Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 iron from 169 yards to one foot. So close yet so far away. Loving the new Speedblades.

IMG_20140330_154321004_zps0b1f3a56.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

120 yard PW slightly uphill to 6 feet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Dropped this putt on 18 for birdie.
6C7FA404-3A38-4FAC-96B2-99D72A4FADCB_zpsszdx9crp.jpg

Almost chipped in on 2, 4, 11, 13 and 15. Tap in putts are nice. One of those rounds where it looked like a ho hum 33 putt round, but my five one putts were because I was chipping great. I putted like hell.

176 yd par 3. Hit it to about 12 feet with a 7 iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pitched off a tree root with my 56 degree within 5 feet of the last hole. Made my put for a par. Not sure how I hit it clean but I did, the ball landed and moved about a foot and stopped.

Par 4, 14th. 331 yards. Takes a hard dogleg right with a carry over water. There is a wicked slope on the greens towards the water. Hit my first straight drive ever (~200 yards) into the middle of the fairway. Second shot put me over the water and above the green. Chipped to about 12' from the hole, putt for par. Wish I had had better placement on the second shot, but I'm pleased with the par.

I drove the 18th green, 307 yards. Had a strong tailwind and a lucky bounce but it ended up pin high.

I 3 jacked for par.

GW from 113 yards to 5 ft and made the up hill birdie putt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

After hitting my drive a little short to completely beat a dogleg right par 5, I was faced with this look to get back onto the fairway:

IMG_20140331_131452.jpg

The ball's not in view because I was standing right over it. Saw the gap in the trees, and hit to it. 140 yards and change, faded to the dead center of the fairway, and left me an easy sand wedge onto the green, followed by a 2-putt for par. Not really a shot I would have attempted ordinarily, but there was no gap in the trees to the left to punch out onto the fairway. Sometimes the only shot is the hero shot. Was nice to pull it off this time.

Great work on the recent shots guys!! This thread is all about why we go back out to play this silly game eh?

GW from 113 yards to 5 ft and made the up hill birdie putt.

First birdie on Oasis!! Congrats man, that's a great hole to get it.

some great shots in here recently good work everyone.

today my 4i took the glory safe and long off the tee, perfect recovery club and workable. The shot or shots for me was 3 4i in a row on a par 5, tee shot lay up leaving me 175 into a 15mph wind and I could only see half of the flag as it was an uphill shot I hit the perfect high draw 4i that stuck the green it hit.

Nothing amazing today. 105yd approach with back wind. 58° j40 wedge put the ball to 6ft and drained the putt for birdy. Also a drive on a par 5 left me with 147 to the pin. It must have hit a concrete yardage marker and rolled forever lol. I'll gladly take a friendly bounce :)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

KC friendly bounces are awesome!!!

Unfriendly bounces are not right mmaynard and your 150 marker hit!

6th hole of the easier loop. Ball plugged on a downhill slope in the bunker short and right of the green. Bank of the bunker is about 6 feet higher then my ball, downhill from there to the flag that's maybe 15 feet from my ball.

I managed to get it out, hit the flagstick and leave it at 4 inches.

6th hole of the easier loop. Ball plugged on a downhill slope in the bunker short and right of the green. Bank of the bunker is about 6 feet higher then my ball, downhill from there to the flag that's maybe 15 feet from my ball.

I managed to get it out, hit the flagstick and leave it at 4 inches.

That's a heck of shot!

Had a bad 9 holes today on a familiar course. 7th hole par 4 435 yards I split the trees on a dogleg left for a 305 yard drive down the middle. Still ended up with a bogey.

Had a couple of really good shots today. On a short par-4, I hit a great drive to about 80 yards. The second shot was partially blind because of the incline to the green. I hit my 60* and it never left the flag. Made the bird.

