THP UK Summer Cup 2014

All the best for a speedy recovery Mav, look after yourself and hope yo see you back soon!

Mav , hope it goes well and all the best for a speedy recovery

Mav,

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I hope you heal quickly.

Took advantage of a December special offer and joined Knotty Hill - you pay a one-time joining fee and pay reduced rates when you play, so considering I don't get to play as often as some folks it made sense rather than forking out £600 (or whatever) and then not getting my moneys worth. In fact, even if I was to play every week for 7 months of the year it would still work out cheaper than a lot of clubs annual membership fees

It is a cheap and cheerful place, but has a good range of facilities for practice and a total of 49 holes (2 x 18, 1 x 13) so plenty of space to play

Only hit the classic a couple times on the course as still getting comfortable with it, but hoping it can be as much of a bomber as my 3W :D
Doc,
That's a nice looking track you've joined. Only hit the Classic a couple of times on the course, because there's only a couple par 5's I'm thinking.:act-up:

Mav, I seriously hope you can get back to playing again as it would be a shame to have to give up the game

Stu, I will drop you a PM for the details for payment - just back from a week away so catching up on things

Duffer, it is not a bad little place for the money, but I will be taking the Classic off the tee on a number of the par 4s so I can get used to it and confident to pull it at any time

Firstly - some disappointing news. The mighty Mav's wrist injury has re-occurred and he is unable to play. Now - usually, I would throw in at least 8 one-liners about a wrist injury
:clown: however - I hear from Chris that this one may in fact prevent him from ever playing golf again.:bomb:

The bad news - you need to pay!
Please send me a PM with your e-mail address in it. I will then email you the account details.

Sorry to hear the bad news Mav, hope its back in good working soon. Best wishes.

PM on its way

Morning!

Some funds received. Thank you! Those not paid - come along now guys...

BigM has suggested that it might be a laugh if we used Vpar - so that we can maintain live scoring. Picture yourself on the 10th tee...knowing that you are one shot ahead of the guy in the group behind....could be quite a laugh.

I did download one of these before - from another company, and it did not work very well.

Vpar is quite new - and the reviews are not bad. It is free (for 14 days) and then works on an annual subscription. You can cancel before the payment starts. From what I can see - the app is only for IOS 7 - so the question is - do we have iPhone users? Ideally - we need at least 5 UK users (foreign guys might get hammered by the data roaming charges) - so that we can put one into each group. So - any iPhone users?

Morning!

BigM has suggested that it might be a laugh if we used Vpar - so that we can maintain live scoring. Picture yourself on the 10th tee...knowing that you are one shot ahead of the guy in the group behind....could be quite a laugh.

Hmm, would I have played the 18th differently knowing I was leading the field at Burnham the other month? Probably, I think I would have teed off with my 4 iron :banghead:

Morning!

I did download one of these before - from another company, and it did not work very well.

Vpar is quite new - and the reviews are not bad. It is free (for 14 days) and then works on an annual subscription. You can cancel before the payment starts. From what I can see - the app is only for IOS 7 - so the question is - do we have iPhone users? Ideally - we need at least 5 UK users (foreign guys might get hammered by the data roaming charges) - so that we can put one into each group. So - any iPhone users?

Just did a search and found this: http://www.golfgamebook.com

Seems to have apps for Android and iPhone.. I haven't checked it out yet but give til nightfall.. :)
Edit:
Checked it out on the website and it seems quite advanced where the user is calculating handicaps and more stuff like that. No glorious reviews on Google Play either.
But the courses we are playing are there. You can set up challenges during the rounds such as closest to pin, longest drive etc.
Need to try this in reality over a round to see if it works.

Or we can have 5 iPhones.. :) (I got 3 android phones so not me;) )

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

Last edited:
I will try and get the money for our deposits sent over either tonight or tomorrow

Nope, not an iPhone user here

If I am stood on the last tee knowing I am 1-up on someone in a group behind I am just playing my normal game and probably hooking it OB or topping it 50yds :D

Hmm, would I have played the 18th differently knowing I was leading the field at Burnham the other month? Probably, I think I would have teed off with my 4 iron :banghead:

Its OK Fish - I would probably have lied to you anyway - and told you that you needed Birdie!

- From what I remember - 3 9 irons was probably the way to go wasn't it?

Thats the one I bought before....but it may have improved!

Lets not go that way then! :)

We could always set up a google document/sheet that calculates the results for us...

Easy as pie actually.. :)

Evening all...

I was speaking with one boys on the phone earlier who attended the last cup - who immediately asked "So - how much for the shirts this year?"

