#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Friday is a def. for me and rounds with everyone. Do we have an extra round thread

I don't believe we do however that would be a good thing to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took my "JB New Course Challenge" today at North Bellingham Golf Course, and it went decent. Shot 44/44 = 88, 6 GIR's, 35 putts, and 8/14 fairways. Not my best round, and there were a few blow ups in there, but I stuck it out and delivered a fairly solid number. Definitely have some work to do, particularly on keeping down through my wedge shots (I hit too many thin ones that hurt bad) and still need some practice putting as always, but I'm finally starting to trend downwards with the new swing. I'm hopeful! Out for practice again tomorrow to tighten up the game even more!

Nice Ryan, is that the course off Meriden? I drove by yesterday looks very nice. I added it to my must play list this year.

Good stuff Ryan. Awesome that you were able to hit up a new course and put up a decent score, and learn a few things in the process.

Nice Ryan, is that the course off Meriden? I drove by yesterday looks very nice. I added it to my must play list this year.

Yes sir, it's on Smith Rd, if you're heading south on Meridian, you turn right onto Smith and it's like right there on your left. Let me know if you come down to play it, I'd love to join you!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Good stuff Ryan. Awesome that you were able to hit up a new course and put up a decent score, and learn a few things in the process.

Man I NEED to get my wedges locked down, cannot be blading wedges over greens in Orlando. Everything else was fairly respectable, but bladed wedges cost me at least 3 strokes on their own... :banghead:

I need to limit the damage a little better on holes that aren't going well too. A couple of times I tried to force it and hit the hero shot, and it did NOT turn out in my favor. But my iron striking was very nice overall, and my driving was solid (only 8 fairways, but 3 of those I missed by only about 1 yard), so if I can fix my wedges and my course management I think I'll be in really good shape.

Man I NEED to get my wedges locked down, cannot be blading wedges over greens in Orlando. Everything else was fairly respectable, but bladed wedges cost me at least 3 strokes on their own... :banghead:

I need to limit the damage a little better on holes that aren't going well too. A couple of times I tried to force it and hit the hero shot, and it did NOT turn out in my favor. But my iron striking was very nice overall, and my driving was solid (only 8 fairways, but 3 of those I missed by only about 1 yard), so if I can fix my wedges and my course management I think I'll be in really good shape.

Maybe something in this thread will help ya :thumb:

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?54752-Decelerate-through-wedge-shots

should get some prep work in this week finally gonna be done my marathon 2 weeks at work on thursday gonna try to go home and sleep and then hit the range if its open then trying to plan to get out and play on Friday with some THPers be good to get back on the course interested to see how the layoff of this winter affects me. Will see how i make out and plan my Putting lesson accordingly. Its good to have something to motivate me to get my game back in shape so quick this year. usually i don't rush it but pressures on a little bit.

should get some prep work in this week finally gonna be done my marathon 2 weeks at work on thursday gonna try to go home and sleep and then hit the range if its open then trying to plan to get out and play on Friday with some THPers be good to get back on the course interested to see how the layoff of this winter affects me. Will see how i make out and plan my Putting lesson accordingly. Its good to have something to motivate me to get my game back in shape so quick this year. usually i don't rush it but pressures on a little bit.

Dude you're a stud and it will show. Have fun getting back out there!

Git R Done Buck!

We are getting 6-12" of snow on Tuesday night... I'm seriously sick of living in the Northeast

I've booked an hour in the sim for thurs though, just want to keep swinging and working through some minor tweaks.

Took my "JB New Course Challenge" today at North Bellingham Golf Course, and it went decent. Shot 44/44 = 88, 6 GIR's, 35 putts, and 8/14 fairways. Not my best round, and there were a few blow ups in there, but I stuck it out and delivered a fairly solid number. Definitely have some work to do, particularly on keeping down through my wedge shots (I hit too many thin ones that hurt bad) and still need some practice putting as always, but I'm finally starting to trend downwards with the new swing. I'm hopeful! Out for practice again tomorrow to tighten up the game even more!

Nothing wrong with this. Especially for this time of year and for a course you haven't played. Keep up the work dude!

That's not a bad place to be man. If you only have one glaring issue that's money. Still have a month to work out the kinks.

