Adams Introduces CB3 Irons

You can't beat that price, take some time with them, you will love them. Thinking about picking me up another set for a spare !!!

the set I got was used paid around 200 with Kbs black pearl shafts

It was a local deal I think from another THP member but I can't be certain

I was swinging some demos and picked up a 6i cb3 and fell in love. Brand new set of 4-GW being shipped as we speak, I got home and researched and was even more ecstatic because they can be had dirt cheap and fit me better than newer offerings, I had no idea they were a last generation when comparing them so that was just a big wallet bonus

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I impressed that these irons are still getting attention a year later. They look fantastic and perform. Interesting comparison to the M3.

I impressed that these irons are still getting attention a year later. They look fantastic and perform. Interesting comparison to the M3.

It's a set that can grow with your game even if somehow a player can get into a single digit handicap.

Exactly, wish Adams would continue the CB line.

It's a set that can grow with your game even if somehow a player can get into a single digit handicap.

I need to go swing these. My wallet says no, but the things I've been hearing tempt me deeply.

I need to go swing these. My wallet says no, but the things I've been hearing tempt me deeply.

If you go swing them... we will be looking forward to your post in the "What golf stuff did you buy today" thread.

If you go swing them... we will be looking forward to your post in the "What golf stuff did you buy today" thread.

Hahaha this is exactly what I'm afraid of!! :desire:

After seeing the XTD Forged Irons and hitting them last week, I am still extremely impressed with the CB3. It's such a solid club for sure. I agree with the growing with your game comment too.

JM

Reading through this thread makes me want to put mine back in the bag for a while, they are some great feeling clubs IMO.

I may have to experiment with these. I was already looking into them and the increasing activity in this thread is only solidifying my compulsion. But if I get these , I can't also justify getting a 2014 set of irons.

Considering these, Apex, Speedblades, and X2 hot

sent from The Note 3

Thought I'd chime in having read the recent updates.

I've been gaming my CB3s for around 18 months and still think they are great. They feel a wonderful combination of smooth and solid, which I have no doubt is down to both the head and the excellently paired KBS shaft.

I don't work the ball left and right a great deal, but I do frequently flight the ball high and low depending on conditions and the CB3s are incredibly competent in that regard. The forgiveness offered by the CB3s belies the compact head shape as well; granted this is not a blade / muscleback, but it's a visually pleasing package and in no way screams SGI.

Overall, I believe the CB3s are great clubs which is why they are still in the bag. Never say never, but the current plan is certainly to game these for the 2014 season and beyond.

After seeing the XTD Forged Irons and hitting them last week, I am still extremely impressed with the CB3. It's such a solid club for sure. I agree with the growing with your game comment too.

JM

Johnny - I'd appreciate your thoughts on this comparison. If I were to change my CB3s at any stage, the XTD Forged are top of my list to try...

Not that the love ever went away, but my lesson/range session on Saturday had me coming away appreciating this iron again. I hit these do well when I slow down and not try to kill it. Any iron ponders that were in my head are gone (yes that includes my infatuation with the Cally Apex). Not saying the CB3 is better than the Apex, but right now with how I'm hitting and my distances dialed in, no need to switch unless I win a set.

Johnny - I'd appreciate your thoughts on this comparison. If I were to change my CB3s at any stage, the XTD Forged are top of my list to try...

Mab -

The XTD is such a quality club and it has a lot of similarity (to me) to the CB3. Its a more demanding club, but offers a lot of the newer technology. I hit about 3 or 4 of the irons (PW, 9I, 7I and I think 5I) and all had stiff shafts in them which is just a little too much for me. Good shots were smooth. I could feel it when I hit a bad one, but really wasn't much different than the CB3. It wouldn't be fair for be to comment on distance because I was not hitting a comparable shaft. The head is slightly smaller, but not too much and at address they are very nice. If you can find some to hit, give them a try!

JM

So I took a few swings with these the other day with the stock stiff KBS Tour 90's, and HOLY CRAP was I hitting them high. Very forgiving, nice feeling clubhead, but there is no way I could game this shaft in them, at least not the way I swing at the moment - with 120g shafts in my irons right now, this would be a huge adjustment. I lost 5 yards or so, stronger lofts notwithstanding.

However, with that kind of forgiveness and feel and a heavier shaft (KBS Tour, Tour-V)? Oh man, I salivate to think of the possibilities.

So I took a few swings with these the other day with the stock stiff KBS Tour 90's, and HOLY CRAP was I hitting them high. Very forgiving, nice feeling clubhead, but there is no way I could game this shaft in them, at least not the way I swing at the moment - with 120g shafts in my irons right now, this would be a huge adjustment. I lost 5 yards or so, stronger lofts notwithstanding.

However, with that kind of forgiveness and feel and a heavier shaft (KBS Tour, Tour-V)? Oh man, I salivate to think of the possibilities.

If you can find them with a Tour 90 x-flex shaft, Conrad confirmed in the KBS thread that this is actually a standard KBS Tour shaft... not a Tour 90. Maybe worth keeping an eye out. :)

If you can find them with a Tour 90 x-flex shaft, Conrad confirmed in the KBS thread that this is actually a standard KBS Tour shaft... not a Tour 90. Maybe worth keeping an eye out. :)

Didn't know that, thanks for the info! Definitely worth keeping a lookout.

Thought I'd chime in having read the recent updates.

I've been gaming my CB3s for around 18 months and still think they are great. They feel a wonderful combination of smooth and solid, which I have no doubt is down to both the head and the excellently paired KBS shaft.

I don't work the ball left and right a great deal, but I do frequently flight the ball high and low depending on conditions and the CB3s are incredibly competent in that regard. The forgiveness offered by the CB3s belies the compact head shape as well; granted this is not a blade / muscleback, but it's a visually pleasing package and in no way screams SGI.

Overall, I believe the CB3s are great clubs which is why they are still in the bag. Never say never, but the current plan is certainly to game these for the 2014 season and beyond.

Agree on all points mab!

I dislike everyone who has posted in here recently.
I wasn't even looking for irons but I got interested after reading everything here.
Just bought a set on a whim. My wallet dislikes this thread.

I wasn't even looking for irons but I got interested after reading everything here.

shootout with the AMP Cells?

I look forward to your post selling the AMP Cells and posting here how you love these.

I would bet good money that your Amp Cell's are in the BST within a week of receiving your CB3s.

Back