#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

oh wow, hadn't even thought of outdoor lessons, what a concept! I actually took one of my remaining golftec lessons today (indoors) and actually had a putting lesson! i was resistant to it at first, but man a few new little swing thoughts on things i "thought" i was doing right, but always had a bit of uncertainty in my head...feel alot more confident now. i feel really good about my putting game right now, which was average at best last year. i plan on stealing a few holes this April from 20+ feet out :)

oh wow, hadn't even thought of outdoor lessons, what a concept! I actually took one of my remaining golftec lessons today (indoors) and actually had a putting lesson! i was resistant to it at first, but man a few new little swing thoughts on things i "thought" i was doing right, but always had a bit of uncertainty in my head...feel alot more confident now. i feel really good about my putting game right now, which was average at best last year. i plan on stealing a few holes this April from 20+ feet out :)

Steal a few for me too ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another good evening of practice for me tonight. 2 days in a row outside. I've been waiting for this all winter.

So we are in the final stretch of this. Who does everyone have to win this event? I know for sure that Harrys team will be crowned king. #ImWithHarry

So we are in the final stretch of this. Who does everyone have to win this event? I know for sure that Harrys team will be crowned king. #ImWithHarry

You need to change dresses er cheer leader costumes hoss :thumb:

You need to change dresses er cheer leader costumes hoss :thumb:

Winners stick together. And I will be cheering on Team Harry

I canceled my lesson today and rescheduled for tomorrow. Ok my coach canceled yesterday and I canceled today. Tomorrow we will get this done, promise. I worked on my putting for hour today and will work on it for another hour tonight on our birdie ball practice green. I'm bonding with a counter balanced putter now and the results are extremely positive. I'm heading out into the yard to hit wedge shots into a pasture. Short game for the win :bomb:

I canceled my lesson today and rescheduled for tomorrow. Ok my coach canceled yesterday and I canceled today. Tomorrow we will get this done, promise. I worked on my putting for hour today and will work on it for another hour tonight on our birdie ball practice green. I'm bonding with a counter balanced putter now and the results are extremely positive. I'm heading out into the yard to hit wedge shots into a pasture. Short game for the win :bomb:

What putter OG??

What putter OG??

:taylormade:Daddy Long Legs will be my gamer for The King :thumb: I was becoming seriously paranoid about what putter to work with for my preparation. Now that the putter choice is out of the equation, I'm putting some serious wedge practice in. I just came in from working an hour on 45 - 60 yard pitch shots around my home. Being in the country with tons of land all around us and a shag bag full of balls has benefits. I must say it's paying dividends.

:taylormade:Daddy Long Legs will be my gamer for The King :thumb: I was becoming seriously paranoid about what putter to work with for my preparation. Now that the putter choice is out of the equation, I'm putting some serious wedge practice in. I just came in from working an hour on 45 - 60 yard pitch shots around my home. Being in the country with tons of land all around us and a shag bag full of balls has benefits. I must say it's paying dividends.

Dang OG I need to come hang at your place for a little bit :thumb:

Tough afternoon on the course. 47/44 for 91 at Long Bay Club, a Nicklaus design. Hit 11 fwys but only 3 greens. Jack makes his greens tough! Got to get better with the approach shots!

I hear ya. I have 18 acres so I can practice whatever I want. Or at least whatever I want to shag.

Tough afternoon on the course. 47/44 for 91 at Long Bay Club, a Nicklaus design. Hit 11 fwys but only 3 greens. Jack makes his greens tough! Got to get better with the approach shots!

I had an iffy afternoon yesterday as well with a 40/46 86. The short game just couldn't get it done and there we're numerous chips on and then two putts. Made me sick especially after driving the ball extremely well.

Dang OG I need to come hang at your place for a little bit :thumb:

Come on down bruther! Several hundred acres of land but my focus is on the 40 to 70 yard range . We have some flags that came with our wireless dog fence. I'm going to have KellyBo shoot me some yardages and then mark em with the little flags.

40 - 50 - 60 - 70 yard shots every day weather permitting until it's automatic?⛳️. Five balls in a ten foot circle on each flag and then move to the next yardage until I'm satisfied.