I really feel for you guys in the snowy parts of the country as it's been one hell of an awful year! It's finally spring weather down south where we have time out doors to work on improvement.

Git R Done Buck!

We are getting 6-12" of snow on Tuesday night... I'm seriously sick of living in the Northeast

I've booked an hour in the sim for thurs though, just want to keep swinging and working through some minor tweaks.

i heard we might be getting the S word too..... i have a pretty good system i've used for a long time of getting my swing back in shape after the winter every year.... last year was the first time in a long time i didn't take the winter off because of THPMC.... be good to get back to my normal routine and start from the basics and get my swing in shape its always been something i've enjoyed i dunno why i guess the back to the basics and really seeing where my swing is and knowing where i left it is always interested to see whats crept back and where i need to really work on to get back on track

Dude you're a stud and it will show. Have fun getting back out there!

thanks buddy i miss the beard!

I really feel for you guys in the snowy parts of the country as it's been one hell of an awful year! It's finally spring weather down south where we have time out doors to work on improvement.

Dude you have no idea. I know the guys in the North East who are in this will have to press the fast forward button to get ready. I know they will be.

i heard we might be getting the S word too..... i have a pretty good system i've used for a long time of getting my swing back in shape after the winter every year.... last year was the first time in a long time i didn't take the winter off because of THPMC.... be good to get back to my normal routine and start from the basics and get my swing in shape its always been something i've enjoyed i dunno why i guess the back to the basics and really seeing where my swing is and knowing where i left it is always interested to see whats crept back and where i need to really work on to get back on track

Dude, I loved watching your process on the range. I was awed at how detailed and precise it was. I know I learned alot from watching that.

Dude you have no idea. I know the guys in the North East who are in this will have to press the fast forward button to get ready. I know they will be.

Mother Nature takes no prisoners. :beat-up:

Dude, I loved watching your process on the range. I was awed at how detailed and precise it was. I know I learned alot from watching that.

i'm hoping that prep ethic comes back haha i know it will i just need this weather to break i know one things i'd happily lose one of the matches if its as great of a match as ours was in the morgan cup. i've never ever been that ok with losing but when you give it 110% and lose on 18 like that with almost draining a 30' putt for birdie man what a rush i do know i will be better prepared if i do have a mentally draining round to be more ready for the second round since i did feel like i mentally wasn't in it as much as i would have liked. not getting in a groove for the second match didn't help much either. The Morgan Cup experience and what i learned from it and about me personally and how i can play under that kind of pressure is gonna be a HUGE help IMO. actually all the THP invitationals have helped as well. really can learn a lot about yourself and how to stay level minded in a lot of different situations and Most important how to help your partner do the same.

i'm hoping that prep ethic comes back haha i know it will i just need this weather to break i know one things i'd happily lose one of the matches if its as great of a match as ours was in the morgan cup. i've never ever been that ok with losing but when you give it 110% and lose on 18 like that with almost draining a 30' putt for birdie man what a rush i do know i will be better prepared if i do have a mentally draining round to be more ready for the second round since i did feel like i mentally wasn't in it as much as i would have liked. not getting in a groove for the second match didn't help much either. The Morgan Cup experience and what i learned from it and about me personally and how i can play under that kind of pressure is gonna be a HUGE help IMO. actually all the THP invitationals have helped as well. really can learn a lot about yourself and how to stay level minded in a lot of different situations and Most important how to help your partner do the same.

Totally agree with EVERY SINGLE word here. That match is engraved in my mind. I was just as drained as you were bro. Thinking about it brings such a huge smile to my face. I really hope you have some matches in THE KING that are just as memorable.

Totally agree with EVERY SINGLE word here. That match is engraved in my mind. I was just as drained as you were bro. Thinking about it brings such a huge smile to my face. I really hope you have some matches in THE KING that are just as memorable.

me too buddy i think theres a great possibility for that too lots of talent coming to orlando.

The bad weather we had this winter made it hard to do prep work, but I think it motivated me more. Knowing that time outside before the event would be short got me to do lessons and practice indoors where ever I could.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Curious as to what your system is, I'm always looking to improve how I come back to the game after winter hibernation.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Thanks for the support, this winter has been brutal for golf, but there will be no excuses. I'll be ready to tee it up.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Back