Aerotech SteelFiber Shaft Thread

When I did my fitting Club Champion recommended going up one weight for the wedges - so for me I'd go from i110s in my irons to i125s in the wedges. Just my experience.

After four full rounds now, I am completely onboard. Realized after about three holes yesterday that I was just over swinging and started putting a shorter, smoother swing on it and just started hitting lasers at the stick. Beautiful trajectory, cut through the wind like nothing. I had one balloon with an 8 iron, but I got a little steep on it and hit it too high, but everything else held well.
Glad to hear that the Aerotechs are working well for you. I really like the feel/performance of mine.
Just ordered new irons and the SteelFiber i95's will be in them. I'll be playing the TM Speedblades 5-8 and TM CB's 9-AW. Ordered the CB's off TaylorMade's website and one of the custom options is the SteelFiber's. Ordered 4 SteelFiber i95's to put in the Speedblades. Can't wait to get them out on the course.
After your experimentation last year, I was hoping that you would go with the Aerotechs. I'm sure that you will really enjoy that setup, congrats.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have really enjoyed playing the i95 in my CBs. They're definitely easier on my body, I've had no wrist pain since switching.

I really need to get my hands on these, like 3/4 shafts of these to test out preferably with the fitting tips on them and a head

bump So I am really really looking at going graphite in my next set of irons. I'm also looking at going lighter that the 130g I was fitted to in steel shafts and am looking at i95 or i110 and wondering if I should step up to X in the 95g.

I know fitting is key and will be done I am scratching my itch for more knowledge & ideas

bump So I am really really looking at going graphite in my next set of irons. I'm also looking at going lighter that the 130g I was fitted to in steel shafts and am looking at i95 or i110 and wondering if I should step up to X in the 95g.

I know fitting is key and will be done I am scratching my itch for more knowledge & ideas

Hard to say since these play stiffer than most I think an X would be pretty darn freaking stiff.

Im looking at a chart at the moment that shows them launching higher and with more spin than DGS300 and thats why the question of going up in flex to keep thing down or try tipping an S.

I know a fitting should be done but I am just trying to wrap my head around the ideas and thoughts I have.

I know my i110 Reg flex play as stiff as my previous set of hard-stepped KBS Tour regular. Ball flight is also lower. I'd find a way to try some first before jumping into a X flex. I think an X in these would be stiffer than a railroad tie.

Thanks for that tidbit Penglyns, my coach is going to try to get his hands on several different options for me to try out from his club reps.

You tried my X flex and hit them beautifully if I remember

I went from R flex KBS Tours to R flex i95s and saw a higher ball flight with more carry and tighter dispersion.

Fitting will be key, but I freakin love these shafts.

You tried my X flex and hit them beautifully if I remember

That I did and I was very surprised how well I did. I really cant wait to get my hands on lots of options to find what fits.

I have a set of X Hots with stock graphite shafts senior flex, what would be the advantage of going to i70 senior flex, would it be tighter dispersion.

I'm not familiar with the graphite shafts in your X Hots, but I can definitely say you should see tighter dispersion with your shots. I switched from PX 5.5's to the aerotech i80cw's in stiff and I haven't looked back. Great shafts! Very good for vibration dampening as well.

I have a set of X Hots with stock graphite shafts senior flex, what would be the advantage of going to i70 senior flex, would it be tighter dispersion.

Hard to say honestly, a fitting would be the best way to find out or to pick up one shaft and have it put into a head.

Are you having dispersion issues with the stock graphite.

I have a shaft coming to my fitters that will be dropped into a head as well as a recoil shaft in matching weight and flex to give them both a test run.

Last edited:
Hard to say honestly, a fitting would be the best way to find out or to pick up one shaft and have it put into a head.

Are you having dispersion issues with the stock graphite.

I have a shaft coming to my fitters that will be dropped into a head as well as a recoil shaft in matching weight and flex to give them both a test run.

Yes mostly in the long to mid irons, short irons not so bad

What's your miss?

And are you still only playing a 7i in the xhot iron?

Which clubs exactly are you seeing the dispersion issue with? And what's that avg miss both left and right of target?

What's your miss?

And are you still only playing a 7i in the xhot iron?

Which clubs exactly are you seeing the dispersion issue with? And what's that avg miss both left and right of target?

Playing the 7 iron up in X Hots miss usually right of target usually about 5 to 10 meters

It may be an alignment issue more than a shaft issue unless your seeing a fade or a know for sure it's not a push. It is possible that your current shaft is too soft and allowing the face to stay open and not square back up.

The only way to know for sure is to see a fitter.

Shaft weight could also effect your swing path - i.e. stiffness may be fine but you need a different weight.

So I picked up the AP2 head with the 110 in X from my fitter today and immediately hit the range the feel is great initial launch looked good. The 40mph into and across hurt the end portion of flight.

So I picked up the AP2 head with the 110 in X from my fitter today and immediately hit the range the feel is great initial launch looked good. The 40mph into and across hurt the end portion of flight.

I love my i95 Stiff steelfibers. I don't know why I got rid of the DPC's I had with them.... oh yea they got stolen...

I have put the 110 x through some serious paces recently in the AP2 head against the recoil. The numbers are spot on at right around 5500 for 6i and 85mph.

The steelfiber is a great shaft and I like it, the only negative is that on partial shots it just doesn't perform as well for me as the recoil. The feel is there on full swings and the ability for the shaft to hold up to my release is phenomenal.

I have put the 110 x through some serious paces recently in the AP2 head against the recoil. The numbers are spot on at right around 5500 for 6i and 85mph.

The steelfiber is a great shaft and I like it, the only negative is that on partial shots it just doesn't perform as well for me as the recoil. The feel is there on full swings and the ability for the shaft to hold up to my release is phenomenal.

What makes it inferior on partial swings?

The steelfiber doesn't seem to load as well as the recoil or as consistently for me. Could be the x shaft as I didn't notice an issue when hitting others stiff shafts although those launch higher spin a bit much for me.

The aerotechs play stiffer than the recoils. I was just fitted for steelfiber R or Recoil F4.

A steelfiber in X is a stout shaft.

Back