Do you golf all year round?

Could play year round here in N. California but I normally won't play any rounds mid November through mid March as I ski a lot during those months. This year the ski conditions were so bad I played 3 rounds in December and started playing again a couple weeks ago. Once Masters week starts I put the skis away and get addicted to golf again. Now that I want to play again we are finally getting some rain.:banghead:

Nicest Winter I've ever encountered here in southern Arizona, only a few nights below freezing this year. My broken down old body is all that keeps me from playing every day.

We are lucky and can play all year if wanted. Unless its hosing down and the greens are flooded(which is very rear).

With more than 300 days of sunshine a year, golfing is easy in Arizona.

SE Arizona. This year it was all winter. But it was a very mild Winter. Normally golf takes about a 2 month hiatus, unless you make the drive to Tucson. The lower elevation there means less snow and warmer temperatures. Also, there's occasionally a break in June due to monsoon season. Depends on the severity.

I try to play all year round provided the course is open. This winter has been one of the worst in terms of snow fall and snow cover. The cold doesn't bother me as long as there isn't a biting wind. It can be 25-30* f and no wind I'll play - but 40* and a strong wind out of the North and I won't. The only challenge when the temps are consistently below freezing is trying to get a tee in the ground (I have a rubber base tee that I can use) but you can hit some monster drives with the roll!

Yep, year round for me but 6 months are just ugly conditions.

Hasn't been a single month that I haven't played at least 4 times in the past 5 years. My wife questions my sanity sometimes during the winter months but as long a there is no snow on the greens and the temperature is over 32 I will play.

Depends on the winters. A few years ago, we played year-round, with only a few days too cold/snowy to golf. The last couple of years have sucked.

Absolutely

When I lived in the UK I often had rounds rained off. But now I live in California, I not only golf 52 weeks a year, but 52 of those weeks are in shorts :)

With the exception of 2 weeks a few years ago, I have played atleast 18 holes per week every week for the last 5 years.

I can pretty much golf year round but there is typically a couple months where it isn't really enjoyable because of the weather/course conditions. I can at least practice short game during those times for the most part.

Typical winters usually let us play year round, but this winter was brutal.

Try to. Some years I am successful but of course it may be only once or twice during one of those mild winters of the past. Last couple have been doozies and have been shutout longer. I am in Connecticut.

All year for me. A southerly in winter can be hard work but other than that it's no problem.

Yep, all year round here. But it becomes a slopfest on 95% of the courses in the winter.

I wish I could play year round golf but living where I do in Canada it is simply not possible. Sometimes I enjoy a break from the game but months is just too long. I have not been on a golf course since early November, the winter was very cold and an ice storm on Dec. 21st was a huge mess. The weather is cooler than normal this Spring, the golf course will be opening later than usual since we need warmer temps. to melt the snow and ice.

Sort of.....when the snow flies, I play indoors at a couple of simulators near me.
When I get to jones'n for a real round, I can usually drive about 2 hours south and play.

Nope not even close. I've got 7 months tops and then it's ski time

I can golf year round but don't during ski season. I wanted to take my 3 kids skiing today after the 20" of snow that fell yesterday but none of them want to go. The good news is my 2 girls want to play golf today, the weather is sunny and high 60's, and I have the golf bug big time. It's a rare thing to live in a place where I have the option to ski or golf. 3 years ago when we had near record snowfall we skied shirtless on the 4th of July at Squaw Valley in the morning and went boating/tubing all afternoon in 80 degree weather.

Do you golf all year round?

I wish as well. Alaska is definitely not a year round place. I keep up in the winter at a golf dome and simulators. Summers are incredible here though, nothing like a 7:00 pm tee time and being able to play 18.

We have a quite limited season as well, and I can totally agree on the late and early tee times. During June & July tee off at 5 AM or 7 PM..it's awesome.

Nope, not possible here in Alberta

Golf from mid April to Mid October

September and October i get the odd game in but depends on how my bowhunting season goes.

From November to Mid April I shoot competitive archery.

Yes. Very few days each year in South GA where it is too cold to play golf.

Back