Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Just Bought the Amp Cell Pro Driver and 3W. Stiff Shafts...I loved them at the range. Had a rough round with them Saturday...but that was everything but my putter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

7/14 fairways today including 5/7 on the back. 5 of my misses were in the first cut. Starting a hole off well just changes everything. I do need to get a new shaft for this. I have swing flaws but I was hitting real spinny and high drives today. I do like the stock shaft in the i25 and bio cell.

7/14 fairways today including 5/7 on the back. 5 of my misses were in the first cut. Starting a hole off well just changes everything. I do need to get a new shaft for this. I have swing flaws but I was hitting real spinny and high drives today. I do like the stock shaft in the i25 and bio cell.

You have the Amp Cell or the Amp Cell Pro? For me the ACP Kurokage shaft was way too low launching, have you tried it?

Still really love my AC :D

Had a tester Bio Cell+ in the bag for todays round and found it really love launching. Which was great as it was 40mph but not so good in normal conditions. Will give it another go when the wind drops..

I just did not care for the stock shaft. My brother likes it but I let him use my Kusala Blue and he loved it. Took his miss away and added close to 15 yards more with roll and carry. People underestimate the importance of the shaft.

Was this your typical day? Spinny and high launching?

I just did not care for the stock shaft. My brother likes it but I let him use my Kusala Blue and he loved it. Took his miss away and added close to 15 yards more with roll and carry. People underestimate the importance of the shaft.

Was this your typical day? Spinny and high launching?

Yeah I tend to be around 17-20* and 4000+ rpm.

Got a lesson today and back to loving the AC.

Nice to get some help with big dog today!

That spin is way too high...were these big slices or hooks for ball flight? If you can get your hands on an aftermarket shaft it will definitely bring that spin down. Many have commented that the AC is a high spin head with forgiveness, but when I got mine dialed in with the White Tie my launch angle was between 14*-17* & spin was high 2000 to low 3000. even then the spin was too high, but that was the best I could do.

Wow, have you tried a different shaft? Any shaft in another driver that you liked?

I have a lower launching low spin shaft (Kusala Indigo) in the BST forum, if it does not sell in another week I can ship it to you if you want. It does not have the adapter on it.

That spin is way too high...were these big slices or hooks for ball flight? If you can get your hands on an aftermarket shaft it will definitely bring that spin down. Many have commented that the AC is a high spin head with forgiveness, but when I got mine dialed in with the White Tie my launch angle was between 14*-17* & spin was high 2000 to low 3000. even then the spin was too high, but that was the best I could do.

My balls today were mostly straight. I had a pull and a push but they were first cut. I did have one slice but like I said mostly straight shots.

Wow, have you tried a different shaft? Any shaft in another driver that you liked?

I have a lower launching low spin shaft (Kusala Indigo) in the BST forum, if it does not sell in another week I can ship it to you if you want. It does not have the adapter on it.

Let me check the ad. I did like the PWR75 in the i25 and the pxv in the bio cell. I need to go get a fitting done because I am on the R/S flex border.

Maybe try a black tie in reg. It's a good low launching shaft.
I have one for sale for $80 but it is stiff.

Getting an amp cell adapter on my nunchuk and diamana blue shafts to test them out versus the stock.

Really pumped to do some testing.

Anyone gamed this with a Rip Phenom shaft?

Anyone gamed this with a Rip Phenom shaft?

That was my set up for most of last year before I found the White Tie.

What in particular are you wanting to know?

That was my set up for most of last year before I found the White Tie.

What in particular are you wanting to know?

I was fitted for this shaft in the Ping I25. The 60S. It was smooth enough that I could feel it throughout the whole swing, so I was able to hit the sweet spot more often than not. Rather than dropping $480 on the Ping I figured I'd try it in my Amp Cell if it has the same feel to it.

Thanks but I think X flex is a bit much.

I was fitted for this shaft in the Ping I25. The 60S. It was smooth enough that I could feel it throughout the whole swing, so I was able to hit the sweet spot more often than not. Rather than dropping $480 on the Ping I figured I'd try it in my Amp Cell if it has the same feel to it.

For me it was smooth and I didn't "lose" the head during the swing. I have an aggressive down swing and was stiff enough to stabilize but not too boardy. I really enjoyed that combo on top of the med ball flight I got.

For me it was smooth and I didn't "lose" the head during the swing. I have an aggressive down swing and was stiff enough to stabilize but not too boardy. I really enjoyed that combo on top of the med ball flight I got.

What was the factor that made the white tie the winner?

What was the factor that made the white tie the winner?

My SS was between a S & R. So while the Aldila was working, I still wasn't swinging fast enough to load it properly and get the distance I should be seeing.

The White Tie was a R flex & I tipped it 1/2" to get it playing closer to Firm but not quite Stiff. This did force me to smooth out my tempo (something I needed to do anyway) & I was still able to see the distance I wanted with the White Tie.

My SS was between a S & R. So while the Aldila was working, I still wasn't swinging fast enough to load it properly and get the distance I should be seeing.

The White Tie was a R flex & I tipped it 1/2" to get it playing closer to Firm but not quite Stiff. This did force me to smooth out my tempo (something I needed to do anyway) & I was still able to see the distance I wanted with the White Tie.

What's your SS?

Back