Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Not surprised Makray cart path only. Was their driving range open?

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

Not surprised Makray cart path only. Was their driving range open?

Jeff
sent using tapatalk

Yes, it was. The grass on the range was not indicative of course conditions.

I'm going to try and play tomorrow. We'll see how warm it gets.

Play well; I'm heading to GolfTec on Sunday afternoon. Looks like next weekend won't be as nice, but I'm hoping Saturday will be playable.

Played Cog Hill #1 today. 1 hour frost delay. Great conditions. The biggest bummer was the greens were still aerated from the fall. Tough putting. But for March I'll take it.

53-45 for a 98. Hit a wedge to 6 inches from 100 yds out. For birdie. 3 pars on back in addition to the bird.
uploadfromtaptalk1396217633380.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396217651829.jpguploadfromtaptalk1396217676574.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hard to believe they were still aerated.

But some golf is better than no golf

Ya. My buddy told me they didn't punch the greens until late October. I had six 3 putts. Very difficult putting. It was great to get out. I hit 9 fairways with my new Nike Covert 2.0 Tour driver. It was my first time using it. I had it set at 10.5. I think I am going to up it to 11.5 and set for a draw my next round.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I played at Mill Creek. As bad as I played it was still great to get out. Note to self: Do not walk that course again.

Wasn't able to get out today due to some work that needed to be done at the house. Hit the range in the afternoon though. Was a beautiful day lessons are helping a bit. Had some really great shots and some ugly. More work to be done but I'm excited for what's to come.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I played at Mill Creek. As bad as I played it was still great to get out. Note to self: Do not walk that course again.

The course I went to had walking only today because of the conditions and I realize I am very out shape. Walking 9 is my limit. 18 is just too much. Was nice getting out for the first time though.

Played Bliss Creek. Fun! Felt great to be playing again. Gotta lot of rust to knock off.

The course I went to had walking only today because of the conditions and I realize I am very out shape. Walking 9 is my limit. 18 is just too much. Was nice getting out for the first time though.

Walking usually isn't a problem, however the distance between the green and the next tee box was the problem. Still can't complain with todays weather though.

Walking usually isn't a problem, however the distance between the green and the next tee box was the problem. Still can't complain with todays weather though.

I agree. Some courses are setup very long with all the walking between holes.

Played St. Andrews with my old man...course was in better shape than I expected. 1st round with the new SLDR was pretty good off the tee, very good into the wind. I was using a Calaway Hex Diablo, very good in the wind, and better than I expected around the greens. Looking forward to seeing how this ball stacks up on a dry course. Didn't play as well as I would have liked and lost a lot of strokes with the putter, so I am confident that will come around. 45-47 92 Very nice to be back on the course. Walking 18 was much harder than I remembered....ha

Uggghhh. My calves are sore thinking about it! From the clubhouse to #1 is a hike and you may need a Sherpa at the turn!

Best soreness there is though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell me about it. I nearly died walking 18 while my in laws looked like they could walk 18 more. These legs were meant for carts only.

I'm a walker. Carts happen only when required. Wouldn't have it any other way... Although I do have a push cart now.

I was out at Highland Woods today. Conditions were pretty good, but I had quite a few mud balls today. Greens were a bit hard, and bumpy.

I was out at Highland Woods today. Conditions were pretty good, but I had quite a few mud balls today. Greens were a bit hard, and bumpy.

Glad u got out. Sorry I couldn't make it. House duty called. We'll get out soon!

Glad u got out. Sorry I couldn't make it. House duty called. We'll get out soon!

No worries. You missed out on a sloooooow round.

No worries. You missed out on a sloooooow round.

Oh goodness....me and slow rounds don't match all that well.

Pretty similar conditions out west. Lift clean place was a must today!

Oh goodness....me and slow rounds don't match all that well.

They kind of got screwed with a 2 hour frost delay this morning. I think they made up an hour of the time, but it was rough.

Yeah frost was out there a while. Ah well. Most other courses should be open next weekend....depending on weather... Maybe some of us can get together. Shepherd's Crook is on my mind. We'll see how the week shapes up.

I'm a walker. Carts happen only when required. Wouldn't have it any other way... Although I do have a push cart now.

Same for me, most of the time. After I tweaked the back, last summer, I became a rider just so I could get a full round in. But, I expect to make good use of the ClicGear and carry bag.

BTW, what the heck is going on with the coming weather?!?! I heard the word "blizzard" on the news and nearly cursed.

Blizzard what?1

Back