Tourstage/Bridgestone Limited X Blade Combo Review

lightningbolt44

Reaction score
Alright so I finally had a chance to spend some time with my new irons and figured I would throw some thoughts up about them. They came in last weekend however the first chance I got to hit them was actually Saturday morning at the HHI.
First thing I notice is the Bridgestone on the hosel of each iron. In the past Tourstage irons did not really have Bridgestone markings on them however these shipped in a Bridgestone box and have it on every iron. I have heard they will be doing away with the Tourstage name eventually however I dont know if that is truth or rumor.

Anyway onto the irons. This is a limited combo set 4,5 CB 6,7,8 MC and 9 and PW MB. 4500 of these sets were made so they are pretty limited. I have always loved playing combo sets as I really like to have the blade pw at the very least. Again you can see Bridgestone in these clubs the 4 and 5 iron reminds me a ton of the J40 CB which is a set I gamed for a good portion of last year. Feel is also very similar to the J40's which imo is one of the best feeling irons on the market. The forgiveness in the 4 and 5 iron is on par with the J40 CB's however the MC's and the MB's dont have a ton of forgiveness at all however have a ton of work ability. The flight of these irons is one thing that shines for me with these. I can flight them high or low which is not super common as I usually hit most irons super high.

I am going to add to this thread after I have more than two days with them however initial thoughts are they will be staying in the bag for the season. The only negative I really have is I am not a huge fan of Tourstage on the sole however that has nothing to do with performance so I can live with it.

13232814064_fe27f951ee.jpg

13232484225_5f5858875d.jpg

13232814114_1258ceff0d.jpg

13232813964_241af397c2.jpg

13232624163_6fe6c2cbb6.jpg

13232483955_b513e73870.jpg

13232624083_83e86aa01a.jpg

Those are pretty.

Very nice. They must be o.k. Considering your punched ticket! :act-up:

Man that MB looks sezzy, but I bet she will cut your heart out on a sloppy swing.

JM

Those are some sexy irons.

Gorgeous irons buddy! So, you're telling me you and Marc won the HHI and you were using new sticks? Impressive....

Great looking irons my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorgeous irons buddy! So, you're telling me you and Marc won the HHI and you were using new sticks? Impressive....

Thank you.

The only club I had ever put into play going into HH was my putter and the driver is the only thing I had hit on the range at all everything else touched its first ball Saturday. Wedges were borrowed from some amazing THP members that allowed me to use them for the round cant thank you guys enough btw.

When you have Marc as your partner though the clubs do not matter much. What a great player and even better guy.

Thank you.

The only club I had ever put into play going into HH was my putter and the driver is the only thing I had hit on the range at all everything else touched its first ball Saturday. Wedges were borrowed from some amazing THP members that allowed me to use them for the round cant thank you guys enough btw.

When you have Marc as your partner though the clubs do not matter much. What a great player and even better guy.
While I've yet to play with Marc, I know this last part is 100% truth.

First off those irons are gorgeous!

Thank you.

From the score you posted this saturday you rocked these for your first time out on the course!

Your very welcome for the wedge and glad to see that something from my bag won.

Tourstage always does a such a great job with irons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not familiar with these irons, but wow those are a thing of beauty.

Those irons are just so darn good looking. Are tourstage clubs very readily available in the US or what'd you have to go through to get them? What are the benefits of these vs the J40 line?

Very nice irons indeed! enjoy the sticks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gorgeous irons sir! I have flirted with buying some Tourstage sticks in the past but was always scared off by the price point. May have to get over that fear next time after seeing these!

Those irons are just so darn good looking. Are tourstage clubs very readily available in the US or what'd you have to go through to get them? What are the benefits of these vs the J40 line?

Unfortunately they are not easily findable in the us. A few places may have them but chances are you will not find tourstage in the us. They did have some us releases in the past but my understanding is they did not sell well because of the price point so they decided to keep tourstage overseas. You can source them from a few different sources and when all is said and done they are not much more expensive than a premium set here.

As far as the benefits over the j40s the main thing is the Mc and the mbs have a much smaller footprint which is something I like visually. Also these are much easier to control the height of my shots with than the j40s were with me. However you do lose forgiveness compared to the j40.

One thought I will put out there as well. I by no means think JDM golf equipment is better than US OEM equipment. I think it is crazy to even think of such a notion. You have some different options than you do here and weight tolerances may be a bit tighter in SOME JDM sets however quality and most importantly performance can be had in both JDM and us OEM sets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, Ron was breaking in 12 or 13 new clubs at the HHI Invitational.

You hit those irons really well.

Those look good, man. I didn't see you play this weekend, but they seem to be working pretty well for you so far!

Very nice looking clubs! Hope you enjoy them.

absolutely beautiful irons there! Really love the look and the forging.

Congrats again on the win Saturday. I know how tough it was with irons I have gamed for 5+ years so I can only imagine how tough it was with new sticks!

Some of the best looking irons I've ever seen. Without a doubt.

Talk to me about that leading edge. Looks like a pretty good amount of relief there. How's that working for you or do you really notice it?

Talk to me about that leading edge. Looks like a pretty good amount of relief there. How's that working for you or do you really notice it?

It is one of the reasons I went after these clubs actually. I dig pretty bad usually take a hefty divot. These seem to so far be helping that. I will need to get in some wetter conditions to see truly but so far I am loving the grinds on these irons. Again though I think that is something the J40's excel with as well. VERY similar performance.

Right on. First thing I noticed after moving on from the stupid sexy cavity. Jeez these things are lookers.

I dig pretty bad usually take a hefty divot. These seem to so far be helping that.
I love this! By far my biggest problem Friday and Saturday...and a little Sunday.

So pretty. I am drooling. Didnt help that I hit Rons irons in Indy...

Back