Golf Pride CP2 Pro 2014 grips......

Chris Blake

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone tried the new Golf Pride CP2 Pro grips yet? If you did try them, would you switch from your current grip to this line? From what I hear, they sound great for club vibration absorption (less stinging of the hands/fingers when experiencing a miss hit) with a nice tackiness that doesn't give out on you on rainy days or time. They interest me more for an injury prevention standpoint, but I am afraid that the vibration absorption and anti-torque feature of these grips might affect the normal feel and touch that you develop hitting certain shots......any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Tried them out. Liked them quite a bit. Prefer my Lamkin I-Line grips, but these were very good.

I saw these in the store today, could not believe how tacky they are. I literally had it stick to my palm for a few seconds before it fell off. Picked one up to try out. Not sold on my pure wraps yet

Last edited:
I am intrigued to feel these.

I am very interested in these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost had one a week ago, but the system caught it that it was before release date. Can't wait to out them on.

I thought about changing to the Super Tack, but the more I read about the CP2, the more I like these grips.

Went with CP2 rather than Super Tack. I went with the CP2 because I am hoping it will take some of the vibration out of the club. I sometimes have stiff fingers, hope they help with this since they are the softest GP makes.

Just picked up 4 of these (non-wrap version) for my 7-PW. I should be able to give a full report after the weekend. Semi-warm temps headed our way, gonna get at least 9 holes in!

Update: these are so soft and tacky. Like cotton candy. Like finger pillows.

Got them on all my clubs. I first thought they might be too soft, but to me, they are perfect. I haven't had a chance to hit them but my first impression is that I am really going to like these grips.

I won a set at the Carolinas PGA show back in February. I put them on the next day and have play 10 rounds with them so far. The only complaint that I have is that with the thicker section under the lower portion of the grip makes the grip feel much larger than other midsized grips that I have played. Outside of that they are great grips.They have great tackyness and have little to no slippage when wet. I have played 27 holes with them in the rain and not a single miss hit because of slipping.

AG47,
Thank you for your update with these grips!!! That is exactly what I was looking for...especially in the rain when you don't have a prayer of a chance of keeping your glove dry. I am also intrigued with the vibration absorption part of the grips too....I use my hands a lot for work (physical therapy) and I don't play on the best courses that Connecticut has to offer (plus finding the rough more than the fairway also adds to it). Thanks again and have fun playing!!! Keep me updated with how the grips are holding up during the course of the golf season please!

Finally got to play a round with the CP2 grips. I have finally found a grip that I will stay with, they felt great. I never had a club to slip. When I hit a bad shot, they seem to take the sting out of the club. I have some stiffness in my fingers at times and I believe that these grip will help with that also. They are very tacky. I have the CP2 Pro with the red and white lines and they look great on my AP1's.

Given the softness and tackiness of these in hand, I wonder how durable they will be (as that always seems to be the issue with Winn grips). I finally laid hands on one at PGA SS this past weekend, and it certainly does feel good.

Will have these on my wedges this week. Will probably work their way onto the rest at some point. Just need to figure out my shafts and then get a set and put them on.

Given the softness and tackiness of these in hand, I wonder how durable they will be (as that always seems to be the issue with Winn grips). I finally laid hands on one at PGA SS this past weekend, and it certainly does feel good.

they do feel nice. But I was worried about the same thing.

They are not as soft as the Winn grips. I am hoping they will last, time will tell.

Played a round with these 3 days ago:

I have them on my 7-PW and given the shortness of the course I was on, these 4 clubs got A LOT of attention. The initial feel at address is really important to me and these really feel good. With a glove on you feel like you have control of the club and that your grip will hold. With your bare hand(s) it feels tacky, even sticky, but not in a distracting way. After a few holes my hands got a little sweaty and nothing changed. I will be getting these on the rest of the bag. If anyone has any other questions I'll be happy to give my take!

Any report back on durability of these? I won a set and will only be putting them on a few clubs as most just got new grips.

Had one on my driver the last half of the season. It held up well but it didn't work well in the humidity.

I have had the CP2 wraps on all my clubs for probably about 25 rounds and they are holding up well. It's a great grip with a nice soft feel and very tacky. I will be staying with them.

Back