Matchplay - How would you want to win?

Utter decimation would be preferred.

HOWEVER, no. Anything 1up or better makes me happy.

I want to win period, if I'm playing well and my opponent is playing poorly and I know it, I'll console him after the round. I would expect the same from my opponent as well. I lost a huge match by feeling bad for someone once and I'll never do it again, he came back on me and won the last 6 holes to take it.

I would want to win 3&2 with both of us playing at our best, me just a little better.

I love good golf. I want to win with a birdie or Par--not bogie over double or worse. I want to be the better player, not the one who did ok while someone falls apart.

I'd rather win in a rout. I say this after having a match this past Saturday that was back and forth and I only closed it out on the 18th. That crap was nerve wrecking! But I must admit it felt good to play well and earn the W.

I would take the rout because that means I played lights out to pull that off.

Win in a rout 100%.... Largest margin of victory. At the end of the day it all comes down to you....if you steamroll the competition it's because you deserved the win. Who cares how the other player is doing?

I've been in a few 2-man best ball match play tourney's over the past 3 years. Last year my golf partner and I closed out our match after the 10th hole. We both flat out played great. The year before, in the same tournament, we were one down with three holes to play. My partner birdied the 16th, I birdied the 17th, and we halved the 18th for a 1 up win.

Both wins felt equally good because we played our best.

I would rather win playing well for sure.

Ultimately you want to get it over as soon as possible but got to be ready to go the distance and to expect anything

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Same page, same page. You always hear players and coaches say, "that was a lot closer than I would have liked." Everyone wants to win, so why not hope that margin is as wide as possible. It's like having a tap in par putt vs. having to make a 7 footer.
Win in a rout 100%.... Largest margin of victory. At the end of the day it all comes down to you....if you steamroll the competition it's because you deserved the win. Who cares how the other player is doing?

Close match with clutch shots. I absolutely love match play and tend to win early on....but the close matches are much more exciting!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Leaving out the canned "A win is a win" responses, it was something I was thinking about this morning. If you were playing in a matchplay event would you rather A) Win in a route while your opponent struggles or B) Win a close match where you had to make alot of clutch shots?

Me personally, I think I would rather win a close match. Seems like an experience I could take with me and draw upon in the future.

I would like to win in a rout where my opponent was playing well, but I was lights out.

I want to win a close one. I want to feel all the emotions and adrenaline running through me. I want to control those emotions/feelings and execute shot after shot under pressure. I want it to come down to 18 and I have a 15' putt to win and drain it as my opponent looks on. I think winning this way puts the mental edge on my side and take a little away from my opponent.

I love making clutch shots and/or putts in a close match. It takes the fun out of it when your opponent just blows it with bad shots.

I want to win 9 and 8...does that answer the question?

Match play is such a fickle lady. You can win while playing poorly if your opponent plays worse. You can also lose while playing well if your opponent plays slightly better.

I just want to win. Doesn't matter how.

Gotta give them one ray of hope right?

close match all the way, love winning on the 18th. i would want my competition to be playing his best and take it on the 18th .

I would like to win big but because I got hot not because my opponent struggled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely want a close match. I want it to take all 18 if not more. I want to be physically and mentally exhausted after I win of course, but I want to be pushed to my limits.

Matchplay - How would you want to win?

A wins a wins a win. But close matches are always fun to be a part of

After two team matches today (1-1), I am revising my answer. I want the win. Team got knocked out in second round, hated that feeling since I did very well- and the team still lost.

Back