913f fairway wood tell me about it

toddhale010

Reaction score
Handicap
I recently switched to the 913d2 driver and am considering the 913f in a 4 wood, anyone using this and can tell me pro's con's about it? I'm looking at getting it with the Diamana S stiff flex. Fairway woods are the clubs I have the hardest time hitting for some reason so with that in mind is the 913f a good choice?

I gamed the 913f 3 wood most of last year and while its a solid club, I think there are some nicer options out there that cost less money. Its super tough to hit off the deck and hitting the sweet spot is a MUST.
I find the Bio Cell 3 wood to be just as long off the tee and much easier to elevate the ball off the deck. The Bio Cell has a larger margin for error with regards to missing the centre of the face and I also find the feel/sound (which were the best parts of the 913f) to be just as nice with the Bio Cell.
If ease of use is your main priority check out the Baffler line as well.
Just my thoughts, hope they help!

I disagree that it is particularly hard to hit off the deck, but overall it is less forgiving than other options out there, both off the tee and the deck. For my money though, I preferred the nearly idiot-proof launch off the deck and tee of the X2 Hot fairways - not to mention the ridiculous distance. And the Tour Blue shaft is the best shaft I have ever hit in a fairway wood - gets up quick but never balloons, and the smooth kick and release is excellent. The Bios are good but I didn't really get along with them with the stock shaft at least - I bet with a Tour Blue they would be INCREDIBLE though.

Moral of the story, get a halfway decent head and put a Tour Blue in it haha

The Amp Cell and Covert 1.0 are the only fairways I've had confidence with. They just seem to lift the ball better for my swing. Before them I gamed the RazR Black, R11, and 910F with not much luck. Maybe my swing got better since then but i was terrified to pull them out of the bag during a round.

I have a 910f 3wd it's not the most forgiving I've ever hit but I like it.

Solid but others have passed it by there are lots of other options

913f fairway wood tell me about it

Can anyone here give a good comparison between the Big Bertha 3 wood and the Titleist 913F ? Would be greatly appreciated, and maybe give other options that are a touch forgiving off the deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone here give a good comparison between the Big Bertha 3 wood and the Titleist 913F ? Would be greatly appreciated, and maybe give other options that are a touch forgiving off the deck

Both are solid options. I can say I VERY much preferred the sound of the Big Bertha at impact. I will also add that it seemed slimmer depth wise to me and whether that is mental or not, made the Big Bertha off the deck much easier.

I will also say that lateral forgiveness of the Big Bertha seemed far and away better during launch monitor testing.

I have a 15* 913F.d and love the club. I hadn't carried a 3wood for 15 years but this club is magic (for me). I can hit it off a tee 280 or off the deck 270. It is a very straight club but can work it if needed.

Both are solid options. I can say I VERY much preferred the sound of the Big Bertha at impact. I will also add that it seemed slimmer depth wise to me and whether that is mental or not, made the Big Bertha off the deck much easier.

I will also say that lateral forgiveness of the Big Bertha seemed far and away better during launch monitor testing.

Thanks for the fast reply JB, I only asked because I have been going to golf town constantly in the past 2 months or so as I haven't had a wood in my bag in a few years. The two clubs I hit very well in their simulators were the BB and 913F (off the tee and deck). I recently purchased the BB 3FW as there was a 20% off sale on golfsmith and free shipping that I couldn't pass it up. Just waiting for all this snow to melt to actually take a whack on course with it which should be late April.

I like the 913f and 913fd. They're not as truly idiot proof as the Adams Tight Lies.

I tested these out, I found them sort of difficult to hit. A players wood for sure. I really enjoy all of Titliest woods they are very stylish. Long time ago I used the 975d solid stick for sure

Thanks for the replies, sounds like it's a good fairway wood but maybe not for my skill level yet. I did start back taking lessons today and we worked on my fairway wood which is a Baffler XL 3 wood. I'm hitting it much sweeter and straighter now but very high launch, I don't have any trouble getting the ball in the air with any clubs I've hit so I was thinking the 913fd might be a good option. I like the sounds of the adams tight lies as well but don't know anything about them. I've not had any luck with callaway drivers or woods so I'm a little hesitant to go callaway, not saying they're bad just not confident in them for myself.

