Do you golf all year round?

I do my best to golf all year round - so long as it is at least 40 degrees.

Over here in the UK the weather is rubbish over winter so i don't tend to play much. In fact I've not set foot on a course since September 2013. Was all set to go out sometime this week, went over to the range on Monday and since then its hardly stopped raining.

I have not played since the first week of November. Pretty normal to be down 5 months here every year.

I am fortunate enough to say YES. I used to only have about 6 months out of the year in North Jersey, but in SoCal, whole different story. Being able to make the time every week is a different story.

As long as weather allows me to

Winters are rather hit or miss with the rain, but the temps don't get too bad, so I'm able to get out year round. I haven't taken advantage of that most years, but I have this year.

As long as there is no snow on the ground, the winters usually allow for some golf to be played. This year was a little rough, but last year was pretty good.

Nope. Golf season for me ends in mid December and doesnt start up again until April. In some ways, its kind of nice because it allows me to focus on other things and not feel like Im missing out if I dont golf.
Especially once football season starts, my golf and sports watching schedules dont leave me with time for much else.

Absolutely do here in Australia. Where I am can get quite wet but no snow. So unless it's raining I'm out on a Sunday as much as possible.

Pretty much year round except for this winter . Worst season
I've ever seen ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being slightly south of OG I have not missed a week this year, that is pretty much true all years here. Rain is usually the culprit when we have a week that we cannot get out.

oh man I wish I did haha

Unfortunately there's about 4 months a year I can't play, but I do get practice time in during the winter - there's a facility down the street from me (actually two indoor places). Keeps the rust off at least.

I haven't played in 5 months, grrr...

I am fortunate enough to live in an area where I can golf year round. Having the time to take advantage of that can be difficult to find at times though.

When I lived in the UK I often had rounds rained off. But now I live in California, I not only golf 52 weeks a year, but 52 of those weeks are in shorts :)

Well, that'll teach me to be so cocky! Just got in from 18 and I'm drenched! It absolutely chucked down on the back 9 with gusty winds. Not pleasant at all!!

Well, that'll teach me to be so cocky! Just got in from 18 and I'm drenched! It absolutely chucked down on the back 9 with gusty winds. Not pleasant at all!!

I'm still drying equipment from my early tee time on Saturday morning.....

That being said, here in the northern California valley I can play pretty much year around minus a few stormy days during the winter. Though being older than Mark_UK I do have to occasionally bundle up in slacks and a windshirt. :cool:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I live on the coast so there is no snow in winter. The only thing that ever closes the course is heavy rain causing flooding. This has happened maybe 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years.

Over the last couple of years I always played links courses over the winter but now I've moved to a heathland course its all year golf for me except when there's snow.

Expensive membership subscriptions for 6 months competitive golf on parkland courses are too much, unless your happy with 6 months of short social golf?

Battle through the English winter to reap the swing and scores in the summer!
Repetition sport!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to weather there's anywhere from 4-5 months that I cannot play. I have a couple indoor options but I just can't stand playing rounds indoors, the short game play just frustrates me too much.

I'm lucky enough to be in the Augusta area, and apart from random poor weather systems, I was able to play through much of the winter.

I'm lucky enough to play year round. It might require myself to bundle up and play in mid 30 degree weather from time to time. At least I get my fix. I usually don't even care about my score thou in those conditions. Just that I'm out there doing what I love. I usually get in about 120 rounds a year.

We are usually able to get out the whole year with some rather chilly rounds in Jan and Feb, but this year has been brutal....relatively speaking of course......and has been the first year in a loft time that I had no desire to play most of Jan and some of Feb.

I guess I had the desire to play, just not the will to deal with the temps. The older I get, the less I like the cold part of the year.

JM

Able to play year around, but do have to deal with some unpleasant weather. I am starting to understand those who retire to more tropical areas!

All year round here in Oz.

Pretty much golfing year round here in Georgia

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Back