Odyssey Putters Thread

I played with the MXM Rossie yesterday. I had it set to the heaviest, with 20g weights inserted.rolled the ball ok, not great, long distance lags on shaggy winter greens were ok, but I can see that once the greens get to mid season conditions, I will be needing to lower the weights a bit. Also I put a SS 3.0 on it, and may need to go down to the 2.0. My hands never really felt comfortable on the larger grip.

Im liking the sight lines on the rear flange of this putter a lot. Lining up square to my line was no issue at all coming from a SeeMore.

The head cover supplied with the putter won't be making another trip out. I don't like the magnet at all. The way it comes loose in the bag when bouncing around in the cart bothers me. Bag chatter on my putter is not an option. So I will be using a THP cover from now on.

Put the metal x #1 in play yesterday. Loved the feel. Will need another cover, not crazy about the velcro. Maybe it'll grow on me. Grip will be switched with thicker grip. I did like how the Lamkin 3GEN felt it was just to thin in my hands.

Grip n Rip
@bigtazzGOLF

Does anyone know the release date for the Metal X Milled 7? I love the Versa 7 that I rolled in the shop over the weekend, and I'll most likely pick it up, unless the MXM 7 is coming out soon.

Post Edit:

So, I've found a few online shops that sell them, but I prefer to deal local, and none of my local shops have one. Not even in right handed.

Does anyone know the release date for the Metal X Milled 7? I love the Versa 7 that I rolled in the shop over the weekend, and I'll most likely pick it up, unless the MXM 7 is coming out soon.

The versa version? Sometime in April

Post Edit:

So, I've found a few online shops that sell them, but I prefer to deal local, and none of my local shops have one. Not even in right handed.

If you are talking about the MXM #7 the non versa version they have been out for sometime now.

If you are talking about the MXM #7 the non versa version they have been out for sometime now.

Yea, but they are no where to be found. I spoke with a friend that works at my favorite shop and he said that he has yet to see one come through the door. Funny thing is that the putter room there has just about every putter you could want except the one I'm looking for.

I may just have to have them order it for me. Though, I would like to compare it the to the 7 with the insert first.

Been tinkering with a Metal X 6 CS lately - has a Superstroke 3.0 on it so the head is pretty light but overall a solid putter. Feedback is not great (but I have never liked inserts) yet it puts a nice roll on the ball and distance control is predictable. Not probably a putter I'll ever love (like my Anser) but it probably would produce the best results of anything I have tried lately.

Hoping to receive my Metal X Milled #7 Today!:bananadance:

Yea, but they are no where to be found. I spoke with a friend that works at my favorite shop and he said that he has yet to see one come through the door. Funny thing is that the putter room there has just about every putter you could want except the one I'm looking for.

I may just have to have them order it for me. Though, I would like to compare it the to the 7 with the insert first.

Interesting. The big box stores around me have tons of RH and a couple LH ones, I can tell you the feel is much different. The MXM is a milled face while the versa line will feel tons softer IMO

Interesting. The big box stores around me have tons of RH and a couple LH ones, I can tell you the feel is much different. The MXM is a milled face while the versa line will feel tons softer IMO

That is what I expected. I rolled the MxM 1 and the White Hot 1 this weekend too. The insert gave a real soft feel with great distance control, but there was almost no feedback when compared the milled version.

Question for those that have replaced the stock shaft with a black after market one. Did you order the new shaft with the same profile bend that the original had? I have been looking online, but they all appear to be straight shafts without the profile bend from the original.

Question for those that have replaced the stock shaft with a black after market one. Did you order the new shaft with the same profile bend that the original had? I have been looking online, but they all appear to be straight shafts without the profile bend from the original.

I looked for a black double bend shaft for a while and could not find one. I got mine directly from Odyssey.

On another note, I cant wait for the MXM-Versa line to come out. The #7 with a black shaft and superstroke 2.0 midnight is screaming my name.

I looked for a black double bend shaft for a while and could not find one. I got mine directly from Odyssey.

On another note, I cant wait for the MXM-Versa line to come out. The #7 with a black shaft and superstroke 2.0 midnight is screaming my name.

Planning the same shaft/grip combo (only a 1.0 Ultra Slim) for my current gamer!

Agree on the mxm-v #7

I was going to add the jailbird as a mallet option to the lineup until I saw the 7.

Cany my wait to try it.

My putter came UPS, wait what? That's right on my way home tonight Nerfny called and said my Callaway box was staring her right in the face at our front door.

Here are some unboxing pics...

100_2988-1.jpg

I learned from Yoccos....
100_2987.jpg

100_2989.jpg

100_2990.jpg

100_2996.jpg

100_2995.jpg

100_2994.jpg

100_2993.jpg

100_2991.jpg

100_2997.jpg

A huge THANK YOU to both Callaway Golf and The Hackers Paradise. This is incredible and it's only just the beginning.

Was fooling around last night with some putters and pulled this one out for some practice putts. First time I've spent any real time with it in a while. We had a love/hate relationship towards the end of it's era in my bag. However after being fit by SPi for the MC last year, and then again by the legend Pat O'Brien at the PGA Show, I realized that this putter was pretty much the fit he recommended for me. It was a flatter lie angle and 33.5 inches long. Put my normal stroke on it and it just felt great. I think it's a contender to get back in the bag.

Giving the MXM another shot on the course, but the TD Black #9 will likely be going back in the bag shortly. Just an incredible feel off the face and the weighting is perfect

Hey, can anyone tell me when the Odyssey Cali Girl stuff came out? I have a couple Cali Girl grips, but the headcover that would work on a 2 ball is very hard to find for a reasonable price.

That's a sweet looking putter ddec. I like that Vegas grip a lot. Let us know how things go with working it back into the bag.

Hey, can anyone tell me when the Odyssey Cali Girl stuff came out? I have a couple Cali Girl grips, but the headcover that would work on a 2 ball is very hard to find for a reasonable price.

Shoot Koske or Sabella the question via twitter - I am sure they would be able to give you a time frame of when it was released

Was fooling around last night with some putters and pulled this one out for some practice putts. First time I've spent any real time with it in a while. We had a love/hate relationship towards the end of it's era in my bag. However after being fit by SPi for the MC last year, and then again by the legend Pat O'Brien at the PGA Show, I realized that this putter was pretty much the fit he recommended for me. It was a flatter lie angle and 33.5 inches long. Put my normal stroke on it and it just felt great. I think it's a contender to get back in the bag.

i love my TD putter i think you should give it another shot. i dont think i will ever get rid of mine.

That's a sharp looking #9 ddec. Like the looks of the 9's,.

Not gonna lie I was a little confused at first by the quote. Haha

I have been trying to find one of those for a good price but just never have yet. Love the #9 and I would love to add one of these to the stable.

I am also looking to get a Versa MXM #9 when they are available...

Not gonna lie I was a little confused at first by the quote. Haha

I have been trying to find one of those for a good price but just never have yet. Love the #9 and I would love to add one of these to the stable.

I am also looking to get a Versa MXM #9 when they are available...

You don't have long to wait, they are shipping out 4-1

Now that the SuperStroke is on the CS#7 White Hot Pro, I think I'm in love. Great alignment, perfect weighting, almost foolproof (particularly on shorter putts).

You don't have long to wait, they are shipping out 4-1

I didn't know about the versa mxm till now and damn!!! They look amazing, I'm a sucker for #9s

Back