2013-14 College basketball thread (Spoilers)

Go Louisville

Ok idiot that's whistling at the MSU/UVA game can shut up any time now. 5 minutes in and already annoyed.

Ok idiot that's whistling at the MSU/UVA game can shut up any time now. 5 minutes in and already annoyed.

I changed to the Kentucky- Louisville game because of that

I changed to the Kentucky- Louisville game because of that

Seems like it's only with Virginia on offense. Hope it's not a Spartan fan cuz that gets old real quick. Can't imagine the people sitting around that person. I know I couldn't handle it.

KY looks awesome.. pbbbthhhhh

Seems like it's only with Virginia on offense. Hope it's not a Spartan fan cuz that gets old real quick. Can't imagine the people sitting around that person. I know I couldn't handle it.

Yeah me and that guy would be having issues if I was next to him.

Naturally, the refs find a way to screw up the end of another game. That's not a charge on Stokes.

I disagree, I thought it was the right call. Anytime an offensive player lowers his shoulder, especially down in the post - they are going to get called for the offensive charge.

Stokes really made a bad decision. The off the ball defender at the top of key sagged to help and instead of trying to drive through a double team, I thought he should have kicked it to the top of the key.

After that run Louisville in the first half, pretty impressive that Kentucky is within a bucket at the half.

I disagree, I thought it was the right call. Anytime an offensive player lowers his shoulder, especially down in the post - they are going to get called for the offensive charge.

Stokes really made a bad decision. The off the ball defender at the top of key sagged to help and instead of trying to drive through a double team, I thought he should have kicked it to the top of the key.

Agreed here on everything except, IMO, a no call would've been better in that exact situation. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

And I said it before, if MSU scores 70, they win. UVA doesn't have the firepower. Gonna be a good second half

Agreed here on everything except, IMO, a no call would've been better in that exact situation. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

If that shoulder had been higher and he just made contact, I agree no-call would have been better.

But he lowered that shoulder and if it is an offensive charge for 39 minutes, it should be for the last.

Tough way for the game to end.

If that shoulder had been higher and he just made contact, I agree no-call would have been better.

But he lowered that shoulder and if it is an offensive charge for 39 minutes, it should be for the last.

Tough way for the game to end.

I'm all for calls staying the same throughout the game, no doubt. But in this case I don't know if I'd call it a charge. Defender wasn't really planted and shoulder contact wasn't exactly to the body. Just a tough call, like you said.

Nonetheless, could've all been avoided with awareness of the double team and reversing the ball.

I'm all for calls staying the same throughout the game, no doubt. But in this case I don't know if I'd call it a charge. Defender wasn't really planted and shoulder contact wasn't exactly to the body. Just a tough call, like you said.

Nonetheless, could've all been avoided with awareness of the double team and reversing the ball.

Agreed. Even if he got up a shot it would have been contested and probably not a clean look. Reverse that ball and you probably have an open shot.

My word - Virginia can play defense

My wildcats are clawing to keep up with Louisville. Keep it up Cats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Louisville finally picking up the pace...nice little run

My word - Virginia can play defense

You can say that again. Legit. Need to make them pay for over playing. MSU looks flustered and it's going to get out of control soon if they don't find a way to score.

You can say that again. Legit. Need to make them pay for over playing. MSU looks flustered and it's going to get out of control soon if they don't find a way to score.

Dawson is coming up huge for the Spartans right now.

Dawson is coming up huge for the Spartans right now.

He has all year. Record proves itself. If they can get an open look, they're golden. Easier said than done though. Just have to make Virginia pay for overplaying. This is where Izzo should show his March Magic.

2013-14 College basketball thread (Spoilers)

He has all year. Record proves itself. If they can get an open look, they're golden. Easier said than done though. Just have to make Virginia pay for overplaying. This is where Izzo should show his March Magic.

Guys are getting open in the post, just have to get it to them. Penetrating and dishing seems to be working right now. Nice adjustment by Izzo.

Guys are getting open in the post, just have to get it to them. Penetrating and fishing seems to be working right now. Nice adjustment by Izzo.

Yup draw the double, draw the helping double, dish to the open man. Huge transition 3 right there. Good TO by Virginia to stop the big MO.

Absolute battle this game.

Back