Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Hi Skittles!

you need to update your local since your back buddy

I should be able to make it - sounds like fun!

GregDan, put me down for this. Either weekend works for me, but preference is on the 19th over 26th.

You got it buddy! So far we have 3, 4 if Bullfrog could get the Saturday off.

Anybody else interested in playing?

im cutting out of work on monday 60+ and sunny thinking about going to little mountain on the east side. i seen they had golf now times for $18.

Well me and a few buddies are heading to the Lexington area in Kentucky at the end of April for a golf weekend. We are coming from MI and plan on being there early on Friday the 25th(sort of early 10am'ish). On Saturday we are golfing Old Silo and Cherry Blossom. Any comments about the 2 already planned and any suggestions for golf on Friday would be appreciated. Really want to stay away from flat layouts, unless its a killer links course.

Well me and a few buddies are heading to the Lexington area in Kentucky at the end of April for a golf weekend. We are coming from MI and plan on being there early on Friday the 25th(sort of early 10am'ish). On Saturday we are golfing Old Silo and Cherry Blossom. Any comments about the 2 already planned and any suggestions for golf on Friday would be appreciated. Really want to stay away from flat layouts, unless its a killer links course.

I know Bullfrog and Michigan Slice played Old Silo and loved it

Well guys. Sorry but the little golf outing I wanted to do will have to wait until May.

Unless you guys want to do it the 27th of April. That would be my only free day. Let me know what you think.

Big fan of Cherry Blossom. By then, it should be in excellent shape. But beware! Holes 17 and 18 are a mother... Let me know when you make it to town. If I'm free, I'll make the short drive south for a mini THP outing

I know Bullfrog and Michigan Slice played Old Silo and loved it
Good to hear, my buddy booked the 2 mentioned above and was a little worried on them not being nice and thus leaving us disappointed on his decision. Is it me, or does Old Silo just sound like a great course name?

Big fan of Cherry Blossom. By then, it should be in excellent shape. But beware! Holes 17 and 18 are a mother... Let me know when you make it to town. If I'm free, I'll make the short drive south for a mini THP outing
Some local knowledge would be great, we will be there Fri. morning on the 25th of April for sure.

Still need to fill that day with some golf. Looking for the diamond in the rough around the Lexington area for that day.

Some local knowledge would be great, we will be there Fri. morning on the 25th of April for sure.

Still need to fill that day with some golf. Looking for the diamond in the rough around the Lexington area for that day.

I'll be coming off a week of vacation so I'm not sure if I can swing a weekday round but the weekend I'd be ready for. A few things, I haven't played it yet but hopefully will by that weekend, Kearney Hill Golf Links is supposedly near the top of the public courses in Lex. Griffin Gate has a big name but I think it's falling down the rankings in town. Also if you're interested, The Golf Exchange (A local shop very highly regarded) is hosting a demo day event that weekend that is known to be extremely far reaching as far as equipment options go. Tossing that out there if there's equipment you want to get your hands on at a driving range...

I'll be coming off a week of vacation so I'm not sure if I can swing a weekday round but the weekend I'd be ready for. A few things, I haven't played it yet but hopefully will by that weekend, Kearney Hill Golf Links is supposedly near the top of the public courses in Lex. Griffin Gate has a big name but I think it's falling down the rankings in town. Also if you're interested, The Golf Exchange (A local shop very highly regarded) is hosting a demo day event that weekend that is known to be extremely far reaching as far as equipment options go. Tossing that out there if there's equipment you want to get your hands on at a driving range...

Thanks for the course suggestions, and the local shop demo day sounds awesome. Just the thing to take up some time and meet some people from out of town. We still havent decided on what to do Sunday. It was either hit a course on the way home or play another round in Kentucky.

I am coming from MI, so if the bad weather follows me, just forget that I mentioned where I will be on Saturday as there will be no reason to hunt me down.

