Where can I get fit for loft, lie, and angle with clubs I already own?

wjmcfarl

Reaction score
Handicap
Even though I love the SpeedBlades, I already own a set of clubs that I enjoy hitting and I don't plan on upgrading for a few more years; however, I am 5'7" with shoes on and I feel like either the shafts on the RBZ irons I'm currently gaming are a little long or I need to have the lie angle and possibly loft adjusted. Will Golfsmith or a similar chain do a "fitting" for this or do I need to head to a local pro/clubmaker? I am tired of being toe up at address and really plan on attacking my game this summer. This may seem like a stupid question but I could use the help.
Thanks,
Will

I would think Golfsmith would do this for you. I know Golf Galaxy would as well. Might be worth going to a local shop tho as they will most likely give you more attention than just having you hit of a lie board to figure it out.

Should be able to get it done at Golfsmith or any other big time golf store. I would say if you want a full fitting you might want to look into a certified club maker in your area. Are you wanting to upgrade on the irons or try to use the existing set?

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Rbz irons I believe are cast and won't be easy to bend. However if you are fit to shorter shafts, trimming the butt will have the same effect as bending flatter. Golfsmith, golf galaxy or a pga store would be able to get those measurements for you

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You obviously won't be going to this place, but I found a place in KC called Golf MD (http://www.golf-md.com/) when I was testing the a12OS hybrids and irons. He checked the length and lie angles for $25. I didn't need the lengths adjusted, but if I did, he would have lengthened or shortened them for another five bucks for a total of $30 plus tax. And he would have saved the grips.

Should be able to get it done at Golfsmith or any other big time golf store. I would say if you want a full fitting you might want to look into a certified club maker in your area. Are you wanting to upgrade on the irons or try to use the existing set?

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I'm planning on sticking with the set I have for at least this year.

Rbz irons I believe are cast and won't be easy to bend. However if you are fit to shorter shafts, trimming the butt will have the same effect as bending flatter. Golfsmith, golf galaxy or a pga store would be able to get those measurements for you

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hmm, ok. Hadn't thought of that. I'll see what needs to be adjusted. Maybe I'll stop in Golfsmith next week and see what they can do.

My miss is a hook, I know lie has less to do with it than good swing path ect., but I still feel I'm toe up at impact which seems to affect some of my shots. Thanks for the info!

Most golf courses can have a pro do it for you as well. In my area I can't think of a place that wouldn't be able to do it for you.

Where can I get fit for loft, lie, and angle with clubs I already own?

Been thinking of getting my loft, lies fixed since I got my set 2nd hand. Believe my are too upright from what I can feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even though I love the SpeedBlades, I already own a set of clubs that I enjoy hitting and I don't plan on upgrading for a few more years; however, I am 5'7" with shoes on and I feel like either the shafts on the RBZ irons I'm currently gaming are a little long or I need to have the lie angle and possibly loft adjusted. Will Golfsmith or a similar chain do a "fitting" for this or do I need to head to a local pro/clubmaker? I am tired of being toe up at address and really plan on attacking my game this summer. This may seem like a stupid question but I could use the help.
Thanks,
Will

See if your Golfsmith has a GolfTec in it. If so, go there for the fitting. Remember that the box stores are only in business to sell clubs. Try and have your fittings done by someone that first knows what they are doing, and by someone that is under NO pressure to sell you anything. There are many custom golf shops around the country as well.

I get mine done by a Mom And Pop Golf Store. He will check them for free and adjust them for $4.00 a club. Most of the time he will have them the next day. I rather support this type of store rather than the big stores.

golf galaxy charges $50 to check/adjust. if they determine you dont need adjustment you are still charged. i told them no thanks!

I Googled "golf club fitting" for my area and found a few, including a Golf Digest Top 100 who I visited this weekend to inquire on fitting my set.

Back