Update since this thread. I ended up buying a X2 Hot 4 wood with the tour blue shaft and have to say it was a good purchase, very easy to hit for me and the ball flight I was seeking as well. My only trouble is I'm a short hitter and I have to really hit the 4 wood good to get 200 yards out of it which keeps me from hitting the par 5's on my course in 2. I happen to be in a Edwin Watts store last week with a $200 credit I had to use and I found a Titleist 913f 13.5 3 wood with the diamana blue stiff shaft. Now I'm thinking no way I'll be able to hit this thing, not only is it a titleist which I've heard so much about being harder to hit than all the other brands but i'ts also only 13.5 loft which I'm expecting to be even harder to hit. I hit every wood in the store and kept going back to the 913f mainly because I liked the size of the head looking down at it and it just had a good feel to it. I decided what the heck I've got 90 days to return it if I can't hit it so out the door I go with it. I go out my first round with this thing and wasn't comfortable trying it on the first par 5 but when I got to the next par 5 I had hit a great drive and had plenty of room for error to try the 3 wood. I was 256 out from green center all uphill, I hit the 3 wood and the ball took off great with just barely a little fade and I knew it was going to be good but to my surprise I was only 35 yards out from green center when I got to my ball. I was so impressed and in disbelief thinking no way I can repeat that shot but later in the day I was 240 yards out on a tight par 5 and tried it again, hit it with just a slight pull fade and if I hadn't hit a few leaves on a tree at the green I would've had an eagle putt. I've played a few more times with it now and yesterday had that first eagle putt on a par 5 from 238 yards out thanks to the 913f. I am amazed at how good I'm able to hit this thing since I have struggled so much with fairway woods. To sum it up I guess you never know what might be the secret weapon until you take a chance and try something new.

Update since this thread. I ended up buying a X2 Hot 4 wood with the tour blue shaft and have to say it was a good purchase, very easy to hit for me and the ball flight I was seeking as well. My only trouble is I'm a short hitter and I have to really hit the 4 wood good to get 200 yards out of it which keeps me from hitting the par 5's on my course in 2. I happen to be in a Edwin Watts store last week with a $200 credit I had to use and I found a Titleist 913f 13.5 3 wood with the diamana blue stiff shaft. Now I'm thinking no way I'll be able to hit this thing, not only is it a titleist which I've heard so much about being harder to hit than all the other brands but i'ts also only 13.5 loft which I'm expecting to be even harder to hit. I hit every wood in the store and kept going back to the 913f mainly because I liked the size of the head looking down at it and it just had a good feel to it. I decided what the heck I've got 90 days to return it if I can't hit it so out the door I go with it. I go out my first round with this thing and wasn't comfortable trying it on the first par 5 but when I got to the next par 5 I had hit a great drive and had plenty of room for error to try the 3 wood. I was 256 out from green center all uphill, I hit the 3 wood and the ball took off great with just barely a little fade and I knew it was going to be good but to my surprise I was only 35 yards out from green center when I got to my ball. I was so impressed and in disbelief thinking no way I can repeat that shot but later in the day I was 240 yards out on a tight par 5 and tried it again, hit it with just a slight pull fade and if I hadn't hit a few leaves on a tree at the green I would've had an eagle putt. I've played a few more times with it now and yesterday had that first eagle putt on a par 5 from 238 yards out thanks to the 913f. I am amazed at how good I'm able to hit this thing since I have struggled so much with fairway woods. To sum it up I guess you never know what might be the secret weapon until you take a chance and try something new.

Glad you found something that works out for you.

Glad to see it ended up working out for you. If you're getting on from 238 yards then I wouldn't exactly call yourself a short hitter lol. Don't sell yourself short, pun intended haha.

Great that that worked for you. I have the 913fd at 15º and I love it. I tried a lot of 3 woods before deciding on this one. For me it wasn't the longest but the most consistent.

Glad to see it ended up working out for you. If you're getting on from 238 yards then I wouldn't exactly call yourself a short hitter lol. Don't sell yourself short, pun intended haha.[/QUOTE

LOL... it's short when you're playing with guys hitting 4 and 5 irons that far. I'm carrying the 3 wood about 210 the rest is roll out, I hit into a par 5 today from 208 over a valley to an elevated green and stuck it pin high right with a dead straight shot which I was very happy with.

Back