Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

I just got an email from the RTJ course at Palmetto Dunes indicating that this tree has been officially named the 441 Palm.
84DF8105-0ED5-48F3-A6AD-E85F86C8844C_zpsvjbousoh.jpg
It needs a plaque for sure!

I am now 2 for 2 at events. This 2nd was just being tired (yeah, we'll call it that) and not getting my damn foot up high enough to clear the lip. I was just walking out and ate it. :facepalm:

Not to pile on but didn't you almost sprain your ankle on the 1st hole Saturday

All you need to be concerned with is that Troy hates Chik-fil-a for baseless reasons, and by extension, is anti-American.

Ok, I am going to admit my dislike for Chic-fil-a and join Troy in the outcast circle. Tasteless comes to mind as a good descriptor for their food IMO. I also disagree with many of the company's documented philosophies and prejudices...

#OpenForBashing

All you need to be concerned with is that Troy hates Chik-fil-a for baseless reasons, and by extension, is anti-American.

Hate on but how is this related to the HHI?

Ok, I am going to admit my dislike for Chic-fil-a and join Troy in the outcast circle. Tasteless comes to mind as a good descriptor for their food IMO. I also disagree with many of the company's documented philosophies and prejudices...

#OpenForBashing

I disagree with their politics, and candidly I don't go there nearly as much because of it.

Still, once in a blue moon I need a spicy chicken sandwich.

#OpenForBashing
You mean one guy who works for a company that sells franchises to independent small business owners's opinion? If that's what you meant, I agree, his opinion is just an opinion. But I imagine there's a thread in the debate section for that discussion.

Hate on but how is this related to the HHI?
It happened at dinner after the HHI Invt'l, which was on Hilton Head Island.

Guys, Think the food/religion/politics stuff should go in another thread.

Not to pile on but didn't you almost sprain your ankle on the 1st hole Saturday

Also, not a first for a THP event. More like the 3rd or 4th. Morgan and some others got an up-close at Reunion's.

I'll try to bring this back on topic to the HHI Invitational: A few shout outs to guys I played with this weekend.

Knightlightpro: Really enjoyed riding with you Chris at Fazio. Was fun to catch up on how things are going with you. I'm glad you spotted that gator before GolfinFF and I stepped on him! He was big enough to take a leg I think!

GolfinFF: Enjoyed meeting you Jason. Know you weren't having your best swing day at Fazio but you hung in there and we had a good time. That six hole stretch in the middle is what to remember!

Deuce and SoxFan: Had a blast playing with you guys at Hills. We all quickly realized we were not going to be in the running but made the best of it and had a good time. Sox, your game is really good! Deuce remember those good shots, you are close!

Michigan Slice: CJ! My man. What a guy. Great personality. Always smiling and enjoying himself. CJ wasn't having his best day and even looked over me at one point and said "I thought we were supposed to have fun". He said all that with a smile on his face. If that is you when you aren't having fun I don't know what you'll look like when you are happy. CJ is just so down to earth and was a great cart mate.

Phenom4Hire: Jeremy can roll his flatstick and had some impressive one putts. I think he likes the beach a little too much though. Plenty of power in his swing. Hits it a long way!

ir13: Personal best! Was so cool watching you smile your way through the back nine as you realized the score you were shooting. I asked Joey on the 1st tee what he was going to shoot today and he said 96. You beat that by 11 my man!

O'Carroll: Pete! Really enjoyed sharing a cart with you on RTJ. That 588 3wood is money. I expect to see you posting about having the matching driver very soon! Appreciate you taking all the vines as well. Good times my friend!

Michigan Slice: CJ! My man. What a guy. Great personality. Always smiling and enjoying himself. CJ wasn't having his best day and even looked over me at one point and said "I thought we were supposed to have fun". He said all that with a smile on his face. If that is you when you aren't having fun I don't know what you'll look like when you are happy. CJ is just so down to earth and was a great cart mate.

CJ is good people and a blast to play a round with. Put him and Bullfrog together and it get real funny.

I forgot to mention how helpful the yardage books were that the course provided to us. Really helped out us first-timers. I use GolfLogix and I kept using the yardage books instead. Gives me something to look out for at future new courses I tee it up at.

Oh yeah, the koozies were really helpful as well.

