Trackman 10 Fundamentals Video Series

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
On Trackman's Youtube page, they have started to put up videos that apply to the 10 fundamentals that they have defined for their system. With all of the recent talk on here about launch monitors, I thought it might be educational to put them all up in one spot so people could watch them and then discuss them here. The first 3 videos are up now; I will update this post as additional videos are posted. It's nice that they have tour pros in these videos that talk about how they use these concepts to improve their games.

1. Max Distance with Kevin Streelman (talks about attack angle with the driver)

2. Smash Factor with Jason Dufner

3. Spin Rate with Jason Dufner (talking about spin rate with irons)

4. Launch Angle with Kevin Streelman

5. Launch Direction with Daniel Summerhays

6. Club Path with Kevin Streelman

Last edited:
Nice post Amol, I just finished watching the first vid and will be following along with this thread. Great information here, thanks for posting.

I watched the iron one and will have to catch up with the others.

Same thing I think quite often on this general subject in that it gives good information and is interesting, but sort of ends there for me. Good example is the idea of half the launch for the loft of the club. Great for Dufner and his ability to hit down into the ball, maybe not such a good idea to chase if you're not Dufner. About the only way I could get that type of launch is to thin the ball. Now, that's not to say I don't have that type of long term hope (that I can build a better swing and numbers like that), but if I'm uneducated and watch that I'm going to have a pretty unrealistic idea of how I can maximize my output with my swing.

Initial post updated with video #4 on launch angle. Interesting stuff in the 2nd half of the video about changing ball position with the driver in order to change launch angle as opposed to changing the swing.

I just watched all 4 videos and now I want to get on a trackman and see my AoA with driver, I have a good idea of what it is but would like to confirm it.

I also want Dufner's iron height.

Very informative videos, thanks for posting them! I have found for myself without a doubt that by teeing the ball higher, more forward in my stance, and flattening my swing (can't feel too flat while doing this), I can hit some surprisingly long drives (carry wise). The problem is I can't do it with enough consistency to have it be useful on the course. I can hit a few really nice ones, followed by a huge block. I don’t why I always seem to start taking it way too far inside, and then hit it 40 degrees straight right, but I always seem too. I wish I had Trackman to play with and see exactly what’s going on.

Videos #5 and #6 added to the original post.

Cool to watch. I more or less just really enjoyed hearing what the Pro's themselves like to see, like with Dufner and back spin rates. It really shows you just how precise these guys and gals are out on the tours.

Love these videos, thanks for posting them!

One thing I can glean from this info, my smash factor blows. When I swing at around 110 I don't get ball speeds in the upper 160's with any kind of regularity.

Back