Grandaddy Success Question....

Yea, I practiced in any time I could and have a decent amount of MP experience, but we didn't play together more than a time or two at most. In a perfect world we'd have been next door neighbors, but that's obviously not reality.

Yea, I practiced in any time I could and have a decent amount of MP experience, but we didn't play together more than a time or two at most. In a perfect world we'd have been next door neighbors, but that's obviously not reality.

I just meant MP in general, but that's a good point; you think more playing time together would have been beneficial? Do you think MP before the event was useful?

Taps away

Interesting thread. Something I'm curious about. How often did guys from the DT practice straight up match play before the event? If often, do you think that helped? Just wondering how one could go about sharpening up their game for match play since I'd say it can get much different than stroke play.

Taps away

I did practice some matchplay. And I think it helped a bit with a mental approach to how to play that format. But you just can't practice being in the situation and who you would play against. That's the nature of the beast though. You prepare for what you can and then let everything go and play the hand you were dealt.

I just meant MP in general, but that's a good point; you think more playing time together would have been beneficial? Do you think MP before the event was useful?

Taps away

Absolutely it would have been beneficial. I basically had to guess how to group people together based on posts on the internet, and some phone/text convesations.

I also think any match play you can get in (with something on the line) is great. Something that makes you feel a little pressure. It won't truly compare most likely, but having to make a three foot putt with a little pressure is a good feeling to get used to.

Back