Cleveland Smart Sole Wedges Preview

I haven't played my Smart Sole in any lie except sand, I think I may be missing the boat on this one!

Inside 90 yards I have two clubs to choose from. It really is short game made simple. I think some people get too obsessed with a bunch of different wedges and never master any of them. I think it's better to have fewer options and master them. Just a personal opinion.

These look like they would fit in well after the DW in set of Altitude irons

I can verify they do. I do carry a 54 degree cg16 that I bent to 53* for those 60-75 yard shots. I didn't quite feel too comfortable using the S wedge for full shots from that range. Another than that though, for me, it does flow well from the D wedge. Like I said in the other forum here earlier in the day, I use the C and S exclusively from 50-60 yards and in. It is a game changer for me.
These look like they would fit in well after the DW in set of Altitude irons

For those that have used the Niblick 56* and the Smart Sole 58*, which do you think is better around the green.

For those that have used the Niblick 56* and the Smart Sole 58*, which do you think is better around the green.
It depends on what kind of shot you want. The Smart Sole is easier to get up in the air, where I find the Niblick to be more of a chip and run type of club.

The Smart Sole looks like a combination of two great Cleveland utility wedges I have used in the past, the 588 RS and the Niblick 56.

cleveland-rs-alta.jpg
98-102364.jpg

Tried the C version out at Golf Galaxy today...holed my first chip with it. Suddenly I'm curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems like similar concept as the Taylormade ATV wedges, which I love. I'm not a huge fan of the look of these new Cleveland wedges. But, if they work as described and feel good, who cares what they look like.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back