#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Always ready! Excited to play these courses with my partner.

#1 on both course you will want to favor the left center of the fairway. Right brings too much trouble into play.

I took the challenge JB posed to the MC participants and played a challenging course that I had never seen before. I'll post more about it in the what did I shoot thread, but it was a mixed bag. I played Makray Memorial in Barrington, IL. Tees I played are 6215 yards with a 71.4 rating and 131 slope. Positives were getting off the tee. Though I didn't hit as many fairways as I would have liked, I kept the ball in play all day. Didn't lose a ball, and I didn't have any penalties the entire round. I can't think of when that has ever happened. Things I need to work on are partial wedges, say 30-70 yards, and putting. Greens were terribly slow and inconsistent, as this was their first weekend open. Thrown in the 31 degree starting temperature, and absolutely no roll out off the tee, and I'm ok with how I did. Still have some work to do, but I'm in a good place.

Nice going CC. No penalty strokes bodes well. Nice start to your own course prep.

This has been done in some of the invitational threads so thought I'd start it up here. With two courses and being inside 28 days, I'll have to double up on some days. will do my best to post a hole a day.

Will start with the International, Hole #1 a lengthy par 4:

CGInternational1_zps1240c86a.jpg

Nice going CC. No penalty strokes bodes well. Nice start to your own course prep.

Thanks Barry. I'm looking forward to some warmer weather for tomorrow.

Good to see guys getting to play. It has rained all day here so we didn't go to the par 3 course as planned.

Never fear, 2:30pm tee time tomorrow at a tough course. Especially since it's going to be soggy. #floridaroll

That first hole on International looks like a beast. Depending on tee and format, I might have to play it as a 3 shot hole. Looks like a severe drop off to the right greenside, and I think the two guarding bunkers are going to be a theme based on the prior sage advice from Mr. Kong.

That first hole on International looks like a beast. Depending on tee and format, I might have to play it as a 3 shot hole. Looks like a severe drop off to the right greenside, and I think the two guarding bunkers are going to be a theme based on the prior sage advice from Mr. Kong.

There are some interesting holes thats for sure. I have all 36 of these printed out and have looked over them a few times. I plan to review them a few more times and again while in the air.

Barry you'll be fine. 240-260 in fairway is perfect. Blue and white tees play straight down fairway. Tips play across the fairway. I will tell you this, over the front green side bunker the green is shallow but the hole requires and extra club due to wind and elevated green. If pin is right then pretty basic

A 437 yard par 4 to start is no joke that's for sure! That's pretty much the same as my favorite course here so nothing unusual for me.

#Bombedleftcenter

I'm gonna have to take driver to have a good chance to reach that green in 2 if we play the tips, favoring the left like Freddie said. From the blues I can get away with 3 wood, but driver will definitely make it easier. Either way though, left side.

Sparks as to printing these out, did you just screen cap them and arrange them in a word doc or something? That's the best way I can figure to do it.

Always ready! Excited to play these courses with my partner.

#1 on both course you will want to favor the left center of the fairway. Right brings too much trouble into play.

Oh I have no doubt of that! The trick is going to be getting those of us ready who were not members there at one time haha

I'm gonna have to take driver to have a good chance to reach that green in 2 if we play the tips, favoring the left like Freddie said. From the blues I can get away with 3 wood, but driver will definitely make it easier. Either way though, left side.

Sparks as to printing these out, did you just screen cap them and arrange them in a word doc or something? That's the best way I can figure to do it.

Yes Sir. The Championsgate phone app also has the same hole by hole summary as the website so I didnt really try to make my printouts "portable." I am betting the cart GPS screens may also have the same...will be a good reminder. The main thing I am taking away from it is not to go after front pins per FK. I also don't plan to try to do anything I wouldn't do normally. I don't go after many par 5's in 2 with a 3W and I don;t plan to change that when we get down there.

Yes Sir. The Championsgate phone app also has the same hole by hole summary as the website so I didnt really try to make my printouts "portable." I am betting the cart GPS screens may also have the same...will be a good reminder. The main thing I am taking away from it is not to go after front pins per FK. I also don't plan to try to do anything I wouldn't do normally. I don't go after many par 5's in 2 with a 3W and I don;t plan to change that when we get down there.

Ah ok, good call. I downloaded the app but haven't really looked through it in detail yet. Looked through the courses several times though, and I agree that front pins are bad to chase - so much trouble fronting the greens. And if there are lots of false fronts, forget about it.

Oh I have no doubt of that! The trick is going to be getting those of us ready who were not members there at one time haha
Easy, you'll,take enough to get off tee but not reach trouble. Play each par 5 as three shot hole and roll your pill. We win, simple as that

Easy, you'll,take enough to get off tee but not reach trouble. Play each par 5 as three shot hole and roll your pill. We win, simple as that

Easy peasy. I can do that :deadhorse:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Hole #1 looks to be a fun opening hole. My natural flight off the tee is a draw, so hopefully it ends up on the left 1/2 of the fairway with a comfortable 2nd shot length in. In match play, many times "Pars win points" so conservative and controlled will be my mantra.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Hole #1 looks to be a fun opening hole. My natural flight off the tee is a draw, so hopefully it ends up on the left 1/2 of the fairway with a comfortable 2nd shot length in. In match play, many times "Pars win points" so conservative and controlled will be my mantra.

Something tells me bogie might win some points in this event

I agree with you there. My grandfather would always use the "Pars win points" line.

Yes sir, my thoughts too. Hitting GIR+1 should keep all of us in most holes. Will doing my best to avoid the blowup holes.

Panda tip: #2 on international take center of the green. Trust the plates on the tee boxes and take the club that gets you to the middle

#2 on national is a reachable par4 for most everyone. The bunkers on the left are 240 to carry from forward tee box and 260 from back. Left side over trap will leave 220- 190 depending on length

Sorry guys been kinda absent. Love all the detailed course talk going on.

Had an awesome lesson today. Made a really big stride on my swing and I can't wait to work on it more and put it in play. Thanks to everyone here for putting in work and stressing the importance of lessons. Because honestly, before I was of a mindset that I'd probably never put money into lessons. Seeing all you do it finally drove me to do it. Now after two I'm already seeing the benefits and how much it is worth the money, even if you miss a couple rounds because of it.

#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

Had an awesome lesson today. Made a really big stride on my swing and I can't wait to work on it more and put it in play. Thanks to everyone here for putting in work and stressing the importance of lessons. Because honestly, before I was of a mindset that I'd probably never put money into lessons. Seeing all you do it finally drove me to do it. Now after two I'm already seeing the benefits and how much it is worth the money, even if you miss a couple rounds because of it.

That's the way to get after it partner! I will be back on the course tomorrow actually playing golf instead of practicing. The weather is going to be great this coming week so that means another lesson to be had. It won't be long now Kingsters!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome man! Yep the 4 or so lessons I took over the last few months have done wonders for my swing. May take another as a tune up in a few weeks, to make sure I'm making all the right swing moves going into the event. Hitting the ball really well right now though and not about to mess with it!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Mobitee is another good app for looking at the holes, and distances. I have been studying that one. I go through a few holes every evening.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Back