Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best shot of my round was an 8 foot par putt on 18! It sealed my match and gave me a W. There were some other good shots but all my putts over 6 feet were lipping out and I was having issues closing it out. If I missed it my opponent would have leveled it and we would have headed to extra holes. Huge relief to finally see one drop!

With 258 yards left to a par 5, I banged my 3 wood to within 2 yards of the green.
This was going into about a 10 mph wind in 45 degree temps.

To finish the hole...
Almost made the chip, tap in bird.

Par 3 183 yards to 3 feet

During my round on Sunday at La Canada Golf club in Monterey, CA on the 17th hole (iirc) this was my third shot look about ~80yds to the pin.

IMG_4118.jpg

And this was the result of a punched 5 iron

IMG_4132.jpg

I was happy for several reasons, mainly that the club choice was right (for me) I hit the shot I intended in the manner I intended and feel it wasn't blind stupid luck ( a common occurrence for me) . SO all ego aside i was pleased . This shot was made possible by "listening" to the people of this forum and learning to take the shots that make sense and practice practice practice.

In case you can't tell I was very happy!

Last drive on 18 - ripped it about 280 with the roll out.

Had a horrible round, but was nice to finish with my best drive of the day.

Hole 5 at my home course.. 280 yards to the front of the green 304 to the back of the green.. The drive was a really good draw that wasn't intended but the result was awesome! Check out a picture taken from the back of the green:
ta9uryhu.jpg

The tee is situated 304 yards in the direction of the ball and the flag. It's also 25 yards elevated from the green/fairway.. But seriously who needs fairways anyway? ;)

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

Yesterday #18 360 yd Par 4 and I just missed the fairway right with the 3 hybrid. I'm under a tree and had to play a knock down shot with a 9i from 140 yds. I lost sight of the ball for a moment and thought I was way short as it brushed a hanging branch. To my surprise it landed on the front of the green and rolled out to 15 ft from the flag. I missed the bird but it was gratifying to pull off that shot.

Yesterday #18 360 yd Par 4 and I just missed the fairway right with the 3 hybrid. I'm under a tree and had to play a knock down shot with a 9i from 140 yds. I lost sight of the ball for a moment and thought I was way short as it brushed a hanging branch. To my surprise it landed on the front of the green and rolled out to 15 ft from the flag. I missed the bird but it was gratifying to pull off that shot.

It's those kind of shots that makes me continue this awesome game! The ones you never thought would succeed and the ones that becomes better than what you ever thought you could pull of! :D

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

I went out with my 5 hybrid just to go hit a couple of shots. I went to hole 17 which is a par 3 about 160 yards first, and I dropped the ball down as far back as I could, took a practice swing and then hit this shot about 5 feet past the hole. I figured that was good enough so I quit.

u2u7y6e5.jpg

290 yard par 4, mainly across left to right, slightly from behind. My drive ended up pin high to the right of the green

184 yard par 3 pulled the 4h into a head wind put in 10 feet from the hole and knocked it in for birdie.

My tee shot on hole 14, a 513 yard par 5. It was playing slightly downwind and there is a downslope about 280 yards out. I managed to flush my old Mizuno Mp 630 driver and clear the crest of the hill. I only had 174 left to the flag and was able to hit a 7 iron on the green for an easy two putt birdie. I've been a member 5 years and it is the longest drive I've ever hit on that hole.

Third shot on the par 4 first. I missed the green left, and my ball was on top of a leaf. 15 yards to carry to the green and another 15 to the flag. Sand wedge pitch landed about a yard on and rolled out to 1 foot. Kick in par.

e5a6uda7.jpg

8 iron, 160 yards.

Well, on the 9th hole I put a 7 iron to about 5 feet on a par 3 with a bit of a side/trailing wind from 160. Then on the 14th hole I put an 8 iron to four feet on a par 3 into the wind with water left and bunkers/trees right. But then on the 15th I put a PW right at the flag, rolled over the hole narrowly missing an eagle, to three feet. Kept getting better. That's a good problem to have! (I missed all the birdies thanks to the crappy, bumpy greens, though!)

Par 5 18th hole. Promptly stuck my drive against the front lip of the fairway bunker. Managed to blast it out & advance it a little ways, but still had 230 to the green. The shot was directly into a stiff wind & I had to carry it about 200 yards to clear the river.

Bust out the TM 2011 Rescue 16* & Blammo! Just under pin high & putting for bird (which I missed).

15 foot Birdie putt to halve the hole in match play--not a tough putt normally, but was by far my best today with the pressure on it.

17th hole, par 3, 137 yards. Plays between two hills, greens were extremely fast today. First shot hits just before the front of the green and it rolls downhill onto a ledge about five feet down. Second shot, a chip, places it about ~15-20 feet uphill. For par, a soft putt that I barely tapped but played the break just right. Picked up speed downhill, and rolled in for par. It was declared by my playing partners as the "putt of the day". I'll take it!

Yesterday the best shot of my round came on a short par 4 14th. In our match, Bret (golf4life) had hit his M1 into the right greenside bunker. After I just put a horrible swing on my tee shot I proceeded to top the second shot, leaving me with an uphill 120 yard shot to a pin tucked right behind said bunker.

Pulled my PW and caught one flush, with a nice high baby draw, right at the stick. Landed 10 feet left of the flag and spun right, settling to about 6 inches from the cup. Routine par. :alien:

Last edited:
Par 3, 161yds into a right to left headwind and I stuck a 6-iron to this

IMAG0040_zps3sokel9q.jpg

Unfortunately I missed the birdie putt - downhill right to left putt that didn't break quite as much as I was expecting but ended up with a tap-in par

I did have another shot that ended up even better but according to Preston I can't use it as it wasn't intentional.....

Par 4, 410yds into a headwind and I didn't hit the drive very well and it ballooned a bit in the wind, but was still in the fairway with around 190-200yds to go to a green below the level of where my tee shot landed with a ditch running across about 50yds short of the green

I took my 5w and didn't quite hit it cleanly and ended up with a low screamer that landed short left of the green and chased down the left to right slope onto the green and finished here....

IMAG0041_zpsdek3sdxx.jpg

Again, I mis-read the putt but still walked off with a par

55' putt to save par on the 8th hole of a team 4-ball match play. Putt put us 2up to close out the front nine.

Got out of the cold weather and played the Wolf course at Pauite golf club in Vegas last week. Hit a pull into the rough at 18 leaving about 240 to the hole. Hit a 3 wood pure to 10 feet and made the birdie putt. I decided to play another 18 on the Sun course right afterwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played my first round of the year Saturday. Best shot was a recovery after leaving my approach shot well right, sitting on a bank just past a green side bunker. I pitched it to 2 feet from about 50 feet away and saved par.

Playing #15 on Cabo del Sol Ocean course and hit a great 3 wood of the tee (my driver is in an extended time out) and had 212 to pin that was upfront. Hit a smooth 5 wood that landed about 4 yards short one hopped and rolled to 6 feet. Of course I missed the eagle putt but it was a tap birdie.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back