Scooters/Mopeds...Or whatever you may call it...

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
We've got a pretty decent scooter following here in Chicagoland and Wisconsin. Ameri-Vespa was in Lake Geneva last year. Our group the "Scoot Jockey's" (out of Lake Geneva Wis) has a bunch of events throughout the year and there are more down in the city of Chicago.

Anyway, I've had my scooter a couple years now. Got it at first after taking the motorcycle training course because I wasn't a fan of all the shifting associated with regular motorcycles. I also love the fact my scooter gets 95mpg. Great for around town and such and hits 55mph. Although at the moment I"m looking to purchase a new scooter that goes a bit faster to be able to take it to work since some of the roads I go on would get me killed if I went 55mph. SYM HD200 is in my sights.... :)

Just wondered if anyone else on the forum has a scooter.

No I don't but I want to get a Honda Ruckus and mod it. Lots of people do around here and they are sweet.

I have never heard of scooter groups. Do you have jackets and such? Like cool ones with neat names like Scooteriffic. Or Scoots Along Gang.

I kid of course. I have driven them before and they can be fun.

Scooters/Mopeds...Or whatever you may call it...

LMAO @ scooteriffic. Sorry, but that's freaking funny.

No I don't but I want to get a Honda Ruckus and mod it. Lots of people do around here and they are sweet.

The Ruckus mods are AWESOME!! There were a group of guys at one of the events last years with them tricked out and cameras on them. They could do over 85mph. Sweet scoot for sure!

The Ruckus mods are AWESOME!! There were a group of guys at one of the events last years with them tricked out and cameras on them. They could do over 85mph. Sweet scoot for sure!

yeah, pretty inexpensive to throw a GY-6 in one as well I believe. I know one guy back home has one that will do 90+ but I don't think he has gotten it up that much. I need to keep my eyes open for one.

I probably should not say in an open forum what I consider a moped.....JB and CJ you both do not need to chime in on this lol :p

I have never heard of scooter groups. Do you have jackets and such? Like cool ones with neat names like Scooteriffic. Or Scoots Along Gang.

I kid of course. I have driven them before and they can be fun.

haha. they are a lot of fun. Lake Geneva is a great place to have one, especially in the summer. They've actually got scooter drag racing going on up there June 22nd. https://www.facebook.com/events/1374673659462673/ We've got 3 different chapters of the group actually. Milwaukee, Lake Geneva and Chicago. http://www.meetup.com/ScootJockeys/

Oh jeez...It is real.
I pledge to change the name from Scoot Jockeys to Scooteriffic.
Think of the marketing. That freaking lil bike right there has Scooteriffic written all over it.

I have a Vespa S-150 (previously owned a LX150). It's perfect for getting around the city (except when it's raining like it was this morning!). I probably ride it 1,500 miles/yr around town and couldn't imagine life without it.

I've also been known to carry my golf clubs to the range on my Vespa from time to time (mainly when my wife takes the car), but I heard I could get a ticket for doing this, so I only do it sparingly with a sunday bag so it doesn't look like I have a full set on my back :)

I had an old Puch moped from the 80s for a while. The thing was bullet proof. Big moped presence in Chicago, but that wasn't really my scene. My brothers are all really into mopeds. Fun to tinker with them and try to get them to go faster.

Oh jeez...It is real.
I pledge to change the name from Scoot Jockeys to Scooteriffic.
Think of the marketing. That freaking lil bike right there has Scooteriffic written all over it.

Of course it's real! :)

After getting about 15 mpg in my Explorer, and doing mostly in city commuting, I was thinking of getting one and it's 100 mpg.

Then I realized I'd look like an elephant riding a peanut…

I wiped out on my friend's Honda Elite 150 in 9th grade. Never been on another.

I looked at the Ruckus a few years ago, but ended up getting a Yamaha XT225 dual sport bike.

I wiped out on my friend's Honda Elite 150 in 9th grade. Never been on another.

Yeah, wiping out isn't fun. I was riding my moped to work, and I had a car traveling in the opposite direction make a left turn ahead of me. Ran right into the front wheel and went over the hood. Luckily, nothing happened to me, but I think that was the beginning of the end for me and that hobby.

After getting about 15 mpg in my Explorer, and doing mostly in city commuting, I was thinking of getting one and it's 100 mpg.

Then I realized I'd look like an elephant riding a peanut…

Get a larger one :) They still get like 70mpg.

Hoping to have one of these by end of summer.... SYM HD200 :)
hd_zps02ffe53d.jpg

Took my training class on a TW200.

Those are fun rigs. Two of my friends are brothers and one had an XT225 and the other had a TW200 while growing up and I always wanted one. It just took me an extra 15 or 16 years to get it.

We've got a pretty decent scooter following here in Chicagoland and Wisconsin. Ameri-Vespa was in Lake Geneva last year. Our group the "Scoot Jockey's" (out of Lake Geneva Wis) has a bunch of events throughout the year and there are more down in the city of Chicago.

Anyway, I've had my scooter a couple years now. Got it at first after taking the motorcycle training course because I wasn't a fan of all the shifting associated with regular motorcycles. I also love the fact my scooter gets 95mpg. Great for around town and such and hits 55mph. Although at the moment I"m looking to purchase a new scooter that goes a bit faster to be able to take it to work since some of the roads I go on would get me killed if I went 55mph. SYM HD200 is in my sights.... :)

Just wondered if anyone else on the forum has a scooter.
Not to mention Madison, WI is the unoffical scooter capital of the world...

I've honestly always wanted an older Vespa, like a Rally 200 or something. One day I will probably try to get one, but haven't ridden a scooter in many years.

I've honestly always wanted an older Vespa, like a Rally 200 or something. One day I will probably try to get one, but haven't ridden a scooter in many years.

Just a whole lot of fun. Groups are popping up all over. Gas just hit four bucks a gallon here again.... Scooter fun while saving gas. Gonna need a side cart for my clubs!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Back