What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Z-Star is going back in my bag next round as well.

I really discounted how much I loved it off the putter. Don't know what it is, but I have better distance control with the xv than any other ball if tried

so many choices. I bought 6 dozen recycled: qstar, rbz urethane, nxt tour, e5, warbird, chrome+, i played the e5 and rbz today. the rbz seemed to go higher off the tee but as long as the e5. both were very straight flyers. the rbz feels much softer of the clubs and stops better in the green. both seemed pretty durable. i give a nod to the rbz...today, tomorrow who knows

Still rockin and loving the Bridgestone Tour B330. Not much bite on the greens I've been playing but then again those are some low end muni greens. Ball performs.

Been playing 50 elites still with the sogginess around here - sticks just fine when everything is this soft. Will switch to Penta TP5's when I play in CA next weekend though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I was out of my Z-Stars that I normally play, but had a sleeve of Taylormade Burners that a friend gave me last year to try.
At $16 a dozen, I must say I was quite impressed. Good distance and feel around the green. It didn't seem to spin as much as my Z-Stars, but overall it was a good ball.

I tried the RZN Platinums for a third round and have been overly impressed. I had a problem with the e6's where I'd hit the green and the ball would keep going. After switching to the Platinum's, I can drop a shot near the pin and have it stay there.

I played the B330, the TaylorMade (a), and the Callaway SR3 this past weekend. I liked the B330 the best, followed by the SR3. The TM ball doesn't do it for me. I did not realize it until today, but I was losing some distance, and that was putting me into some bad places. Just did not produced the carry distances that I am used to. I could not figure out how I was coming up short on sites all of a sudden, then I realized today, that was the holes I played with the TM ball.
The SR3 ball performs OK. Ball flight was nice, mid high, but I still prefer the Chrome + ball over these. I am to have more control into greens with the +.
The B330 performed week for me all weekend, when he was in play. I think I prefer this back over the B330 S. I was getting to much back spin with the S during the Adams event at the beginning of March. This B330 did not have that issue. When I hit the green the ball reacted like I think it should. I could get very comfortable gaming the B330.

Last edited:
I used a Callaway Hex Chrome that I had left in my bag and compared it to the Supersoft's I am using the SS was longer and straighter I couldn't tell any difference with pitch and lob shots and the SS was heaps better to putt with. I thought the Hex Chrome might and should be better around the greens but that just isn't the case with me.

I just played my 5th round with the Callaway Supersoft. I really love it! For me its as good or better than the E6 or Q Star. Check up good, and is durable. Played thursday and used the same ball for the whole round and will use it again. Please bear in mind that my driver swing speed is a paltry 83 mph an I generally hit my driver around 205. It is a bit much off the putter but once you get used to it its fine.

Played the e5 on Sunday thanks to O'Carroll and liked what I saw. Very similar to my beloved Q-Star in just about all aspects, think its a keeper.

I played the e5 yesterday as well cookie, just a solid golf ball. I'm a fan.

Played a full round w/ the Callaway Hex Black. Awesome distance off the tee. I just have to be careful of the spin b/c I spun a few approach shots off the green maybe b/c of a last bit a wind up there. Durability was good as I sent one of my shots through some tree branches. I will be gaming these for a while.

I played the e5 yesterday as well cookie, just a solid golf ball. I'm a fan.

Nice, would make a solid MC ball I think if I'm given that option. Darn RX just spins way too much for me.

Nice, would make a solid MC ball I think if I'm given that option. Darn RX just spins way too much for me.

I wish I would have seen the check up/spin out of the RX this weekend. I saw bits and pieces, but was not as consistent as I would have liked.

I wish I would have seen the check up/spin out of the RX this weekend. I saw bits and pieces, but was not as consistent as I would have liked.

Hard to generate spin on sandy greens though dude.

I have purchased way too many golf balls in the last several months and so I have decided to just play a single ball until I lose them all. At that point, hopefully I'll have found one I will stick with. Since I have been doing testing with the Project (a) I have decided to solely play that ball until I'm out. I have about a half dozen of them left (gave one sleeve away). I'm still working on my swing, so I can't tell if the Project (a) will always come up short with me, but if scoring happens around the green I am definitely getting it back there. I imagine this will be the ball I'm gaming when I first break 100. If it came in orange*, I'd sell everything else and just buy a years supply of these.

*Of course, I liked the e5 when I did the head to head comparison between it and the P (a) and the e5 DOES come in orange.

Hard to generate spin on sandy greens though dude.

Yep 100% agree. Saw more Sat vs Fri & I'm sure it was even better for the Sunday round. I am loving bathe distance and feel off the putter though.

Srixon z star felt firmer off the face than my lethal also made more of a click sound off the irons!
Much more durable cover!
About the same with the woods but shorter with the irons
Wedge shots are hop and drop compared to a little mite check from the lethal!
All in all a great ball!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been playing 50 elites still with the sogginess around here - sticks just fine when everything is this soft. Will switch to Penta TP5's when I play in CA next weekend though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Whereabouts?

Going back to the Precept EV I was playing a Master Golf C4 similar spec,s to Pro V needed less spin (side spin slice).

Pitted the Hex Chrome against the Pro V1 today...and didn't see much of a difference. V1 was a little longer off the tee, over all, but both of them took well to iron shots into the green. I think I liked the feel of the Chrome off the putter a bit better, but that might have been some inherent Callaway bias creeping in. Either way, the Hex Chrome continues to be an AMAZING value, and plays as well as any other tour ball I've used. I'll be sticking with it for a long time, I think.

Finally got a chance to put time in with the Supersoft from Callaway. I was so excited all winter to play this ball and walked away realizing this just is not the ball for me. Its squishy and just does not stop on the green. Its too bad because I like the price tag...on to my test sleeve of SR2's! (I know...what a contrast lol)

Plaved the Taylormade Project (a) today. They finally got it delivered to the local drugstore(golfshop)..
This ball seems to be tailor-made for my game.. (Pun intended)
As long and as forgiving as the Bridgestone e5 and the Callaway Chrome+ on the longer clubs and irons.. But what a stopping ability on the greens! Wow..
I found my gamer for this year. The durability seems to be on par with most of the high end balls i have tested. Really impressed!

Another round in the books with the RZN Black and its pretty phenomenal. If you like the B330 I would at least give it a sample.

how does it compare to last years 2013 20XI ? i didnt like the 2012 20XI but the 13 version was much improved i thought.

how does it compare to last years 2013 20XI ? i didnt like the 2012 20XI but the 13 version was much improved i thought.

I havent liked a Nike ball since the One Tour D.

Back