Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 Driver Preview

I,love low bullets..those high floaters stink...imo

excited, will update how I like it

If the XCG6 doesn't work, keep an eye on the XCG7. The Beta head is even lower spinning that the SLDR. Talk about the need to loft up! If I were a higher swing speed player, this is exactly what I would game.

As someone who hits high floaters, there are pros and cons. The pro is that they typically stay in play. The con is that they're short in dry conditions. It stinks to hit a beautiful high floater and then walk up and have someone's nasty mole burner be within 10 yards.

I just got the 6 .. Hit it like a bullet low..love it. Unfortunately , it didn't come with a wrench :(.. So it was stuck on neutral. But I hit nice ..low..slight push.. So maybe neutral will be fine

love the flight of the ball

thanks for posting this thread... Found a good driver for sure

now to get a wrench

I have a wierd feeling this will get some updates on Saturday!!

I just got driver off of ebay...do you think I can get a wrench from exotics themselves?

but I have to say..neutral hits it pretty good for me..but would like to try open option

I just got driver off of ebay...do you think I can get a wrench from exotics themselves?

but I have to say..neutral hits it pretty good for me..but would like to try open option
It uses the same wrench as Taylormade, Callaway & I think Cobra as well.

I have a wierd feeling this will get some updates on Saturday!!
There will definitely be updates. Good or bad I couldn't tell you, but there will be updates.

Thanks again Aaron for the club work.

Just throwing in my .02. The combo you are putting together is the same combo I game. I absolutely love this driver. I hit every driver on the market when I bought this one. It out preformed them all in overall distance and dispersion. Let me know if you want to borrow my wrench to play around with the settings. I will shoot it out to you.

^^^^Just Tapped That

Called exotics,,and they are sending me a free wrench,, talked to customer service rep for a few minutes about the driver.. Real class act there,.and this guy knew his golf equipment.. He said open with this driver is the way to go..

cool stuff.. Maybe a set of irons in the works from them..

mm

thanks for promoting this...love the flight..

Called exotics,,and they are sending me a free wrench,, talked to customer service rep for a few minutes about the driver.. Real class act there,.and this guy knew his golf equipment.. He said open with this driver is the way to go..

cool stuff.. Maybe a set of irons in the works from them..

mm

thanks for promoting this...love the flight..
Glad you liked it.

I got my first round in with the AD Tour 40 in my 10.5* head. While I can't say that I got a lot more height, I definitely got more pop. I had a couple of drives today that put me in places I hadn't been before.

Can't wait to try my friends 12* head with this shaft. Bombs away!

Ok. Second full day with driver in practice.. This thing goes so so so low...wow.. Don't have to worry about radars picking up this thing.. My flight is a low low fade now. Yesterday was weak low push right... But gave it a good go again today, and I still like it. I had a 7 degree driver in high school, this literally goes way way lower. Almost like I'm punching under a tree...amazing. I have to wait a little with this ..if I get to aggressive early, I weak flair low right it. After a dozen balls, I started seeing the flight I like. I'm thinking this might be too low ball flight... A 9.5 stiff shaft. Tool to change settings will be here later in the week. I'm hoping opening face will add some loft or even the u setting might do it

if you want to hit it low, this is the club..wow..

Ok. Second full day with driver in practice.. This thing goes so so so low...wow.. Don't have to worry about radars picking up this thing.. My flight is a low low fade now. Yesterday was weak low push right... But gave it a good go again today, and I still like it. I had a 7 degree driver in high school, this literally goes way way lower. Almost like I'm punching under a tree...amazing. I have to wait a little with this ..if I get to aggressive early, I weak flair low right it. After a dozen balls, I started seeing the flight I like. I'm thinking this might be too low ball flight... A 9.5 stiff shaft. Tool to change settings will be here later in the week. I'm hoping opening face will add some loft or even the u setting might do it

if you want to hit it low, this is the club..wow..
Well that's what you said you were looking for. LOL

Can't wait to stick the 12* head on the Graphite Design shaft & see what that combo gives me. I'll have 2 rounds with it before I have to decide whether I'm going to use it in the Lake Charles Invitational.

Well that's what you said you were looking for. LOL

Can't wait to stick the 12* head on the Graphite Design shaft & see what that combo gives me. I'll have 2 rounds with it before I have to decide whether I'm going to use it in the Lake Charles Invitational.

i want to see how this goes on the course...it is easy to hit.and I did want to hit lower ...lol

your right..I got what I asked for. I can play this club, just a big adjustment to the eyes

My experiment with the 12* head & AD Tour 40 wasn't a success.

The combo brought my spin up to 4200 & robbed me of some distance. I'll be trying the Ad Tour 40 w/ my 10.5* head to see what kind of results that produces.

Any more on this? You can nab them for pretty cheap right now. Almost want to take the flyer on one before going all in on a $400 model.

Any more on this? You can nab them for pretty cheap right now. Almost want to take the flyer on one before going all in on a $400 model.

Its not very forgiving but it's a beast and low spin with great ball speed and a nice sound and feel. That's from my memories with it. I wouldn't hesitate to take a low cost flyer on it at all.

I've been interested in this one from the get go. I've been looking for something with a bit lower ball flight, and I'm admittedly an Exotics homer. I picked one up and it showed up today.

