Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the bag is almost done. My driver, hybrids, irons (for now) & wedges are set. That leaves two open spots based on my current set up. I know one will be occupied by a 16* hybrid, but that last spot is up in the air. Throw the 5iron back in, or tinker with a 3W? If only I could consistently hit a 3W it would be a no brainer.

Dunno how many wedges to carry. I've only got a 56* at the moment but can add another two TaylorMade ATV wedges for £105.97 off eBay brand new

As many as you feel you can use. I only carry a 52* and a 56*. I can handle most all of my needs with those 2. Some guys carry three. What ever works best for.you.

As many as you feel you can use. I only carry a 52* and a 56*. I can handle most all of my needs with those 2. Some guys carry three. What ever works best for.you.

thats part of the dilemma, I've only ever used a stock PW and a 56. Nothing else

thats part of the dilemma, I've only ever used a stock PW and a 56. Nothing else

I have carried 46,50,55,60 set up for the longest time for the fear of missing gaps due to no distance control. Recently moved to 46,52,58 and dedicated much more time to practicing wedges and distance gapping. With only PW and 56, I imagine you have lot of room in the bag... Its all about filling your needs and the clubs that will help you fill the distance gaps that are your weaknesses

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Pondering a couple different driver shafts... UST Mamiya Elements Chrome and Matrix Ozik F6M2.

Also pondering a Matrix 8X3 for a fairway wood.

An Odyssey #7 putter (doesn't necessarily have to be a Versa, though those look pretty). Liked how these felt in the club house yesterday ... combine that with having some sort of block with my STX lately and it's a recipe for a ponder. I do know that I probably want to keep a large mallet in my bag. The Havoc also looked and felt great in my hands.

3-irons...trying to decide if want to go AP2 or go with the matching CB to the rest of my set. I like the idea of the higher launch with the AP2 for long Par-3's and approaches to short Par-5's. I think I pretty much answered my own ponder...

Got all my grip supplies for the new set, now it's grip ponder time. Really leaning towards the ilines

Does pondering a lesson on hitting hybrids off the deck count? If not then I'm after a new hybrid, I'm really not getting on with this Adams one, find it a nightmare anywhere other than the range, even then its all over the place.

Srixon Tour Yellow Vaporlite Stand bag (made by Ogio)

pDSP1-17635578p275w.jpg

Nice dude. Let us know what you end up with. Any other clubs on your list besides those two?

I ended up with nothing as after hitting the X2 Hot Pro & Non-Pro I decided on the regular version in stiff but they did not have it in stock....:banghead: and after hitting the Bio Cell & + the Bio Cell won but I was not getting the distance I saw from the X2 Hot & Covert 2.0 so I'm still pondering.

Also my buddy was looking for new Irons and I hit the Mizuno JPX EZ and although I just bought new irons last year I could not believe the distance I was hitting the 6 iron as I only took 3 swings and I got 178 yds, 184 yds & 192 yds and I was blown away I hit my G20 6i about 165-170, I hope my buddy ends up getting them but what a iron I was not expecting that.

Thinking how a Recoil in my 712u driving iron would feel. I have a px95 in it now and like it much more than I thought I would, but wondering what a nice graphite or composite shaft would change things.

I'm spending tomorrow am hitting hybrids and FWs against my current ones to see if anything sticks out. I'm actually interested in a few low spin hybos just to see how I'd fare with them since I'm getting along with the SLDR so much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recoil would be very solid in that 712u

3-irons...trying to decide if want to go AP2 or go with the matching CB to the rest of my set. I like the idea of the higher launch with the AP2 for long Par-3's and approaches to short Par-5's. I think I pretty much answered my own ponder...

I will have a 3i with my next set and it will be gamed as I'm dropping the hybo from the bag. So a 3i and steelfiber or recoil are my ponders.

Found a very good price on a set of Altitudes in Stiff Steel.... but hesitating thinking I should wait and try for Graphite....

If you know what shaft you generally agree with I think you'll be fine.

So.... Going whole hog and getting fitted for an entire new set D-LW and have decided on i25's for my irons. Trying to decide between KBS tour-vs, the TFC graphites, & the Ping CFS. I have some trouble with tendinitis in my left elbow, so need reduced vibration. Advice??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So.... Going whole hog and getting fitted for an entire new set D-LW and have decided on i25's for my irons. Trying to decide between KBS tour-vs, the TFC graphites, & the Ping CFS. I have some trouble with tendinitis in my left elbow, so need reduced vibration. Advice??

If you are getting the fitting, I would let that decide it for obvious reasons.
However as a person that has suffered with elbow and wrist issues, graphite has been a savior to me.

Graphite will probably help you with the elbow.

Yeah me too but always feel a bit less control, have gone back and forth between old R7 tp's and Razr XF's. Loved TFC shaft in the i25's

Moving on, what would be your top 4 driver/3w/hybrid models to test?

Yeah me too but always feel a bit less control, have gone back and forth between old R7 tp's and Razr XF's. Loved TFC shaft in the i25's

Find the right graphite and control won't be an issue. Plenty of very high quality options out there, that are even being used on Tour.

If you like Cally hybrids, they have a really good one this year. A little different from your RAZR, but for the better.

There are literally tons of great threads on each and every one out there. My feedback for each is in those. I would definitely read up, lots of great gear out this year.

Thanks, will do

Leaning towards the Cally X-hot 3w and hybrids

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

However as a person that has suffered with elbow and wrist issues, graphite has been a savior to me.

I've noticed that I can hit some steel shafts like the XP 95 and Nippons in complete comfort for long sessions. However, later that day or next morning the fatigue that comes is undeniable. It fools me sometimes into thinking I should try one of thievery steel shafts, but given the quality of graphite shafts these days I'm sticking with them.

So my point to anyone debating...don't just go by how smooth and comfortable some of the latest steel shafts are. 100 ball range sessions are a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back