The Arthur Hills course is definitely a course you have to play more than once to know your way around. After actually playing it I can say the flyovers and yardage book make it look like you'll be playing down a hallway. I had a good laugh thinking back about all the 4 irons and hybrids that would be played off each tee by THPers months ago. I hit driver on every par 4 and 5 and had plenty of room in the landing areas. Only poor thing I have to say about the track was the greens. They said they weren't punched, but if they weren't then Freddie Krugger must have scrapped each one instead.

Was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones. The first tee was a great atmosphere and was great to put faces with avatars. Really enjoyed playing with ir13 and we posted a very respectable score. Always enjoy playing with bogeybrain and meeting just_hacking was pleasure. Hope to see all of you THPers very soon on the tee box. Congratulations to troutbum and lightningbolt on their win. Thank you Mike Dean and JB for setting things up.

I'll try to bring this back on topic to the HHI Invitational: A few shout outs to guys I played with this weekend.

Knightlightpro: Really enjoyed riding with you Chris at Fazio. Was fun to catch up on how things are going with you. I'm glad you spotted that gator before GolfinFF and I stepped on him! He was big enough to take a leg I think!

GolfinFF: Enjoyed meeting you Jason. Know you weren't having your best swing day at Fazio but you hung in there and we had a good time. That six hole stretch in the middle is what to remember!

Deuce and SoxFan: Had a blast playing with you guys at Hills. We all quickly realized we were not going to be in the running but made the best of it and had a good time. Sox, your game is really good! Deuce remember those good shots, you are close!

Phenom4Hire: Jeremy can roll his flatstick and had some impressive one putts. I think he likes the beach a little too much though. Plenty of power in his swing. Hits it a long way!

ir13: Personal best! Was so cool watching you smile your way through the back nine as you realized the score you were shooting. I asked Joey on the 1st tee what he was going to shoot today and he said 96. You beat that by 11 my man!

O'Carroll: Pete! Really enjoyed sharing a cart with you on RTJ. That 588 3wood is money. I expect to see you posting about having the matching driver very soon! Appreciate you taking all the vines as well. Good times my friend!

Thanks Barry. Really enjoyed meeting and playing with you. As soon as I can get my left arm right so I can swing the club like I am accustomed to, I will be bringing my clubs up when I have a work trip to Carrollton and hopefully we can hook up for a round!

Thanks Barry. Really enjoyed meeting and playing with you. As soon as I can get my left arm right so I can swing the club like I am accustomed to, I will be bringing my clubs up when I have a work trip to Carrollton and hopefully we can hook up for a round!

Certainly! I'm maybe 20 minutes from Carrollton. Would be glad to host you at my home course

The Arthur Hills course is definitely a course you have to play more than once to know your way around. After actually playing it I can say the flyovers and yardage book make it look like you'll be playing down a hallway. I had a good laugh thinking back about all the 4 irons and hybrids that would be played off each tee by THPers months ago. I hit driver on every par 4 and 5 and had plenty of room in the landing areas. Only poor thing I have to say about the track was the greens. They said they weren't punched, but if they weren't then Freddie Krugger must have scrapped each one instead.

I'd like to get another shot at that course now that I've seen it. I suspect it won't be as difficult the second time around.

The undulation of the greens really got me on Saturday. I hit a few greens with what I thought was a good shot but was actually in a really bad spot. Three-jacks ensued.

Still, a fun time all around.

I need some recaps to read...who's next??

Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Just getting home from Hilton Head. Stayed a few extra days to burn some vacation and hang out w/ the fiancé.

Fazio Friday was a great time. Teeing it up w/ my buddies JaxGolfer and Bogeybrain. You guys have game and always have fun playing with you.

Saturdays round was what it was all about, O'Carroll and I gave our best effort but left several strokes out on the course. It was a pleasure playing along side Awfcardinal and Milehighgolfer.

Sundays round a lot of fun too. Playing RTJ w. Jeff Spicoli, who was nice enough to hang back and play w/ me since my playing partners were afraid of getting a little wet and cancelled.

Got a chance to go to dinner w/ Barry and O'Carrol Sunday evening and had a great time. You guys are great and look forward to seeing you both soon.

Congrats to Trout and LightningBolt! Hopefully see you at the Championship.

I will hopefully get mine posted tonight.

Spoiler:

I had a good time.

Toss em in here for now, usually JB kicks off the recap ones when they are seperate from this thread

Back