2013 Adams Super Hybrids - S and LS - THP Preview

jman,
i noticed you like the shaft in the super s hybrid. does the shaft feel overly stiff? i was wondering what your swing speed is with a driver? i see adams has a combo set with the s hybrids have you hit the irons?
thanks

jman,
i noticed you like the shaft in the super s hybrid. does the shaft feel overly stiff? i was wondering what your swing speed is with a driver? i see adams has a combo set with the s hybrids have you hit the irons?
thanks

emac, I'm SO sorry that I just saw this!

I have not hit the irons, I just did the review for the frontpage on the LS and S hybo's. As to the shaft, it honestly plays "true to flex" for me whatever that's worth. Not boardy at all and quite smooth through the swing with great dispersion through the impact zone. Adams did well with the pairings on BOTH of these hybo's.

S hybrid only $169 Canadian? Colour me pondering.

I just picked up a new 4 (22*) S hybrid for $65 shipped. Very excited about both the purchase price and the club. I'll update this as soon as the permafrost melts. I know I haven't hit it yet, but at that price there might not be a better deal in all of golf right now.

I have a 19 (3) that I picked up in Dec dude. I absolutely love it. It's like impossible to hit bad. Haha. Super forgiving and super hot face.

I have a 19 (3) that I picked up in Dec dude. I absolutely love it. It's like impossible to hit bad. Haha. Super forgiving and super hot face.

Awesome to hear. That is exactly what I am looking for. I needed a gap to fill and saw that price and jumped on it. Very excited to game this one.

I have picked it up and looked at it nearly every single time I have been in Golfsmith over the past year or so. It always intrigued me. Jman's review really made me want to try it out.

Still one of my favorite hybrids.

Still one of my favorite hybrids.

I saw the price and I immediately remembered you gushing over this one last year. That is ultimately what convinced me to pull the trigger.

Amen dude, I don't see the 3 or 4 ever coming out of my bag.

You guys are getting me all jacked up this morning. Unfortunately I still probably have a month till the weather allows me to try it out haha.

Yeah man like DC said, so easy to hit.

Any other thoughts on the stock shaft for those who have gamed this or hit it?

It's ok for me. You'll probably think it's soft-ish. Definitely designed to get the ball up.

I predict some very long balls for you with that hybrid Tim.

I bought the 3 and 4 super s hybrids to play this year, but I found out that I actually hit these too far. I hit my 5 iron about 210, but this 4h is a consistent 240-245! Solution? Bye bye 3 wood, hello 5 hybrid!

I bought the 3 and 4 super s hybrids to play this year, but I found out that I actually hit these too far. I hit my 5 iron about 210, but this 4h is a consistent 240-245! Solution? Bye bye 3 wood, hello 5 hybrid!

Good to hear my man.

Anyone else feel this way about the shaft ?

It's ok for me. You'll probably think it's soft-ish. Definitely designed to get the ball up.

Thanks bud. I can't wait to game it. I actually like going a tad softer on the hybrid shaft. I feel as if I am hitting this club, I need more control anyways.

Im also pumped that I should have only one club to gap the distance between 18 and 22 with no problem.

after i hit dcbrad's, i've been scouring the webs for a good deal on one.
i haven't pulled the trigger just yet though as i'm not sure which model to go with.

although, i've only hit brad's super s into his basement net, it looks and feels like i absolutely rail that sucker.
so there is a thought about hitting it too far, and i want to make sure it fits nicely in the gap between 3w and 4 or 5 iron.

plenty of time to rearrange my bag prior to the season...but i think Wicked Tim has the solution, and a 4H 22* maybe be just the ticket.

I am a reluctant hybrid user, but I like to tinker. I decided to put together a 23 degree LSP with a Recoil and wow that is one solid club.

after i hit dcbrad's, i've been scouring the webs for a good deal on one.
i haven't pulled the trigger just yet though as i'm not sure which model to go with.

although, i've only hit brad's super s into his basement net, it looks and feels like i absolutely rail that sucker.
so there is a thought about hitting it too far, and i want to make sure it fits nicely in the gap between 3w and 4 or 5 iron.

plenty of time to rearrange my bag prior to the season...but i think Wicked Tim has the solution, and a 4H 22* maybe be just the ticket.

Ebay. Gurugolf - make an offer of $65. Theyll will take it :)

Back