Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah dude was so soft but still rolled pretty quick or so it seemed. Kinda Intrigued

Best insert in the business and its not even close. Phe-nom-en-al.

Yeah dude was so soft but still rolled pretty quick or so it seemed. Kinda Intrigued

Best insert in the business and its not even close. Phe-nom-en-al.

James is correct. It's perfectly weighted too. Great putter.

interesting....

ATV's are pretty cheap right now, could add a 52 there?

What do you think?

I am sitting here looking back at what I built this year, which is a bag that is built to flat out maximize/minimize strengths and weaknesses. I had a few 5 iron shots today and while most of them were average, none of them were good and it cost me strokes in the end. But, I hit the hell out of that X2 Hot 4h.

I always just feel like it's giving up to go 5h. And yes I know that is very much a stupid thing to say and very much against the same advice I'd give everybody else.

Adams XTD big dog. Total Hawkponder at least for now, but it is a freaking cannon. Took me a few swings to get used to the super deep face, but once I did I was topping 240 carry consistently, but with a low piercing trajectory, so tons of roll too. 270 or more easy in dry conditions. And if I cranked the loft up, I bet I could get even more carry with less roll.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

interesting....

ATV's are pretty cheap right now, could add a 52 there?
they £80 still over here I think

I could pick up two Cleveland CG15 wedges for £90

CG15's are excellent wedges.

James is correct. It's perfectly weighted too. Great putter.

What do you think?

I am sitting here looking back at what I built this year, which is a bag that is built to flat out maximize/minimize strengths and weaknesses. I had a few 5 iron shots today and while most of them were average, none of them were good and it cost me strokes in the end. But, I hit the hell out of that X2 Hot 4h.

I always just feel like it's giving up to go 5h. And yes I know that is very much a stupid thing to say and very much against the same advice I'd give everybody else.

I think its wise, if you are getting nothing out of the 5i then its logical IMO. You typically hit hybo's well, run with it I say.

Adams XTD big dog. Total Hawkponder at least for now, but it is a freaking cannon. Took me a few swings to get used to the super deep face, but once I did I was topping 240 carry consistently, but with a low piercing trajectory, so tons of roll too. 270 or more easy in dry conditions. And if I cranked the loft up, I bet I could get even more carry with less roll.

Really excited to get this one out and about.

So then, X2 Hot and my cherished Tour Blue or a used 588 hybrid for a very nice price.

Really excited to get this one out and about.

And I'm really excited to get your feedback. What I saw on about 20 balls in the simulator was really encouraging, so I'd be stoked to hear about how it works for ya as a gamer.

I think its wise, if you are getting nothing out of the 5i then its logical IMO. You typically hit hybo's well, run with it I say.

I have to go with James here.

Isn't that what THP is all about? Debunking the ego and doing what's best for you? I say rock the 5h and enjoy the lower scores. You do hit hybos well do there is no reason to not hit them. Embrace the forgiveness!

So then, X2 Hot and my cherished Tour Blue or a used 588 hybrid for a very nice price.
588. That thing was awesome. I miss mine.

I have to go with James here.

Isn't that what THP is all about? Debunking the ego and doing what's best for you? I say rock the 5h and enjoy the lower scores. You do hit hybos well do there is no reason to not hit them. Embrace the forgiveness!

588. That thing was awesome. I miss mine.

Might be a good experiment for the Morgan Cup. Fine then. Be right back :)

Might be a good experiment for the Morgan Cup. Fine then. Be right back :)

That's the Hawk I know! Going right after it.

I am still pondering my top half of the bag. I wasn't counting on the X2Hot hybrids being so long. Might have to go with a 4h instead of the 3.

Done. At least I'll know for July now.

I am still pondering my top half of the bag. I wasn't counting on the X2Hot hybrids being so long. Might have to go with a 4h instead of the 3.

Jeebus dude I love that hybrid. Never expected that. I was just making up a post.

You had the epoxy all mixed up didn't you?

Jeebus dude I love that hybrid. Never expected that. I was just making up a post.

It seriously is the best hybrid I have ever had. So good I am trying to get rid of the Cleveland a Classic that I loved so much.

Oh, I ponder a Odyssey WHP #7 CS. Still.

Whats another putter when you have 20?

When in doubt swap it out lol

Oh, I ponder a Odyssey WHP #7 CS. Still.

Whats another putter when you have 20?
That's a hell of a lot more than 4

April 12th buddy. One hit and you'll be sold. Now, to Pro or not to Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back