What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Played the Bridgestone e6 again today (decided to stick with this for the first few rounds of the year until I get back into the swing of things) and had a blast with it. Yes, I had a couple of bad swings but it held the line well in the wind and I was even getting it to stick pretty close to where it was pitching on the green with full shots - I hit a 6iron into a left to right headwind that was about a foot from where it landed

Once my game warms up I will probably head back to the Chromes that I have got in my bag, but the e6 is an excellent ball for the price

Q star again, still like this ball a lot!

I played the new TM Tour preferred and Tour Preferred X this Friday and Saturday. I thought they were both solid options. The regular TP ball definitely has a lot of spin. Multiple times I had shots with various wedges land hole high only to spin back 10 to 15 feet.

War Eagle from my iPad

After years of TM TP5/Lethal and Pro V1x, I accidentally put the standard Pro V1 into play yesterday. I asked my son to buy me a sleeve of balls while I parked the car and he got me the regular version by mistake. I didn't realize it until the second hole when I noticed the black numbers instead of red. I was really happy with how it played, and realized how much I missed a little more greenside spin. After missing the green on 18 i hit a perfect picked spinning shot to about two feet that stopped on a dime. I saved par to shoot 77, and that ball wouldn't have stopped that fast with the V1x or TM balls. I'm going to give them another round, but I was really surprised how much I liked this ball!

Back to my stockpile of Pinnacle Exceptions. Just seems to go a little farther a little straighter and feels good to me. Pretty soon I afraid the only way I can get them is for the used golf ball retailers to find mine and sell them back to me.

Played the new Taylormade Tour Preferred the other day and liked it pretty well. I just had a sleeve that my club guy gave me so I may get a dozen and play a little more with them before i make a switch.

Used a 2012 Bridgestone Tour B330 and Prov1x. Liked both in terms of distance and feel.

Played the SR3 yesterday, solid offering. Keeps up with others in its class

Did a ball shoot-out on the launch monitor yesterday. Quick note, 6i swing speed is 76 mph and driver swing speed is 88 for those that may wonder.

Hit the following:

2013 B330-RX
2014 B330-RX
2013 e6 - I don't think these have changed for 2014
Callaway SR1
Callaway Super Soft
Wilson Duo
2014 ProV1
2014 DT SoLo
2014 NXT Tour

I still need to sort out the data and I'll post up when I'm done, but I think I'll be sticking with the B330-RX (2014 model though) for competition rounds and the e6 for practice rounds.

B330-RX and the Project (a). The RX is still a favorite of mine but I thought the (a) was a great ball in it's own right.

Wilson Duo in yellow. Long off the driver and soft enough for delicate short game. Haven't lost a ball in the last 4 rounds. This is an all new record for me. Best 2 piece ball IMO.

2012 B330-RX was great for me all weekend. Plenty of spin on the greens for a ball that is not known for it. Really looking forward to trying out the 2014 version.

Did a ball shoot-out on the launch monitor yesterday. Quick note, 6i swing speed is 76 mph and driver swing speed is 88 for those that may wonder.

Hit the following:

2013 B330-RX
2014 B330-RX
2013 e6 - I don't think these have changed for 2014
Callaway SR1
Callaway Super Soft
Wilson Duo
2014 ProV1
2014 DT SoLo
2014 NXT Tour

I still need to sort out the data and I'll post up when I'm done, but I think I'll be sticking with the B330-RX (2014 model though) for competition rounds and the e6 for practice rounds.
Interested to see the numbers. I did the same thing when the last e6 came out. Funny thing was, the previous model e6 gave me the best results out of the 6 or so balls I tested.

I played the new W/S FG Tour ball this weekend. I have to say it impressed me. I had some great results with it on less than stellar pitch shots. I hit 2 or 3 low ones that hit & held the green when I expected them to roll off.

I also got some impressive distance with the driver, but I can't fully put that on the ball because I was playing a new shaft also.

Just went to Taylormade Lethal. Got a couple of dozen new and loving them. Only 18 holes in, but had longest distance and straightest consistency off the driver that I have ever had. Could stop my approach shots well too. I am used to using the Titleist Nxt Tour (but I was buying them 2nd had in bulk).

Callaway X2 Hot continues to deliver. Long off the driver and irons, a little bit less spin than I'd like with the wedges, but a lot of that is a poor swing not getting the trajectory I'd like. Overall a solid game improvement ball.

I played the Callaway supersoft ball. Don't sleep on this ball.

Nice and straight, and good fell around greens.

Another round in the books with the RZN Black and its pretty phenomenal. If you like the B330 I would at least give it a sample.

Tried the Callaway SuperSoft. I think more people should try this ball. It wasn't for me (swing speed too fast) but it felt pretty great around the green and with the putter. My playing partners loved them (in this case older guys).

They're crazy soft

I couldn't remember if I posted this in here or not, but put into play a used Hex Tour Black golfball while messing around w/ some friends. Great overall performance, but could hardly see the bite on the greens b/c they were so horrible. I did play a shot out of a bunker that checked a bit and rolled out about a foot. I read some reviews on here and other places and read some very good things. I'm sold on the Hex Black golf ball.

Hex Black. Love this ball.

X2 Hot. Love the distance off the tee and with my irons. Feels good off the putter and chipping around the greens. My only real complaint is the same as all non-urethane balls. Full shots into the green just don't stop very quickly, even well-struck shots. I had a 75 yard lob wedge shot release 5-7 feet after striking the green. Gets a bit frustrating.

Put the Zstar XV back in play for the first time since last fall. Don't know why I ever strayed. Love this ball

Put the Zstar XV back in play for the first time since last fall. Don't know why I ever strayed. Love this ball

Z-Star is going back in my bag next round as well.

Back