Wow, what a sweet looking stick! Pictures don't do this thing justice. Visually this is the most attractive of the 30+ drivers I've owned.

I've not had a chance to hit balls with it yet, but took a few swipes in the yard. The Ozik feels fairly stout to me. This might be too low launch/low spin for my swing. I'm sure I'll quickly shift to the closed setting with +1 in loft.

I actually blew the dust off of my XCG6 the other night to compare it to the Big Bertha. The XCG6 was longer...and that is saying A LOT!

The XCG6 is a low spin bomber, and boy is this thing gonna excel when the fairways are dry - it launches mid to low missiles that roll for days. The interesting thing for me is that on line, it seems to be pretty accurate for me despite the low spin. Will be continuing to test at the range for a bit and see if I want to try gaming it. Really attractive driver though, and I like the stock Ozik shaft - gives that nice low to mid flight without being rebar-y.

Only negative is it sounds like a damn kitchen pot haha. But if it continues to perform, I can get over that in a hot minute!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The XCG6 is a low spin bomber, and boy is this thing gonna excel when the fairways are dry - it launches mid to low missiles that roll for days. The interesting thing for me is that on line, it seems to be pretty accurate for me despite the low spin. Will be continuing to test at the range for a bit and see if I want to try gaming it. Really attractive driver though, and I like the stock Ozik shaft - gives that nice low to mid flight without being rebar-y.

Only negative is it sounds like a damn kitchen pot haha. But if it continues to perform, I can get over that in a hot minute!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

+1 to all of this other than the sound. To me, it's right in the middle of the sound spectrum. Of the three drivers that I currently own, the XCG6 is not the best and not the worst.

Spin wise though, this is the lowest spinning head that I have personally owned. I think it's a great combination if you want a low spin/loft up head.

+1 to all of this other than the sound. To me, it's right in the middle of the sound spectrum. Of the three drivers that I currently own, the XCG6 is not the best and not the worst.

Spin wise though, this is the lowest spinning head that I have personally owned. I think it's a great combination if you want a low spin/loft up head.

I'll agree, it does sound better than the R11S I have for sure. I may be a little unfairly harsh, since the Bertha is pretty much the best sounding head I know of and I'm comparing directly to that.

For sure lowest spinning head I own - probably the lowest I'd ever consider owning too. Very low spin heads I've hit (BBA, SLDR, etc.) have not really worked out for me. This one toes the line pretty nicely though, which adds up to some nice rollout.

Looking into the hybrids to compliment my irons. Need a 3 and 4. I think I hit the 5i well enough to not need the 5h.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking into the hybrids to compliment my irons. Need a 3 and 4. I think I hit the 5i well enough to not need the 5h.

Deuce: I think they'd make great distance hybrids. I'm not sure how they'd work as gap fillers. I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.

I'll agree, it does sound better than the R11S I have for sure. I may be a little unfairly harsh, since the Bertha is pretty much the best sounding head I know of and I'm comparing directly to that.

For me, my all time sound and feel winner is the Callaway FT series. If I have one of those in the stable, everything else sounds and feels terrible by comparison. I currently don't. The XHot feels great, but the sound isn't as good as those FTs, so thus the XCG6 seems more average.

This thing got some serious love in my round Sunday with golf4life, checkered, and g4l's brother Brady. G4L and his bro both hit this bad boy a couple of times, and had nothing but positive things to say about the look, feel, and weighting of the club from the get go. And the performance for them only improved their impressions. Brady didn't make the best swing and ended up with a little drop kick, but still got a very respectable amount of distance - he was surprised it got out as far as it did. G4L's first swing with it was decent, a slight push but with solid distance. The second swing though was absolutely BOMBED - as soon as we heard it it was obvious it was crushed. He immediately remarked that he thought it was probably one of the longest drives he'd ever hit - and that is saying something coming from a guy who games the Alpha.

Suffice it to say, this thing is a major under the radar winner as long as you don't have problems getting the ball in the air.

Suffice it to say, this thing is a major under the radar winner as long as you don't have problems getting the ball in the air.

And that's the key. You need to be able to get the ball up in the air, have some swing speed, or really loft up.

I am letting my friend borrow mine who is a high swing speed player (110 MPH consistently with the driver) who puts a massive ascending blow on the ball. He's been fitted into a 7.5 degree 913 with a stiff high end Mitsu shaft (not sure of the actual model). The 9 degree XCG6 with the Matrix is launching it lower.

And that's the key. You need to be able to get the ball up in the air, have some swing speed, or really loft up.

I am letting my friend borrow mine who is a high swing speed player (110 MPH consistently with the driver) who puts a massive ascending blow on the ball. He's been fitted into a 7.5 degree 913 with a stiff high end Mitsu shaft (not sure of the actual model). The 9 degree XCG6 with the Matrix is launching it lower.

Definitely - G4L is around a 110MPH player as well, and he absolutely crushed it. I swing a around 100MPH if everything lines up correctly, but I've never had any issues launching the ball, so the 10.5* is pretty solid for me if I want a nice low-mid trajectory with big rollout - great for dry days and open driving courses. If I want high bombs, I game the Bertha.

Back