Super Stroke Flatso vs Super Stroke

Misike

Live in the Present
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I haven't seen or held the new super stroke Flatso grips, but like the idea of having more of a pistol grip shape. I currently use either a super stroke 1.0 or 2.0. The 1.0 is just a tad small, the 2.0 just a tad big. The Flatso 1.1 is supposed to be in between those sizes. Anyone use the Flatso style grip? Do you like it? Better or worse for you then the normal super stroke grips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im also interested in this. I haven't had a chance to hold the flatso yet

Flatso is more "traditional" with the flat front. Though, it is extremely flat. I wasn't a fan of the corner like edges transitioning from the curved back into the flat front, but it will be a personal thing. If I wanted a large traditional style flat front putter grip, I'm not sure I would pick the Flatso, but I should note I'm a fan of the rounded style of a normal SS.

THP should have some more info on the Flatso line soon I believe...

I haven't seen or held the new super stroke Flatso grips, but like the idea of having more of a pistol grip shape. I currently use either a super stroke 1.0 or 2.0. The 1.0 is just a tad small, the 2.0 just a tad big. The Flatso 1.1 is supposed to be in between those sizes. Anyone use the Flatso style grip? Do you like it? Better or worse for you then the normal super stroke grips?

Flog2424 is using the Flatso. I rolled a putt or two with it and I have to say I like how it feels.

If you are interested in trying a larger sized tapered/pistol style grip, have a look at the WinnPro 1.18. I am currently using this grip and I like the feel of it much better than the flatter SS grips.

If you are interested in trying a larger sized tapered/pistol style grip, have a look at the WinnPro 1.18. I am currently using this grip and I like the feel of it much better than the flatter SS grips.

Thanks for the advice. I see its a little smaller than the super stroke 2.0. Will have to give it a look see.

I recently started using the flatso and my overall impressions so far are good. It has more of the traditional feel to it which I like. I haven't had enough time with it to give it my full recommendation yet but I am leaning towards keeping it on there for an extended period of time

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I had a chance to mess around with one of these in Golfsmith recently. I've got SuperStrokes 3.0 and 2.0 on all my putters but I've got to admit I liked how this fit in between the SS 1.0 and 2.0. I just got another putter today via trade and I think I'm going to try out the WinnProX.

Let us know how the WinnProX compares if you do end up trying it.

it's such a personal thing. I like the normal superstroke shape (I use the ultraslim 1.0), but I tend toward the smaller end or it feels like I lose control of the putter head with so much weight in the grip. I haven't tried the flatso, but I'm really happy with what I have. I'd say if you miss that flatter grip, give it a try.

Well I opted out of the WinnProX. I tried it at Golfsmith today and just didn't fall in love with it enough to put it on the Betti. I ended up going with the SS 2.0 instead.

I have SS 1.0 on most of mine, and a SS 2.0 on a mfgp2. I think a 1.0 is too small for the mfgp2, but 2.0 too big. May have to try out the Flatso 1.1

I just installed my new Flatso on the seemore fgp--will see how it goes in play--love it on birdieball green.

Ive held the Fatso and didnt like it. Its just too big for me and I cant imagine that there is much feel with it. I think that if you have big hands or have issues with being really wristy, I could see where it might be a good option but for me it didnt work.

Ive held the Fatso and didnt like it. Its just too big for me and I cant imagine that there is much feel with it. I think that if you have big hands or have issues with being really wristy, I could see where it might be a good option but for me it didnt work.

They are talking about the FLatso and not the standard Fatso FWIW. I agree on the fatso though, HUUUUUGE.

One of these just came in for review actually, I'll be putting a new thread up tomorrow Ward, feel free to join in with thoughts then dude.

I tried a flatso and a regular slim 3.0. I loved both. However, something about the flatso just seemed "right." I'm still really looking to regrip with a Super Stroke on my GEL putter. I think that would be a winning combination.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I prefer a larger grip, myself.

They are talking about the FLatso and not the standard Fatso FWIW. I agree on the fatso though, HUUUUUGE.

One of these just came in for review actually, I'll be putting a new thread up tomorrow Ward, feel free to join in with thoughts then dude.

Looking forward to this review. And I agree, it can be easy to confuse FLATso vs. FATSo, since the Flatso is so new.

will do. Definitely prefer Flatso to fatso already?

I went from a 5.0 to a 2.0 recently and love the results so far... The Flatso intrigues me too... I might switch to that one at some point...

Dax

My bad, coach...

Looking forward to your post today Jman, should be a good one.

I used a superstroke 3.0 all last season, and bought a flatso ultra slim off the bay about a month ago. Love the way it feels. Matches a heavy putter head perfectly for me.

Back