SuperStroke Flatso Ultra and Mid-Slim 2.0 - THP Preview

I'm excited to hear your thoughts, James. I know you love the 1.0, as evidenced by the fact that you have so many of them. Personally, I like the extra girth of the 2.0 as I feel it quiets the hands a little bit more, but I've never really even looked at the flatso, so I'll be interested to see how it compares, and which of the 2 you like better.

If you find, please grab
Sorry buddy, i just left. It was the 1.3 that was in 17" and all of those were gone now. They did have the Winn 17" though and quite a few.

edit. I just called my buddy at Edwin watts and he is holding one for me Freddy if you still have my number call me because I lost yours I need to ask you a question about it.

Was an interesting debut, the "home plate" shape (seriously, look at the pics in the first post) was definitely different from the 1.0 I've been using. Actually felt good as far as getting the grip into my fingers and the hard edges allowing my thumbs to rest properly on top of the grip, worked quite well with my SPi grip. Didn't impede the stroke at all and the putter could still release freely. Also, its a good size IMO, much like the SS 1.0's it doesn't feel jumbo, rather just larger than mid and with no taper.

Going to get more work in tomorrow after my lesson and also will be taking the SS 2.0 out too.

That ultra Flatso looks VERY intriguing. I like the much heavier weight. I will definitely have to see if I can try one out soon.

I usually use the Mid-Slim 2.0 so the different shape of the Flatso is the only thing I may not like.

That ultra Flatso looks VERY intriguing. I like the much heavier weight. I will definitely have to see if I can try one out soon.

I usually use the Mid-Slim 2.0 so the different shape of the Flatso is the only thing I may not like.

Its def different as far as shape, but its also familiar, I think it might surprise you. I know it honestly has me.

Its def different as far as shape, but its also familiar, I think it might surprise you. I know it honestly has me.

I think I will get one and give it a go. Can't hurt anything really. It's the perfect size and weight that I prefer so I think the only thing I wouldn't like is the shape.

I must be the only person on the planet who isn't a SS fan. I stuck a 1.0 on my putter and couldn't get on with it at all!!

I must be the only person on the planet who isn't a SS fan. I stuck a 1.0 on my putter and couldn't get on with it at all!!

You aren't alone at all dude, I know JB isn't much of a fan either, so are a lot of guys. For me its all about the lack of a taper, with my grip is just feels so much better to me. But we're all different, that's the beauty of it.

I think I will get one and give it a go. Can't hurt anything really. It's the perfect size and weight that I prefer so I think the only thing I wouldn't like is the shape.

I'm curious to see what you think for sure, its different, but its an interesting different.

The thinner flatso has me intrigued. I like the idea behind it, and in theory it makes sense, but to change the feel of my grip completely would be interesting.

( I bet I said that when the SS first came out too.)

The pentagon design is interesting. I've got to move up in sizes on my SS after my putting lesson today. Might have to give this one a shot.

I've moved up to a 3.0 on my MXM7 & thinking I need to go back to a 2.0. This Flatso has me intrigued. I think I might go find one and put it on.

Looking forward to your continued thoughts Jman.

I like the look of these, but I've gotten very used to the Ultra-slim 1.0. I feel like the round shape lets it sit better in my fingers. I feel like a big landing for my thumbs would encourage them to be more active in steering the club. I reserve all judgement until I actually get my mitts on it, but I think my Odyssey will be getting a Midnight Series Ultra-Slim next month.

I like the look of these, but I've gotten very used to the Ultra-slim 1.0. I feel like the round shape lets it sit better in my fingers. I feel like a big landing for my thumbs would encourage them to be more active in steering the club. I reserve all judgement until I actually get my mitts on it, but I think my Odyssey will be getting a Midnight Series Ultra-Slim next month.

B/C of SPi my grip is in my fingers and way out of the palms, the Flatso IMO might actually aid that even more than the 1.0 did for me thanks to the hard edges of the grip. The thumbs simply rest, they have no increased role in my stroke bc of the flat surface.

Put a Flatso Mid on my old Frankly Frog. I currently use the SS Mid Slim 3.0 on my other putters.
The Flatso felt really nice from the get go. Still undecided if I like the standard SS 3.0 or Flatso best.
Had 5 birdies in a row for the first time in my life yesterday with the Flatso, so it is working.
Read that somebody did not like the ridge in the back of the Flatso, but to me it is not a negative
factor at all, hardly notice it.

B/C of SPi my grip is in my fingers and way out of the palms, the Flatso IMO might actually aid that even more than the 1.0 did for me thanks to the hard edges of the grip. The thumbs simply rest, they have no increased role in my stroke bc of the flat surface.

I also use the SPI finger grip technique. Is there a noticeable size difference between the fatso and the SS 1.0 or is it not that much? Really thinking I need to try a Flatso now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also use the SPI finger grip technique. Is there a noticeable size difference between the fatso and the SS 1.0 or is it not that much? Really thinking I need to try a Flatso now.

Because of the true hard edges on the grip, there is a noticeable difference.

Guy in my SIM league had this new flatso grip. I was surprised at how much I actually liked it.

Really want to try the Flatso Ultra.

I want to try one of these flatso grips. I have 2XL hands, so I'm always looking for a better larger grip.

Sent from my Note 3

Spent some more time with both of these the last couple of days, having played the 2.0 before I knew what to expect there and I think its a solid blend of size and function still, not too big like the FATso's but still enough that it will help stabilize many through the stroke and take the hands out of it. The FLATso has been a real pleasant surprise for me, the hard edges make it a similar yet unique feel alltogether and should surprise/appease those who didn't like the normal SS's because of the roundness of the grip.

This one is going to be a fun little review to write.

I really​ cannot wait until their new colors release as well.

I'm getting a Flatso Ultra installed on my way home tonight. I really like the way it sits in my hands, so I'm REALLY curious to to see how it will relate to actual putting.

I like the 1.0 but it is not perfect for me. Interesting that the Flatso seems to be as well recieved as it is. I would never have thought about even trying something like that but I will check it out.

I like the 1.0 but it is not perfect for me. Interesting that the Flatso seems to be as well recieved as it is. I would never have thought about even trying something like that but I will check it out.

I'm in the same boat as you. It will be interesting to see if the Flatso kicks many 1.0 's off of people's putters.

Back