Scramble at The Legacy in SE MI

I don't think it really matters. It's just for fun and I really don't think teams are that bad. It's a scramble and not a stroke play event. Anything can happen in a scramble.

I'll see if I can negotiate us getting some strokes ahead of time

FWIW, at this time here are the groupings I have. Subject to change if anyone really has an issue:

(golf3rguy) + 1
(PhillyV)
Adam Hartzell

rbarthle17 + 1
(OhioMatt)
(DavidWinchell)

(tpluff)
(GregDan)
(mikedean441)
(Robman7)

(Bullfrog) + Brock

(Michigan Slice)
TyJohnston

Are these the teams or have they been switched up since?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump to see if we can hit the 20 mark. It would be awesome to have half the field be THP teams.

Bump to see if we can hit the 20 mark. It would be awesome to have half the field be THP teams.

Well deserved too. We have a few on the interested list: Manlai, mmaynard, mbowker (+1)

Those guys could certainly make a great team themselves! We will have to see how things shake out though.

Unfortunately after speaking with the wife and the events are occurring that week I have to pass on this one. Still great to see so many THPers converging on Mich in April.

Someone bring home the championship!

Unfortunately after speaking with the wife and the events are occurring that week I have to pass on this one. Still great to see so many THPers converging on Mich in April.

Someone bring home the championship!
Would have love to have met you but family is first!

OK, I'm in, but my +1 has to work. But fear not, I may be able to scrounge up a long drive guy if his wife will let him.

OK, I'm in, but my +1 has to work. But fear not, I may be able to scrounge up a long drive guy if his wife will let him.

Noted! Let's get foursome #5 finished THP!

First post updated with latest changes.

1. Who will get the most from being in the group directly behind the pink team. :alien:

This should be number 1. But then again, I think we all will. :clown:

I cannot wait, seeing THP come together like this, it really makes me smile!

We will have a lot of fun! that much is guaranteed!

Okay, so it seems I opened up a can of worms here on the groupings, and for that I apologize to all of you. I now understand why JB asks for handicaps.

I think it fair to everyone as a whole group if we take a JB-like approach to the groupings to make all the teams fair. But we can still do that with being mindful of people's playing preferences where possible. I've gotten some assistance on that front and am greatly appreciative for it.

At this point it's looking like we may get one more team in max, so things are starting to stabilize in terms of who is attending. It seems that most everyone has said that while they have people they'd like to play with, that whoever they end up with they will be fine. I am thankful to all of you for that.

I'll probably wait out the weekend to see if we can get that 5th group, and then at that point make up the groupings with the following order of priority:

1. Keeping +1s together (right now that is golf3rguy and me)
  2. Overall team handicaps
  3. Playing partner preferences
  4. Who will get the most from being in the group directly behind the pink team. :alien:

This seems to be the most fair.

Again, my apologies for making this much more of a mess than it should have been. Lesson learned for future endeavors!

I see your argument, but this isn't an official event. This is a group of buddies takin a road trip to a scramble. So without sounding rude or harsh, if were making the trip to this to support whatever the cause may be, shouldn't we be able to have a say in who we play with? I have nothing against playing with new people or trying to make things as even as you think they can be. But let's be honest here. I've yet to play a single round to see where my game is. Only a couple range sessions. I may as well be a 15 index. But if I have a couple of friends who will be making the drive with me and they wanna play with me, I think that's something that shouldn't be an issue. This will be my last post on this topic because I don't see this topic going anywhere constructive. I'm really looking forward to going to this and seeing everyone so lets not ruin that by arguing how "fair" the teams are

Dang its getting way too serious in here

Lol that's what I'm saying. I think we should all focus on the most important part of this. Where are we meeting for breakfast?

Okay, so it seems I opened up a can of worms here on the groupings, and for that I apologize to all of you. I now understand why JB asks for handicaps.

I think it fair to everyone as a whole group if we take a JB-like approach to the groupings to make all the teams fair. But we can still do that with being mindful of people's playing preferences where possible. I've gotten some assistance on that front and am greatly appreciative for it.

At this point it's looking like we may get one more team in max, so things are starting to stabilize in terms of who is attending. It seems that most everyone has said that while they have people they'd like to play with, that whoever they end up with they will be fine. I am thankful to all of you for that.

I'll probably wait out the weekend to see if we can get that 5th group, and then at that point make up the groupings with the following order of priority:

1. Keeping +1s together (right now that is golf3rguy and me)
  2. Overall team handicaps
  3. Playing partner preferences
  4. Who will get the most from being in the group directly behind the pink team. :alien:

This seems to be the most fair.

Again, my apologies for making this much more of a mess than it should have been. Lesson learned for future endeavors!
I'm the one who should be apologizing. Thinking about this last night I believe PhillyV is absolutley correct. This is a fun, non-THP sponsored event and people should be able to play with who they want. I really want this to be a fun event for all the THPers who are travelling in and didn't mean to cause this big of an uproar.

Scramble at The Legacy in SE MI

Mmmmhmmmm

I am in the same boat. Teams don't need to be fair. I have never showed up to an outing and told the director that the teams aren't even and they need to be.

Lol that's what I'm saying. I think we should all focus on the most important part of this. Where are we meeting for breakfast?

This course is literally in the middle of no where. If memory serves me correctly, I think that exit off 23 has a Pilot Travel center with a McDonalds. No Denny's or nothing out that way.

Ok so were back to 20 sunshine skillets and 5 gallons of coffee. Works for me

Post deleted. I'm doing my best here. Sorry guys. Didn't mean to be a downer. Breakfast sounds good!

you guys better lockdown breakfast asap or im staying home

This course is literally in the middle of no where. If memory serves me correctly, I think that exit off 23 has a Pilot Travel center with a McDonalds. No Denny's or nothing out that way.
This is correct. There is a McDonalds and a Burger King not to far away. The best we could do would be to meet in Toledo. There are many more options there and it is about 15 - 20 mins south of the course.

Hey, there's a McDonalds, a Burger King, AND a Big Daddy's Truck Stop! Choices abound!

Back