Damoegan

Reaction score
Handicap
Talk to me about tip trimming (iron shafts) please!

I'm currently looking for a set of stiff shafts (S300) but money is a little tight so.........

I've been contemplating shortening my irons a touch, so I've been thinking of tipping my current iron shafts to kill two birds with one stone!

Are you looking to lower ball flight?

What is your set makeup and are you just looking for the DG s300 or the Dynalite S300?

Yes, trying to lower ball flight a little, JB..

Niteowl, I've tried DG S300 and PX6.0 and really loved the S300. Not tried the Dynalite's yet..

Are the shafts you are thinking about tip trimming the stock Burner shafts?

What shafts are you currently using that will be tipped?

Yes, stock Burner reg shafts..

You're not going to make S300's out of those shafts, even by tipping them. They are almost 50g lighter and flighted. I'd save the effort and just save your pennies.

You're not going to make S300's out of those shafts, even by tipping them. They are almost 50g lighter and flighted. I'd save the effort and just save your pennies.

Hawk posted exactly what I was going to post.

Yea, I realise that I would never make them to S300 spec but I was just thinking to firm them up while I look for a pulled set of S300..

Sorry, I still don't think it's worth the effort. Nothing stopping you though.

Yea, I realise that I would never make them to S300 spec but I was just thinking to firm them up while I look for a pulled set of S300..

I would just hold out until you can get a set of S300 it could make it worse and use alot of your effort for something you are goung to remove any way

Have you looked on eBay? There are a lot of them out there for less than $50 and if you are patient you could pick up a set for less than $20.

Edit:
Just saw that you live in the UK, but there should still be plenty of options for a cheap set...

Quick update..

I picked up a set of stiff flex True Temper Black Gold's for £35 off the bay :D

The black Gold's are about 30g heavier then the stock Burner shafts and a touch shorter (4i & 5i are -.5" and the rest are -.25"). Installed them last week and had my second range session with them today.

Night and day difference! Really nice ball flight with no ballooning, better feel and tighter dispersion. Think I even gained a few yards too...

Plus, this was my first set of irons that I have re shafted myself and none of the heads have come off yet :banana:

Back