Someone made a post today that I will focus on until my mission is complete.

Come on down bruther! Several hundred acres of land but my focus is on the 40 to 70 yard range . We have some flags that came with our wireless dog fence. I'm going to have KellyBo shoot me some yardages and then mark em with the little flags.

40 - 50 - 60 - 70 yard shots every day weather permitting until it's automatic⛳️. Five balls in a ten foot circle on each flag and then move to the next yardage until I'm satisfied.

Someone made a post today that I will focus on until my mission is complete.

Short game work is what it takes, OG. It's the difference in me shooting in the 80s, and shooting a round in the 70s. 1/2 and 3/4 wedge shots are a must, I have learned, and dialing those shots in can really put the nail in the coffin when you are playing match play type of formats.

Yup short game may not be sexiest thing to work on, but probably the most important. Just ordered the SC100 swing caddie launch monitor to dial in those sub 100 yard shots. Really looking forward to the random mode where it picks a distance and you shoot to it. My goal is to make partial shots my strength, as last year it was my glaring weakness.

Also, going to use the launch monitor readings as affirmation that I get plenty of distance with an in control, 80% type of driver swing. Where EVERY hole is now going to count in #theKing scoring format, I do NOT want to throw away holes with OB or hazard drop drives. It's just a killer.

Yup short game may not be sexiest thing to work on, but probably the most important. Just ordered the SC100 swing caddie launch monitor to dial in those sub 100 yard shots. Really looking forward to the random mode where it picks a distance and you shoot to it. My goal is to make partial shots my strength, as last year it was my glaring weakness.

Also, going to use the launch monitor readings as affirmation that I get plenty of distance with an in control, 80% type of driver swing. Where EVERY hole is now going to count in #theKing scoring format, I do NOT want to throw away holes with OB or hazard drop drives. It's just a killer.
Awesome plan you have to get it dialed in. Im right there with ya on being consistent off the tee. Looking back through my rounds, all of my blow up holes all started with a missed tee shot/penalty off the tee.

No point in setting myself behind the 8-ball with the first swing of the hole.

The OB tee shots are my number 1 focus prior to The King. Considering the formats we will be playing its basically throwing the hole (and the point) away.
100 and in will be getting a lot of attention as well. I have moments of brilliance followed by complete stupidity with those shots.

The point every hole adds such a unique aspect to the event. Even if you're down 3 or 4 with say 2 to play, those last two holes are still HUGE

I'm pretty excited about my short game this year. Been using the Pelz method for basically 75 in, and have been having good success at the dome. Of course that is on mats inside, but I've got the shot down. I work on it most evenings, even if just for a little bit. I start and end every practice session with 3/4, 1/2, and 1/4 inch wedge shots. I just need to get the ball to that point in fewer shots. Very pumped how close this is getting. Question, since War and Panda are so close, you guys are going to join in on the Thursday / Friday rounds, yes?

THP #theking #imwithchad

I went out and bought a chipping net and a small mat, so I can chip out in the grass out front, even when it's soggy like today. I was only able to work for a half hour after work tonight, but this is definitely going to help with those touchy shots near the greens.

I had a $200 gift certificate from work during the holidays to Gander Mountain. Didn't know what to use it towards, until JB posted more pictures from his GoPro. Turns out they sell them online so bingo!

It will be fun to incorporate it into the experience. Between mine, Chad's and JB's.... should be a well photographed event!

I had a $200 gift certificate from work during the holidays to Gander Mountain. Didn't know what to use it towards, until JB posted more pictures from his GoPro. Turns out they sell them online so bingo!

It will be fun to incorporate it into the experience. Between mine, Chad's and JB's.... should be a well photographed event!
That's awesome, #TheKing coverage via a GoPro, sounds perfect!!!

Super jealous, I want one of those pretty bad

Super jealous, I want one of those pretty bad

I would love to have one of the GoPro cameras my self. I had a flip cam that was cool for load small videos, doing reviews, etc. and it finally kicked the bucket so one day I will bag myself a new camera/video cam.

Back