• 150yards

Votes: 70 29.3%
  • 160 yards

Votes: 61 25.5%
  • 165 and up

Votes: 76 31.8%

• Total voters
Side question...

Do the clubs have same lofts, shafts & shaft length?

Is the distance difference coming from lofts, shafts or the head? Just interested :)

I will add that the Tour Preferred irons are a 1/4" shorter in stock length.

It's been 140-145 with my old R9s, I'm thinking the i25s will be a might longer.

Side question...

Do the clubs have same lofts, shafts & shaft length?

Is the distance difference coming from lofts, shafts or the head? Just interested :)

The apex pro are longer than average with kbs tour stiff+ factory loft. My xforged are standard length with S400 shaft and 2* strong lofts. TM have S400 pro series with 2* strong lofts but is a true blade.

The lack of distance in the TM is huge and due to the blade. The apex are 1/2 club linger because of length, progressive loft and shafts. Xforged are setup per my fitting with Annika Academy. The lofts match those of my old J40s

170ish. One of my most comfortable yardages.

I am in the 150 comfortably range. Sometimes 155 but only on a really pure strike. :golf:

I'm comfortable with 140-145. 150-160 if I really step on it, but I can't guarantee a good shot.

75% swing puts in the 145 to 150 range and makes it more controllable.......

My old 15 year old TM LCG 7 iron was about 160-165. I have not Been able to hit my Speedblades yet on the course due to snow, but from getting fitted, I would guess a good 10 yds further.

175 yards consistently

165 carry, but I hit it low with little spin, so it is a consistent 170 total.

Old irons 150 -155
New irons 170 -175

What's your 7 iron distance?

All things equal 7 iron is 175 if I hit it well

This. Granted, I can push it to 180-185 if needed, but I generally play a small fade.

Haven't been to the range yet with my new TM TP CB irons, so that may change.

Damn. Some of you guys kill the ball. I'm around 145-150.

155-162 for me. That 162 is when I'm really getting after it and striking the ball cleanly.

170 for me

185-195 for me. Been able to get it over 200 but usually means I am swinging too hard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

With a controlled swing I hit it about 185 on the fly.

I'm comfortable carrying 150-155 with my 7i.

Vancouver - 155
Palm Desert - 165

I would be hitting 3 or 4 hybrid to match some of these 7 iron distances. Maybe you hit your longer clubs just as well as your shorter one, but I don't. That's what I meant by easier.

yea, I see the point. And I hit all my clubs just as bad as another :)

Mine varies between internet golf and real golf :) apparently for many in the poll as well!

My regular swing I can count on 160 carry--on internet golf I have hit it 180 once so lets say 180 :banana:

I've always had power with my clubs and during a fitting I somehow hit a 7i 200 yards. I think the sim was juiced though, however I can hit it regularly 170-180, and that's if I hit it flush on the screws.

Oh yeah, I forget how some OEM's are calling 6 iron lofts a 7 iron these days. I wont name names, but some of the current ones call there club uber distance clubs and the 7 iron is the same loft and length of my 6 iron.

Found one example on the Speedblade 7 at 30.5* the Ping 6 Iron is 30*. Its all relative I guess, my dad a senior hits his 7 iron 130 and still beats me most days :) Dude is all fairways and greens #boringgolf HA!

Last edited:
Back