3BWzeea.jpg

The other really good shot of my round was on the par-5 18th. You have to hit a fade off of the tee and then it you need either a nice layup to have a tough 3rd shot to an elevated green or take a cut at it in two and it's a pretty intimidating shot. Here's what I saw standing over my second shot.

yKavYYd.jpg

It was getting dark, so you can't really see the flag. GolfLogix told me 265 to the center, so I pulled 3W and figured I'd take a cut at it. It was more of a practice round than anything, so I put a smoothing swing on it and hit a nice fade and it missed carrying the left side of the bunker by 1 yard. Hit the lip and bounced in. I've never hit a 3W that well, hell I usually can't get a driver 260+. I ended up finishing with a par, but I've never had success with a 3W before and now I've got some confidence to attack some par 5s in two!

A 15 foot putt for birdie on number 9, par3.

Hole 18 to close out the day.

501 par five. Hit the best drive I had hit all day with a slight fade, caught the top of the hill and kept on moving. Left me with 195 downhill quite a bit... had to hit it at least 180-185 to clear the water in front of the green and greenside bunker.

Grabbed the 5 iron and the minute I hit it, I knew it was DEAD perfect... headed straight for the green and dropped about 25 feet above and right of the flag. I couldnt have drawn it up any better.

Did not sink the eagle putt, but a tap in birdie on 18 is never bad!

On the 17th hole, a 148 yard par 3, I hit my tee shot into the water. I teed up another, and hit a nice, high 8 iron to 6 inches. Tapped in for my bogey.

On the 17th hole, a 148 yard par 3, I hit my tee shot into the water. I teed up another, and hit a nice, high 8 iron to 6 inches. Tapped in for my bogey.

Not sure what is worse when something like that happens....if that second tee shot had actually gone in for what could have been a hole in one if it was the first ball, or knowing that you could have had a tap-in birdie instead if you had put your first tee shot there

Once did something similar myself except it was a par 4 - tried to carry a dogleg left but didn't make it and was a lost ball off to the left OOB, so teed up again and played sensibly to the corner, that left me a SW to the green which I absolutely nailed dead on the flag to literally a couple of inches that didn't even require getting the putter out of the bag as the rest of the group gave me it for a bogey

Not sure what is worse when something like that happens....if that second tee shot had actually gone in for what could have been a hole in one if it was the first ball, or knowing that you could have had a tap-in birdie instead if you had put your first tee shot there

Once did something similar myself except it was a par 4 - tried to carry a dogleg left but didn't make it and was a lost ball off to the left OOB, so teed up again and played sensibly to the corner, that left me a SW to the green which I absolutely nailed dead on the flag to literally a couple of inches that didn't even require getting the putter out of the bag as the rest of the group gave me it for a bogey

My brother in law put one in the water at TPC of Tampa Bay, then hit teed one up and hit it into the hole for a smooth par a couple years ago.

You should have used your mulligan!

Had a couple of really good shots today. On a short par-4, I hit a great drive to about 80 yards. The second shot was partially blind because of the incline to the green. I hit my 60* and it never left the flag. Made the bird.

The other really good shot of my round was on the par-5 18th. You have to hit a fade off of the tee and then it you need either a nice layup to have a tough 3rd shot to an elevated green or take a cut at it in two and it's a pretty intimidating shot. Here's what I saw standing over my second shot.

It was getting dark, so you can't really see the flag. GolfLogix told me 265 to the center, so I pulled 3W and figured I'd take a cut at it. It was more of a practice round than anything, so I put a smoothing swing on it and hit a nice fade and it missed carrying the left side of the bunker by 1 yard. Hit the lip and bounced in. I've never hit a 3W that well, hell I usually can't get a driver 260+. I ended up finishing with a par, but I've never had success with a 3W before and now I've got some confidence to attack some par 5s in two!

Great stuff Josh.

My best shot yesterday was on #14, it is the dogleg left down hill par 4. I hit a 6 iron off of the tee but it did not draw as much as I wanted, I believe due to the 15 mph wind at the time. It ended up by the cart path with a down hill/side hill lie with a tree between me and the pin. I hit a cut 7 iron into the wind around the tree and to 4 feet of the pin from 140+ yards. Made the putt for bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back