2013-14 College basketball thread (Spoilers)

Yeah. . But EVER year?

University of Delaware is going to the NCAA Tournament!!! Last time they made it I was in High School. Looking forward to seeing them get their moment to play in the big dance.

I was at the tournament. It was really a great tourney. The Delaware-William & Mary final was great basketball. Felt bad for Shaver but glad for Ross. He has taken a lot of crap in the league.

They drew a tough one in MSU, but they have the talent to give them all they can handle. Baptiste has been a blessing for them. Maybe one of the most improved big men in the country.

The WM Towson semifinal was great as well. Very tough loss for Towson, after such a great season.

I should congratulate UVAWahoo for his Cav's performance.

He has suffered with them for many of the past seasons. He has a right to be proud this week and more importantly he will be watching meaningful basketball in March.

Not a big college BBall fan but am really proud of my alma mater for making it to the big dance for the first time in school history. Cal Poly came in as the #7 seed and beat the #2 seed (UC Santa Barbara, our main rivals), the #1 seed (UC Irvine) and capped it by beating the #5 seed (CSU Northridge) to win the Big West tournament. For a small school in a small town, its pretty exciting!

I'm surprised so many experts picked MSU, I think Florida has a good shot for sure.

I'm surprised so many experts picked MSU, I think Florida has a good shot for sure.

They are all finally healthy and looked really good in the Big 10 tournament - making them the sexy pick. Looking at this tournament, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win it, but wouldn't be shocked if they lost on the second weekend. A lot of very good teams, just not a lot of great teams.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not a big college BBall fan but am really proud of my alma mater for making it to the big dance for the first time in school history. Cal Poly came in as the #7 seed and beat the #2 seed (UC Santa Barbara, our main rivals), the #1 seed (UC Irvine) and capped it by beating the #5 seed (CSU Northridge) to win the Big West tournament. For a small school in a small town, its pretty exciting!

Congrats, it makes following the tournament so much exciting and nerve wracking when your team is part of it.

They are all finally healthy and looked really good in the Big 10 tournament - making them the sexy pick. Looking at this tournament, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win it, but wouldn't be shocked if they lost on the second weekend. A lot of very good teams, just not a lot of great teams.

Having covered Delaware many times this year. They have the scoring firepower to stay with MSU but I'm afraid its a very bad matchup for UD. MSU is one of thd most talented teams in the country and it seems they always have good seniors.

Izzo does a phenomenal job of recruiting great players who want to stick around for at least 3 years and not be a one and done.

Having covered Delaware many times this year. They have the scoring firepower to stay with MSU but I'm afraid its a very bad matchup for UD. MSU is one of thd most talented teams in the country and it seems they always have good seniors.

Izzo does a phenomenal job of recruiting great players who want to stick around for at least 3 years and not be a one and done.

He does recruit some good players, this is a chance for his first senior class ever to not reach a Final Four. I think it's a little skewed how people look at it (coming from a Sparty fan here). Basically, MSU has a 1/4 probability of getting into the final four, but then basically everyone says if they get there it's 100% they are going to win. I've seen MSU at it's best and at it's worst and Izzo is nothing short of spectacular in March, but don't sleep on Iowa State or Virginia.

Absolutely agree with Izzo and how he runs his program.

I was surprised that this year's senior class as of right now is the first Izzo class not to go to a Final Four in at least 9-10 years. That is impressive.

He does recruit some good players, this is a chance for his first senior class ever to not reach a Final Four. I think it's a little skewed how people look at it (coming from a Sparty fan here). Basically, MSU has a 1/4 probability of getting into the final four, but then basically everyone says if they get there it's 100% they are going to win. I've seen MSU at it's best and at it's worst and Izzo is nothing short of spectacular in March, but don't sleep on Iowa State or Virginia.

Wow.. I went in and looked - forgot about the Final Fours in the early 2000s. The streak by Izzo's program is really impressive.

Agree on Iowa State and Virginia. I am curious about San Diego State. I think they play defense with the best but offensively they are streaky at best. If they can get hot on the offensive side, they can be interesting to watch.

Yeah the expectations of success. Ha.

If it makes you feel any better I have them in my Final Four. Then again I haven't won a pool in many years.

Bruce Pearl to Auburn is official. Hoping he can turn things around.

Bruce Pearl to Auburn is official. Hoping he can turn things around.
I havent been excited about AU Basketball in a long time. Hoping Pearl can change that.

Huge hire for that program.

I havent been excited about AU Basketball in a long time. Hoping Pearl can change that.

Definitely a good get. The guy can coach and recruit, among other things :)

This is a great hire I would love if Missouri would of got rid of Haith, and went after Pearl. The guy can coach and will bring enthusiasm to the program.

Ok.....guess I need to fill out my bracket now. You guys gonna be in here for tie breaker picks for me?! Here we go.........

Gators
Pitt
VCU
UCLA
Dayton vs Ohio State.........11 vs a 6.........hummmmm....can Dayton pull it off? I mean, it's a team from Ohio their playing right?!

F*%^ It...going Dayton over Ohio State and upset number 1. Continuing on......

Syracuse
Upset Number 2: Stanford over NM!!! I'm going with it!
Kansas to round out Round 1 in the South

Virginia
Memphis but really want to pull the trigger on GW (talk me into it)
Upset Number 3: Harvard over Cincinnati!! Hello 12th seed vs 5th seed winner.
Michigan St.
NC

UConn vs St. Joseph's??????

Arizona
OKState
OU
SDS
BU
Creighton
Oregon
Wis

Pretty straight forward there. No issues.

Wich State
KSU
Upset Number 4: NC State over St. Louis....another 12 vs 5 winner!
Lou
Upset Number 5: Iowa over UMASS (if Iowa wins tonight??)
Duke
Texas
Mich

Ok, Round 1 over....this is going well. A few upsets here and there but looking good.

Thanks for the input so far guys.

For the 17th straight year.... Duke all the way in my bracket. :)

Back