Mismatched Clothing Brands

Wow...really? I thought my wife was the only one.

Doesn't really bother me - a lot of my golf clothes are Nike, so sometimes I'll match, but that's usually the exception, rather than the rule.

Doesn't bother me. As long as all the colors and patterns go together, I could care less..

It has never bothered me - I have Puma shoes, Adidas trousers and various different tops. As long as the colours don't look ridiculous then I couldn't care less what brand they are

I'll admit to it, I'm pretty picky. Except for my putter, my bag is all Callaway. My clothes/hats/shoes are pretty much all Nike with a couple Callaway hats and shirts sprinkled in there. That's it.

Knowing that I'll never make a living from golf, 1/2 of the fun (for me) is to at least have a wardrobe and equipment that would fit right in on tour :D

I'm aware of it, and it doesn't bother me, really. But I also intentionally try to keep certain elements more neutral in color, mostly so they'll go with more things. I'm really unlikely to buy pants or shorts that aren't a neutral color (grey, black, tan, white) so that I don't have to worry about them matching a particular brand's colorway. I wouldn't want to buy, say, Puma orange pants and then discover it's not the same orange as a shirt I already own, or it doesn't go with something else.

Once someone pays for me to wear their clothing, I'll make sure the brands match. Until then, I don't really care.

Doesn't bother me, I just focus on color & style working.

Same here, the brands don't make me look good. I make the brands look good.

Same here, the brands don't make me look good. I make the brands look good.

Love it! I'm much the same. I avoid big, bulky logos but generally give exactly zero craps about what the tag says. There are certain lines that work better for me than others, but usually I have no preference.

As a great man once said, "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I look good. I mean REALLY good. Hey everyone! Come see how good I look!!!"

No, I don't have that pet peeve. All of my shorts are Nike i believe, but my shirts are predominantly Nike and Adidas (with a few others mixed in). I have zero issues wearing an adidas shirt with Nike shorts. I also have never been called out on it. I doubt people even notice.

~Rock

The only thing I like to match is my bag with my the majority club brand. I've got TM clubs so I like to have a TM bag. If not a TM bag, It would have to be another smaller company. It just seems weird to me to carry TM clubs in a Callaway bag or TM clubs in a Nike bag when I have 0 Callaway or Nike products.

I don't really wear OEM clothing, so I'll go with whatever matches.

It doesn't bother me when I see other people mixing, haha it's only when I do it.

It doesn't bother me at all, as long as it looks good.

It doesn't bother me. I'd say more often than not, I'm mixing brands.

I am of the philosophy to buy neutral bottoms (pants/shorts) without any big logos and then you can wear any shirt on top. I have some Bonobos pants that are a light grayish and I can wear any shirt I please. I don't have any branded belt buckle and wear a lightweight UA or Nike running hats with minimal logo creep.

I can't stand when my brands don't match. I am trying to get over it but it is tough. I think my wardrobe would actully look better if there were more variety.

This never crosses my mind.

I typically grab whatever is clean and would be on my way.

Elty, would you even notice if the clothing didn't have their logos on them?

I can't stand when my brands don't match. I am trying to get over it but it is tough. I think my wardrobe would actually look better if there were more variety.

Variety adds a lot. It's not about matching polo to pants, it's about matching polo to Howzat. :)

So this is more just out of curiosity, and I'm sure I'm in the minority, but does anyone else hate having mismatched brands? I'm not talking clubs, just clothing. I can not for the life of me wear Nike and Adidas or Callaway and Taylormade at the same time. Anyone else have this pet peeve? Or am I being dumb and just need to get over it? Haha

Lol I'm the same way, I like be head to toe in one brand.

Variety adds a lot. It's not about matching polo to pants, it's about matching polo to Howzat. :)

I just need my own brand. Seems like that is what the cool kids are doing.

Apparel matching does not bother me, however club headcovers that don't match do... weird huh lol.

I just need my own brand. Seems like that is what the cool kids are doing.

I'm not cool though. Disregard the Nike, I just had them laying around.

Elty, would you even notice if the clothing didn't have their logos on them?

If nothing had a brand logo on it I probably wouldn't mind as much. But just seeing the nike swoosh on my shirt and the Puma logo on my pants just feels wrong to me.

I should also say that golf was not my first sport, I'm a basketball player through and through and I think this obsession started there because all basketball athletic wear has huge logos.

Back