're right. :(

They are now saying upwards of 20+ inches for areas that are south of Rochester. You are south of Rochester right? :)

Sure am! Wonderful!

Well it was nice seeing grass again for a couple of days..

grass? whats that?

we had a couple of warmer days last week and I did manage to see a bit of my above ground pool. it should be gone tomorrow

If it's not in the high 40's by the end of March I am moving south

If it's not in the high 40's by the end of March I am moving south

Just make sure you have get a house or apartment with a spare bedroom!!

Sure am! Wonderful!

When they say south of Rochester, I think they mean the Bristol Hills, not LeRoy :bulgy-eyes:

Did you guys just move here or something? I've been here 25+ years and while we have been spoiled the last couple of years with warm winters, we usually can't play golf outside here until the latter part of April. And we ALWAYS get a big snowstorm in March.

Newish member here from the Buffalo area, would love to get involved in some of the local outings. Our wait is almost over for the 2014 local season to start can't wait.

Newish member here from the Buffalo area, would love to get involved in some of the local outings. Our wait is almost over for the 2014 local season to start can't wait.

Welcome to our thread bud! We get together quite regularly in the summer. I'm Jimmy. Andy and Allan are our Buffalo guys and I believe they play together quite a bit as well!

Nice to have you here! I'm in Lancaster and Andy is up towards Clarence.We'll definitely get together(The Batavia and Rochester boys too!,oops....and Albany and Binghamton and Montreal )Kind of a large group....We call it the "Thruway Tour"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back