Port Charlotte-Bradenton (FL) Courses

SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Taking my awful game on a road trip this coming week, Thursday-Friday, I think it needs a change of scenery :)

Any ideas for courses in that area? Honestly prefer those not too tightly surrounded by houses, spoils a bit of the ambiance.

Different areas, but if you want some in between there are quite a few that are worthy. Keep in mind that most of these areas are going to be winding through neighborhoods. It is the way most W FL golf courses are built for the most part that are public or semi-private. The good ones anyway. But you will not find bad views at any of these.

Sarasota National is a must (no houses)
Riverwood has a lot of houses, but a great golf course.
Waterlefe in Bradenton is an awesome course
Riverstrand in Bradenton is another fine course
Bobby Jones Complex has 2 that are worth playing.
Pelican Pointe is a fun course 27 holes that offers a bit of everything
Venetian Golf & River Club
Heron Creek

Man I could be here for a long time listing courses.

Man I could be here for a long time listing courses.

Lol, well it is in your wheelhouse! Sarasota national will definitely be on the short list. I don't mind houses, its a necessary evil down here, but at the same time I hate it when they're so tight you step off the tee and fall in someones pool. Hence I don't play in Miami often.

I'll be right around Venice hecking out an art gallery more specifically...working vacation :neutral:

Lol, well it is in your wheelhouse! Sarasota national will definitely be on the short list. I don't mind houses, its a necessary evil down here, but at the same time I hate it when they're so tight you step off the tee and fall in someones pool. Hence I don't play in Miami often.

I'll be right around Venice hecking out an art gallery more specifically...working vacation :neutral:

Then if that is the case go with Sarasota National, Venetian Golf and River club, Pelican Pointe, Boca Royale (short, but INCREDIBLY tight). All right in that area.

My home owners insurance cringes when I play these courses.

My home owners insurance cringes when I play these courses.

Lmao, I hear ya Jrod. I don't mind it so bad, but when I drive like it did yesterday I'm always scared of taking out someones grandma. All seriousness though, I just prefer those courses those are a little easier to find some solitude and take in the scenery.

I know this is an older post, but I will throw a few out there anyways:

University Park
Legacy Ranch

I've played Venetian, Riverwood and Heron Creek among others, and agree they are fine courses.

Thank you for the other suggestions, I'll be sure to work Sarasota National into my next trip down there.

Back