Haha. No worries. I'm sure Cincy would have a few courses worth a visit if you're looking for a round on the way back on Sunday. Don't know them as well as northern kentucky though.

We just had two drop out for the Scramble in Ottawa Hills, MI on April 12. If interested hit up the thread for it.

I absolutely love both of those courses especially Old Silo which is my favorite course in the state, the 6th hole provides one of the most memorable tee shots you can find.

If you are looking for a killer links course then check out Kearney Hills which is right off I-75 in Lexington. Great great layout and incredibly well kept.

The Bull at Boone's Trace is a pretty good option as well, lots of elevation changes and a really good track and is maybe 10 minutes south of Lexington on 75 south. Can be played for really cheap through golfnow as well. Any food or beer suggestions I will be able to hook you up as well.

I absolutely love both of those courses especially Old Silo which is my favorite course in the state, the 6th hole provides one of the most memorable tee shots you can find.

If you are looking for a killer links course then check out Kearney Hills which is right off I-75 in Lexington. Great great layout and incredibly well kept.

The Bull at Boone's Trace is a pretty good option as well, lots of elevation changes and a really good track and is maybe 10 minutes south of Lexington on 75 south. Can be played for really cheap through golfnow as well. Any food or beer suggestions I will be able to hook you up as well.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Feeling alot better about making some course decisions now.

As for the beer, cold is fine with me.

Food ideas could be good though. I only know one of the guys going and he metioned something about keeping expenses cheap to golf better courses. So dont know what kind of range I have to look for good eats at yet. Maybe I'll pick up the lodging so we can eat a good Kentucky meal.

Need to visit Malone's Steakhouse. Not too expensive but really worth it.

Tappin it up

lifelong Central KYian here. I agree that Cherry Blossum is a good track but Old Silo can be rough...played a tourney there last fall. We had a tournament rule to lift, rake, and place in the bunkers...they were in that bad shape (there are 99 bunkers on the course).

Kearney Hills has gone downhill too. Slow greens and divot fairways last fall.

Try the University Club. 36 holes there and good condition for public golf.

Griffin Gate's back nine is too tight...play bumper pool off the condos.

The two sleepers in the area are Houston Oaks in Paris. (on an old horse farm). And Gibson Bay in Richmond which is the best value in the state at around $25 with cart.

Welcome strange! Glad to have someone with some KY course Knowledge here

lifelong Central KYian here. I agree that Cherry Blossum is a good track but Old Silo can be rough...played a tourney there last fall. We had a tournament rule to lift, rake, and place in the bunkers...they were in that bad shape (there are 99 bunkers on the course).

Kearney Hills has gone downhill too. Slow greens and divot fairways last fall.

Try the University Club. 36 holes there and good condition for public golf.

Griffin Gate's back nine is too tight...play bumper pool off the condos.

The two sleepers in the area are Houston Oaks in Paris. (on an old horse farm). And Gibson Bay in Richmond which is the best value in the state at around $25 with cart.

Thanks, really having me second guess the Old Silo, so many great reviews. Think I will be negotiating with the fellas now to replace it though.

Do you have any knowledge about Bull at Boones Trace too? So close to Lexington, if its decent, be a good fit. Will definitely look into the others also....thanks again

Thanks, really having me second guess the Old Silo, so many great reviews. Think I will be negotiating with the fellas now to replace it though.

Do you have any knowledge about Bull at Boones Trace too? So close to Lexington, if its decent, be a good fit. Will definitely look into the others also....thanks again

The Bull is a decent track with decent greens but an unmemorable layout. I would play Houston Oaks, Cherry Blossum, or University Club before I would play the The Bull, Old Silo, or Kearney. I'm not saying that none of those three aren't worthwhile, they are all pretty good, but i prefer the former (IMHO).

anyone playing in NE ohio today its going to be pretty nice out?

Yard work wins today for me...hoping some range time this evening

Yard work? You sir have some practicing to do for our win this weekend. We can't carry you the whole way.

Back