The background: As some of you know - is that we had some shirts prepared - suitably marked up. I'll be honest - I cannot remember how much we paid for them, but they were a very dashing silver grey with white printing...

This year - I am more than happy to organise shirts - if there is demand. If I get them done - they will be embroidered rather than printed (sort of highfaluting guy I am) - and the colour will most certainly be brighter:devil:

I have sourced technical (i.e. polyester that wicks sweat away) shirts that will cost £12 a head - or classic cotton ones for a couple of pounds more - so £14

Entirely up to the majority vote - thoughts please!

I always think its nice to have something to remember and keep from the day and there's nothing better than a shirt that can be worn on the day and in the future creating questions when playing in it across the country.

I've got a jumper and woolly hat for my forthcoming Mizuno meet at Frilford Heath

I'm in for whatever the collective decides..

Do we have somekind of logo for this event!?

I'm in for whatever the collective decides..

Do we have somekind of logo for this event!?

Logo is challenging. Understandably Josh and GG are protective of theirs, THP official events are for Albatross Club members etc. The guys are really supportive of our get togethers - but there are limits. So - no logo, but some wording!:alien:

Logo is challenging. Understandably Josh and GG are protective of theirs, THP official events are for Albatross Club members etc. The guys are really supportive of our get togethers - but there are limits. So - no logo, but some wording!:alien:

With all right, they are protective.. But hmm we don't have to include THP in the logo if they are not cool with that..

Or if they would like to expand the organisation, it might be good to loosen up the rules for a specific event like this in order to expand the user base.. But that's a discussion not suited here..

With all right, they are protective.. But hmm we don't have to include THP in the logo if they are not cool with that..

Or if they would like to expand the organisation, it might be good to loosen up the rules for a specific event like this in order to expand the user base.. But that's a discussion not suited here..

If I remember correctly there were a number of conversations regarding this last year that Mav had with JB/GG but, like you say, that is not for here

As far as shirts go this year, I am happy for something if it is going to be around £15 - might as well add another THP themed shirt to the collection to go with my caps, bag tag and coins :D

Yep - there were a few conversations last year around logos- and both Mav and I felt Josh was extremely fair...

So far then

El Bandito - Yes (for a shirt)
Mizuno Blue - Yes
The Doctor - Yes
El Jefe - Yes
Nick no nickname - Yes
Almdudler - Yes
Tom the Dane - Yes

Does Lina have a view? Preston? Any more for any more?

Last edited:
Yep - there were a few conversations last year around logos- and both Mav and I felt Josh was extremely fair...

So far then

Mizuno Blue - Yes
The Doctor - Yes
El Jefe - Yes
Nick no nickname - Yes
Almdudler - Yes
Tom the Dane - Yes

Does Lina have a view? Preston? Any more for any more?

Hi Stu,
e-mail sent, check your spam or trash
id be happy to take a t-shirt

On a side note I see you've changed some weapons, hope they treat you well at the end of the month

Hi Stu,
e-mail sent, check your spam or trash
id be happy to take a t-shirt

email didn't make it??? Sent you details by PM

Mizuno Blue - Yes
The Doctor - Yes
El Jefe - Yes
Nick no nickname - Yes
Almdudler - Yes
Tom the Dane - Yes
Will I Dream - Yes

On a side note I see you've changed some weapons, hope they treat you well at the end of the month

Only the putter made the cut:arrogant:

I now have the topped 4 wood - "200 yard putt". Ideal for Links Golf. Now - if only I could hit it on purpose...:angry:

I'm playing South East KOKS on Thursday at Camberley Heath - they should get a good run out then!

Only the putter made the cut:arrogant:

I now have the topped 4 wood - "200 yard putt". Ideal for Links Golf. Now - if only I could hit it on purpose...:angry:

I'm playing South East KOKS on Thursday at Camberley Heath - they should get a good run out then!

To bad about the clubs..
If I could I would give you some of my height.. I'm up in the clouds fighting about the space with birds and planes with my irons.. :)

To bad about the clubs..
If I could I would give you some of my height.. I'm up in the clouds fighting about the space with birds and planes with my irons.. :)

No thanks Linus! Im playing St Andrews with Ian in a couple of weeks. High ball flight is the last thing I'll need up there!

No thanks Linus! Im playing St Andrews with Ian in a couple of weeks. High ball flight is the last thing I'll need up there!

Oh, lucky you guys! :clap:

I really need to learn how to control my height a bit better... But its so fun when it goes long at the same time! :alien:

Back